Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

new strikeforce variant

Extraordinary Member

I like the stake holster.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Yea I largely agree, I do wonder if some of those storylines might do better as movies if they were adapted. Like undead again should be forgotten but, that Max series could be a cool premise for a movie (Blade's given up his sword but a new vampire faction needs him to birth a vampire god), also if they brought in MI:13 into a Blade vs. Dracula story that could be cool too. Mahershala's Blade next to Kit Harrington's Black Knight could be amazing.
    I'd buy the eff outta that!

BANNED

Blade the Vampire Hunter #2 Aug 1994
    "Red Prophet"
    The mysterious Bible John stands revealed,

as well as clues to the secret of Dracula himself.
    Blade confronts the dark lord, Dracula, in a vampire-infested night club.

And the dance of the undead is nothing compared to the rug-cutting Blade is going to do.

Written by Ian Edginton. Art by Doug Wheatley and Chris Ivy.

new strikeforce variant
    Blade needs a symbol of some kind or some kind of design element that would add a little color to his custom/outfit. The all black is cool but it seems dull sometime's in certain images.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Blade needs a symbol of some kind or some kind of design element that would add a little color to his custom/outfit. The all black is cool but it seems dull sometime's in certain images.
    Yea, they should bring back the midnight sons symbol or something

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    hmm. well, I guess they need to commission a designer to come up with something. should they focus on a symbol based on a vampire, teeth, a sword, or something else?

new strikeforce variant
    Love the cover, but we gotta get our guy to a black barber. His lineup is janky then a mug!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hmm. well, I guess they need to commission a designer to come up with something. should they focus on a symbol based on a vampire, teeth, a sword, or something else?
    Blade should always HATE vampires with a passion. he shouldn't take on any aspect of them with pride. Even if he is PART Vampire, it's not something he should ever revel in. So I would say a blade of some kind.

Honestly at the end of Siege of Darkness, all the surviving Midnight Sons DID have this mystically branded onto their arms. Supposed to be able to summon the others if they were REALLY needed.

7683_scaled_image.jpg

Has it ever been brought up again? As warriors against the supernatural, it's easily a symbol he could latch onto AND feel in-character.

symbols are overrated. Unless your rocking a leotard and a cape I don't see the need.

Blade isn't a campy hero
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    symbols are overrated. Unless your rocking a leotard and a cape I don't see the need.

Blade isn't a campy hero
    No, but he exists in a world of them, and for marketing reasons alone would probably benefit a little from having a logo. Blade's not a character you're gonna be putting on lunch boxes, but you will be putting him on hats and t-shirts and random Hot Topic items (once he hits the MCU, merchandise is a given).

They could go the BP route and just use a stylized version of his face. The fanged smile/grimace and sunglasses might provide enough foundation for merch to work with. If they go with a straight up logo the character himself wears (which doesn't seem entirely necessary but wouldn't hurt either), I agree that anything vampire related isn't something Blade would wear on his gear, but since his name is *Blade* the obvious answer to "what should his logo be" is a blade, likely something shaped (at least vaguely) like a stake.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

A stylized version of his name or a cool image of him works just fine. Others don't have logos like Luke Cage. Hulk doesn't have a logo and he's doing just fine. Wolverine doesn't have a logo. The BP example you provided isn't really a great one either. Bottom line is it just doesn't fit the character. Logos aren't needed for marketing by any stretch. He's already gonna have the Marvel logo so unless you want to launch a fashion line it's superfluous.

The best and most recognizable logos are Batman and Superman then there are about a dozen others that are okay/recognizable. Most importantly those logos fit the characters. Outside of that any other logos are forgettable or unknown and don't really add any value to the character. I'd argue once you get outside of Ironman or Spider-Man maybe Captain America (which is really the flag). Most heroes even popular ones don't have logos. Bucky has the start but that doesn't really count. Teams like FF4 and X-men do, but Guardians of the Galaxy or characters like Namor, etc. don't. Heck, even popular characters like WW and Captain Marvel don't have logos that resonate with the general public.

Having a logo on Blade is silly. It would just be done to have a logo and not really add anything characterwise or marketing-wise. He's not a spandex-wearing character. If you're going to affix something that's a true log it should be in mythos like an ancient vampire hunter orders crest or sigil (but he doesn't have anything like that at the moment). Trying to afix something like that to Blade hurts more then help. He's in his own lane and when Marvel recognizes that we tend to get the best version of Blade
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Blade should always HATE vampires with a passion. he shouldn't take on any aspect of them with pride. Even if he is PART Vampire, it's not something he should ever revel in. So I would say a blade of some kind.

Honestly at the end of Siege of Darkness, all the surviving Midnight Sons DID have this mystically branded onto their arms. Supposed to be able to summon the others if they were REALLY needed.

7683_scaled_image.jpg

Has it ever been brought up again? As warriors against the supernatural, it's easily a symbol he could latch onto AND feel in-character.
    All that stuff was seemingly dropped when the Midnight Sons banner was dropped. Which was a shame since I thought it was pretty cool. Sadly not a whole lot of them are around to really answer the call even if it was used. I think Blaze, Morbeius, and Blade are the only 3 left who actually went through the ceremony.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    All that stuff was seemingly dropped when the Midnight Sons banner was dropped. Which was a shame since I thought it was pretty cool. Sadly not a whole lot of them are around to really answer the call even if it was used. I think Blaze, Morbeius, and Blade are the only 3 left who actually went through the ceremony.
    You know, now that I think about it, there are fairly few of them left. That being said, I wish we would see the different members at least talk to each other once in a while.

For the record... my only "issue"( You can barely even call it that it's more of a suggestion) is that Blade's black, on black, on black, attire seems visually boring in some images. He needs a bit of color somewhere in his uniform, in my personal opinion. Even if it's harkening back to Snipes red liner in the trench coat.

A symbol would be cool and a decent break in the overall uniform but other elements can be added to create a more catching visual effect.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.