Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

I'll take Boy-thing over all the upgraded powers and abilities some of you wanted Blade to have
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

It should be noted for those unfamiliar with Man-Thing that when he was on the ogThunderbolts/Dark Avengers he did gain an ability to talk and wholly recognize his teammates. It was a nice touch and was the largest continued character growth/development for the character in years. After that, when he was on Howling Commandoes, Legion of Monsters w/Deadpool, in Champions and everywhere else(except the Stein mini) the Marvel editors totally ignored that and just hit reset on him. #sadface
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I guess I missed the Howling commandos appearance, but his time on the Luke Cage Thunderbolts was amazing. I learned so much about Man-Thing from that run
    Last edited by Jabare; 08-29-2019 at 03:37 PM.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I guess I missed the Howling commandos appearance, but his time on the Luke Cage Thunderbolts was amazing. I learned so much about Swamp Thing from that run
    Ahem....Man-Thing
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Yea I'm a big fan of the boy thing, also I'm guessing he'll be in strikeforce too, or at least referenced because they have the whole avengers team in the strikeforce preview

Boy-Thing is probably the only modern-day Blade sidekick I'm really big on. I'm cool with someone in a Whistler or Jamal Afari role (kind of like his Q), but outside of that I prefer Blade solo (not counting the occasional team up)
    The J-man

Mighty Member

https://screenrant.com/blade-storylines-want-see-mcu/

how do you guys feel about this list?

I still think the 2004 tomb of dracula story is the best

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    https://screenrant.com/blade-storylines-want-see-mcu/

how do you guys feel about this list?

I still think the 2004 tomb of dracula story is the best
    Curse of the mutants?! Undead Again?! This list is Wick it’s basically just listing the majority of the Blade storylines.

It’s missing captain Britain MI:13 Deadpool the Guantlet, Mighty Avengers and Avengers. But it’s not like Blade is the lead in those stories. Hell the recent Avengers arc is better then some of these stories.

Tomb of Dracula 2004 should be on here. And I’d take some of the 90s stories over Curse of the Mutants and Undead Again.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

I'm sort of mad that Disney and Sony won't be giving us Morbius in the Midnight Sons movie.

Not that the Midnight Sons movie was going to happen anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I'm sort of mad that Disney and Sony won't be giving us Morbius in the Midnight Sons movie.

Not that the Midnight Sons movie was going to happen anyways...
    I'm not sure we'd ever get an official Midnight Sons movie... but in the least it's not outside the realm of possibility we could get a Dr. Strange or Blade movie using some of those characters. Morbeius not withstanding.

The tricky thing is that Ghost Rider and Hellstrom are on the Marvel TV side of things while Strange and Blade seem to be on the Marvel Studios side of things. It's clearly not impossible to mix the two elements, but its' quite rare.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm not sure we'd ever get an official Midnight Sons movie... but in the least it's not outside the realm of possibility we could get a Dr. Strange or Blade movie using some of those characters. Morbeius not withstanding.

The tricky thing is that Ghost Rider and Hellstrom are on the Marvel TV side of things while Strange and Blade seem to be on the Marvel Studios side of things. It's clearly not impossible to mix the two elements, but its' quite rare.
    Who would you even put in it? Strange and Blade, but everyone else is sort of taken already.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Who would you even put in it? Strange and Blade, but everyone else is sort of taken already.
    In a perfect scenario I'd use all the supernatural characters. Midnight Sons would be the equivalent of the supernatural Avengers. Strange, Blade, Ghost Rider, Hellstrom, and maybe Moon Knight. Again though, I'm not sure it's logistically easy to use people like Ghost Rider and Hellstrom if they're on the TV side of things.

Scarlet Witch maybe counts too.

But having that many characters would probably be expensive, and it's not likely it would make anywhere near Avengers money to justify the cost. Just wishful thinking on my part.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

The one plus is that we still haven't really seen Danny Ketch or Johnny Blaze (other than a brief came in Agents of SHIELD), so they could bring one of them to the movies.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Curse of the mutants?! Undead Again?! This list is Wick it’s basically just listing the majority of the Blade storylines.

It’s missing captain Britain MI:13 Deadpool the Guantlet, Mighty Avengers and Avengers. But it’s not like Blade is the lead in those stories. Hell the recent Avengers arc is better then some of these stories.

Tomb of Dracula 2004 should be on here. And I’d take some of the 90s stories over Curse of the Mutants and Undead Again.
    Yea I largely agree, I do wonder if some of those storylines might do better as movies if they were adapted. Like undead again should be forgotten but, that Max series could be a cool premise for a movie (Blade's given up his sword but a new vampire faction needs him to birth a vampire god), also if they brought in MI:13 into a Blade vs. Dracula story that could be cool too. Mahershala's Blade next to Kit Harrington's Black Knight could be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Mahershala's Blade next to Kit Harrington's Black Knight could be amazing.
    I would pay huge money for that if it was done right. Heck even just a comic Blade and Black Knight mini would suffice. Again if done right.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.