Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 LastLast
Results 826 to 840 of 888
  1. #826
    The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Marvel Studios
    Posts
    10,420

    Default

    Blade the Vampire Hunter #3 Sep 1994
    "Black Reign"
    Blade vs. Dracula, Round 2!

    Dracula puts the bite on Blade.

    But that's not gonna stop our hero, especially when he's getting a hand from...another vampire?!

    Written by Ian Edginton. Art by Doug Wheatley, Chris Ivy and Steve Moncuse.
    Imperius Rex!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/.../74396-9Bk.jpg
    It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-51Bk.jpg
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-43Bk.jpg

  2. #827
    Spectacular Member Vanguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Generally how strong do you guys feel Blade is? I know Guggenheim popularized false information claiming he has class 1 strength (1 ton). But hes got a ton of feats to suggest more.



    Breaking chains after being drained of 8 pints of blood.




    Pressing the Reaper God. Look at the size of him.

    And Spiderman saying Blades punches make him feel pain. So Id say around 7 or 8 tons right?

  3. #828
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Generally how strong do you guys feel Blade is? I know Guggenheim popularized false information claiming he has class 1 strength (1 ton). But he’s got a ton of feats to suggest more.



    Breaking chains after being drained of 8 pints of blood.




    Pressing the Reaper God. Look at the size of him.

    And Spiderman saying Blades punches make him feel pain. So I’d say around 7 or 8 tons right?
    Spider-Man is never a good guage for this sort of thing, because he has plenty of normal human beings which have given him a good run for their money even though they theoretically shouldn't have. Kingpin has been able to fight Spider-Man for decades, despite the fact that he isn't meta human at all. Peter in theory should be able to KO Willy with his pinky finger, but in comics it just doesn't work that way.

    Googling Dracula (who theoretically should be the strongest vampire apart from possibly Varnea), he has class 4 strength. But he one fought and actually outclassed Colossus. But looking at Draculas track record overall I very much doubt he's anywhere close to Colossus actually strength level.

    I'd say 1-2 tons is about right, but like all comic book heroes you'll occasionally get a writer who doesn't bother doing the match and has the character lift more than they theoretically should.

  4. #829
    Spectacular Member Vanguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Spider-Man is never a good guage for this sort of thing, because he has plenty of normal human beings which have given him a good run for their money even though they theoretically shouldn't have. Kingpin has been able to fight Spider-Man for decades, despite the fact that he isn't meta human at all. Peter in theory should be able to KO Willy with his pinky finger, but in comics it just doesn't work that way.

    Googling Dracula (who theoretically should be the strongest vampire apart from possibly Varnea), he has class 4 strength. But he one fought and actually outclassed Colossus. But looking at Draculas track record overall I very much doubt he's anywhere close to Colossus actually strength level.

    I'd say 1-2 tons is about right, but like all comic book heroes you'll occasionally get a writer who doesn't bother doing the match and has the character lift more than they theoretically should.
    Interesting. But I would like to note that it was a power dampened Blade, that made Spiderman feel pain with his punches. Spiderman was infected with Vampire virus at the time. Blade was being drained of his blood prior to their fight.


    free image hosting for ebay
    Last edited by Vanguard; 10-16-2019 at 12:08 PM.

  5. #830
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    270

    Default

    I'd say when Blade is really, really trying in high stress situations, he's certainly 5+ tons.

  6. #831
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,394

    Default

    yeah based on showings I'd say 5 tons possibly over 10 or more in really dire situaiton when he's being pushed to his limit
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  7. #832
    Spectacular Member Vanguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Yeah I tend to agree with you guys with 5 to 10 tons. Here is Deadpool saying Blade is much stronger than people give him credit for. Probably because of Guggenheim.



    upload picture link

  8. #833
    Spectacular Member Vanguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Strikeforce #2 was a good issue. I like Blade as a leader. I’m just really not liking the art. Get a new artist. Sorry.

  9. #834
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    790

    Default

    yeah, avengers #25 gave us a split second of Blade action (its almost a fastball special with Thor and Blade), and then Strikeforce lets his character come out a lot more. Its also cool to see him written with a level of respect too.

  10. #835
    Astonishing Member phantom1592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Yeah I tend to agree with you guys with 5 to 10 tons. Here is Deadpool saying Blade is much stronger than people give him credit for. Probably because of Guggenheim.



    upload picture link


    I think I HAVE those Blade trading cards... they were all pre-Daywalker power upgrade. ToD and Nightstalkers was pretty much 'strong human' level. Doubt he'd even hit that 1 ton range.

    Post Daywalker upgrade/retcon? Who can say...

  11. #836
    Spectacular Member Vanguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I think I HAVE those Blade trading cards... they were all pre-Daywalker power upgrade. ToD and Nightstalkers was pretty much 'strong human' level. Doubt he'd even hit that 1 ton range.

    Post Daywalker upgrade/retcon? Who can say...
    Oh okay. I wish somebody would clarify somehow in the actual comics. Id say 5 to 9 tons.

    Forgot to add him throwing Wade through the ceiling of a train.

    Last edited by Vanguard; 10-23-2019 at 08:31 PM.

  12. #837
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,843

    Default

    I just watched Blade and Blade II recently, and I have to say, if they follow the model of the first movie over the second, I think concerns about Blade being done at the MCU-standard PG-13 level are overstated. Seems very doable to me.

  13. #838
    Astonishing Member phantom1592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I just watched Blade and Blade II recently, and I have to say, if they follow the model of the first movie over the second, I think concerns about Blade being done at the MCU-standard PG-13 level are overstated. Seems very doable to me.
    Concerns about doing any movie at PG-13 level are always overstated. The amount of gore, F-bombs and nudity don't have any bearing on solid plot and acting. Just look towards Supernatural on television to see what you can still get away with. Highlander went through 6 seasons without a single decapitation shown to the camera... but Supernatural routinely hacks off heads with a machete with the victim facing the camera and leave a room covered in blood.

    Sex, F-bombs... and entrail ripping gore... that's about all there is that makes things 'R' anymore and you can tell a great Blade story without those. ESPECIALLY when dealing with comic book characters. If they weren't in Vertigo or MAX... then their source material was all PG-13 or less. Just focus on the source materials.

  14. #839
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Concerns about doing any movie at PG-13 level are always overstated. The amount of gore, F-bombs and nudity don't have any bearing on solid plot and acting. Just look towards Supernatural on television to see what you can still get away with. Highlander went through 6 seasons without a single decapitation shown to the camera... but Supernatural routinely hacks off heads with a machete with the victim facing the camera and leave a room covered in blood.

    Sex, F-bombs... and entrail ripping gore... that's about all there is that makes things 'R' anymore and you can tell a great Blade story without those. ESPECIALLY when dealing with comic book characters. If they weren't in Vertigo or MAX... then their source material was all PG-13 or less. Just focus on the source materials.
    Exactly. It's annoying how committed everyone is to that rating.

  15. #840
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    790

    Default

    Avengers solicitation says we'll be seeing a new look Blade in January.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •