Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast

more interiors from the book

The J-man

Mighty Member

Aaron loves giving Blade is shining moments. Once again he steps in last minute to stop an OP ghost rider.

A few funny moments with him in Strikeforce too.

Blade and that Breathing Gun need to stay. also really loving the bond between Blade and Boy-Thing. You could tell Eric was just gonna sit back until Boy-thing got burned
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Blade and that Breathing Gun need to stay. also really loving the bond between Blade and Boy-Thing. You could tell Eric was just gonna sit back until Boy-thing got burned
    Aaron is definately better than any Avengers writer I've ever seen at powering up the Avengers when they need power ups. Even the lower end ones powerwise, like T'Challa or Blade or Cap. I have SOME reservations about the Avengers being able to pull out power-ups out of thin air when needed... but that aside, it makes for a fun ride where everyone can jump in rather than just the heavy hitters. Everyone contributes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Aaron is definately better than any Avengers writer I've ever seen at powering up the Avengers when they need power ups. Even the lower end ones powerwise, like T'Challa or Blade or Cap. I have SOME reservations about the Avengers being able to pull out power-ups out of thin air when needed... but that aside, it makes for a fun ride where everyone can jump in rather than just the heavy hitters. Everyone contributes.
    I like it, just cause it makes for more creative story telling. Like we know thor can throw a hammer...what else? Use his thunder to channel shehulks gamma energy? That's exciting.

Like we know Blade stabs stuff....what else? The action scenes in strikeforce were kinda boring to me for that reason, even if the story is interesting.

Fantastic Member

One thing I love about Blade appearances? When he acknowledges the stuff he's done in the last and the places he's been. Flashbacks are always welcome when it comes to him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWind View Post
    One thing I love about Blade appearances? When he acknowledges the stuff he's done in the last and the places he's been. Flashbacks are always welcome when it comes to him.
    Yea, I love when they break out the classic costume. Also was that one of the first times we've seen him use a sword in the classic costume? I feel like I've only seen him use throwing knives.

Mighty Member

Also it's pretty interesting that Hellstrom, Blade, and Ghost Rider have all been featured pretty heavily together for a while now. Between Spirits of Vengeance, Avengers, Damnation, and Strikeforce, they're clearly building some history between them. I'm curious to see how the hulu series might be connected to the Blade movie at all.

rumor is the Hulu series is canceled, which is a shame. Looks like MCU wants Ghost Rider for a movie instead.

I do love that Marvel is building up the mystical side of there universe again. Blade's connection to Hellstrom, Ghost Rider and Satana are always nice to see. Ironically Dr. Strange has kind of been separated from all these characters in recent stories. Even in Damnation he wasn't really interacting with them.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

rumor is the Hulu series is canceled, which is a shame. Looks like MCU wants Ghost Rider for a movie instead.

I do love that Marvel is building up the mystical side of there universe again. Blade's connection to Hellstrom, Ghost Rider and Satana are always nice to see. Ironically Dr. Strange has kind of been separated from all these characters in recent stories. Even in Damnation he wasn't really interacting with them.
    I'm not mad at that at all. Now we're almost guaranteed to get Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, and Blade together. They'll probably plan a Damnation event.

I was rereading Blade vs Wolverine again. Do you all think Blade should switch to red sunglasses?
    The J-man

I was rereading Blade vs Wolverine again. Do you all think Blade should switch to red sunglasses?
    I didn't read that one, but off the top of my head... no. Between Cyclops and Daredevil I'm actually finding red sunglasses a bit overused.

If anything I'd like the glasses to be a bit more functional. His old goggles have been described as both night vision and able to prevent him from getting mesmerized by vampires. That was kind of cool.

Honestly, I just don't see Blade working SOOOOO hard to look cool. I picture him as a bit more pragmatic. Leather offers some protection, weapons are easily accessed, glasses serve a purpose.... He's not Batman. He's not out to strike terror in his enemies... Ain't nobody getting out alive to tell the tale anyway :P

they're just sunglasses he's not wearing a Tom Ford. I thought the red didn't look half bad in the comic, probably depends on the artist.

In terms of practicality, since you went there:

Sunglasses can serve the same purpose as googles, keeping dust and blood out of his eyes. He won't be caught off guard by flashes or sudden lights. Plus he won't look goofy or conspicuous walking around. He can blend in.

Just like a poker player sunglasses can help hide what they are thinking. This is especially useful in a fight since he can mask where he is looking/where he intends to have a blow land. They also hide when he is blinking which would be an opportune time for a vampire with quick reflexes to strike.

Additionally, since Blade is a dhampir he has benefits from both species. Human day vision and vampire night vision. I've always thought that his eyes might have problems with the transitioning from light to dark. Let's face it normal vampires and humans wouldn't have to deal with this.

When you take all that into consideration sunglasses seem incredibly practical for Blade.

Also, there is the route the anime took, where he has vampire eyes and the shades hide those.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I didn't read that one, but off the top of my head... no. Between Cyclops and Daredevil I'm actually finding red sunglasses a bit overused.

If anything I'd like the glasses to be a bit more functional. His old goggles have been described as both night vision and able to prevent him from getting mesmerized by vampires. That was kind of cool.

Honestly, I just don't see Blade working SOOOOO hard to look cool. I picture him as a bit more pragmatic. Leather offers some protection, weapons are easily accessed, glasses serve a purpose.... He's not Batman. He's not out to strike terror in his enemies... Ain't nobody getting out alive to tell the tale anyway :P
    Not that In want Blade in red sunglasses but two characters using red sunglasses is overused?

Blade looked pretty good with red sunglasses in Marvel Disk Wars

The J-man