Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Blade the Vampire Hunter #3 Sep 1994
    "Black Reign"
    Blade vs. Dracula, Round 2!

Dracula puts the bite on Blade.

But that's not gonna stop our hero, especially when he's getting a hand from...another vampire?!

Written by Ian Edginton. Art by Doug Wheatley, Chris Ivy and Steve Moncuse.

Generally how strong do you guys feel Blade is? I know Guggenheim popularized false information claiming he has class 1 strength (1 ton). But he’s got a ton of feats to suggest more.

Breaking chains after being drained of 8 pints of blood.

Pressing the Reaper God. Look at the size of him.

And Spiderman saying Blades punches make him feel pain. So I’d say around 7 or 8 tons right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Generally how strong do you guys feel Blade is? I know Guggenheim popularized false information claiming he has class 1 strength (1 ton). But he’s got a ton of feats to suggest more.

Breaking chains after being drained of 8 pints of blood.

Pressing the Reaper God. Look at the size of him.

And Spiderman saying Blades punches make him feel pain. So I’d say around 7 or 8 tons right?
    Spider-Man is never a good guage for this sort of thing, because he has plenty of normal human beings which have given him a good run for their money even though they theoretically shouldn't have. Kingpin has been able to fight Spider-Man for decades, despite the fact that he isn't meta human at all. Peter in theory should be able to KO Willy with his pinky finger, but in comics it just doesn't work that way.

Googling Dracula (who theoretically should be the strongest vampire apart from possibly Varnea), he has class 4 strength. But he one fought and actually outclassed Colossus. But looking at Draculas track record overall I very much doubt he's anywhere close to Colossus actually strength level.

I'd say 1-2 tons is about right, but like all comic book heroes you'll occasionally get a writer who doesn't bother doing the match and has the character lift more than they theoretically should.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Spider-Man is never a good guage for this sort of thing, because he has plenty of normal human beings which have given him a good run for their money even though they theoretically shouldn't have. Kingpin has been able to fight Spider-Man for decades, despite the fact that he isn't meta human at all. Peter in theory should be able to KO Willy with his pinky finger, but in comics it just doesn't work that way.

Googling Dracula (who theoretically should be the strongest vampire apart from possibly Varnea), he has class 4 strength. But he one fought and actually outclassed Colossus. But looking at Draculas track record overall I very much doubt he's anywhere close to Colossus actually strength level.

I'd say 1-2 tons is about right, but like all comic book heroes you'll occasionally get a writer who doesn't bother doing the match and has the character lift more than they theoretically should.
    Interesting. But I would like to note that it was a power dampened Blade, that made Spiderman feel pain with his punches. Spiderman was infected with Vampire virus at the time. Blade was being drained of his blood prior to their fight.

free image hosting for ebay
    Last edited by Vanguard; 10-16-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Fantastic Member

I'd say when Blade is really, really trying in high stress situations, he's certainly 5+ tons.

yeah based on showings I'd say 5 tons possibly over 10 or more in really dire situaiton when he's being pushed to his limit
    The J-man

Yeah I tend to agree with you guys with 5 to 10 tons. Here is Deadpool saying Blade is much stronger than people give him credit for. Probably because of Guggenheim.

upload picture link

Strikeforce #2 was a good issue. I like Blade as a leader. I’m just really not liking the art. Get a new artist. Sorry.

Mighty Member

yeah, avengers #25 gave us a split second of Blade action (its almost a fastball special with Thor and Blade), and then Strikeforce lets his character come out a lot more. Its also cool to see him written with a level of respect too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Yeah I tend to agree with you guys with 5 to 10 tons. Here is Deadpool saying Blade is much stronger than people give him credit for. Probably because of Guggenheim.

upload picture link

I think I HAVE those Blade trading cards... they were all pre-Daywalker power upgrade. ToD and Nightstalkers was pretty much 'strong human' level. Doubt he'd even hit that 1 ton range.

Post Daywalker upgrade/retcon? Who can say...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I think I HAVE those Blade trading cards... they were all pre-Daywalker power upgrade. ToD and Nightstalkers was pretty much 'strong human' level. Doubt he'd even hit that 1 ton range.

Post Daywalker upgrade/retcon? Who can say...
    Oh okay. I wish somebody would clarify somehow in the actual comics. Id say 5 to 9 tons.

Forgot to add him throwing Wade through the ceiling of a train.

Last edited by Vanguard; 10-23-2019 at 08:31 PM.

I just watched Blade and Blade II recently, and I have to say, if they follow the model of the first movie over the second, I think concerns about Blade being done at the MCU-standard PG-13 level are overstated. Seems very doable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I just watched Blade and Blade II recently, and I have to say, if they follow the model of the first movie over the second, I think concerns about Blade being done at the MCU-standard PG-13 level are overstated. Seems very doable to me.
    Concerns about doing any movie at PG-13 level are always overstated. The amount of gore, F-bombs and nudity don't have any bearing on solid plot and acting. Just look towards Supernatural on television to see what you can still get away with. Highlander went through 6 seasons without a single decapitation shown to the camera... but Supernatural routinely hacks off heads with a machete with the victim facing the camera and leave a room covered in blood.

Sex, F-bombs... and entrail ripping gore... that's about all there is that makes things 'R' anymore and you can tell a great Blade story without those. ESPECIALLY when dealing with comic book characters. If they weren't in Vertigo or MAX... then their source material was all PG-13 or less. Just focus on the source materials.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Concerns about doing any movie at PG-13 level are always overstated. The amount of gore, F-bombs and nudity don't have any bearing on solid plot and acting. Just look towards Supernatural on television to see what you can still get away with. Highlander went through 6 seasons without a single decapitation shown to the camera... but Supernatural routinely hacks off heads with a machete with the victim facing the camera and leave a room covered in blood.

Sex, F-bombs... and entrail ripping gore... that's about all there is that makes things 'R' anymore and you can tell a great Blade story without those. ESPECIALLY when dealing with comic book characters. If they weren't in Vertigo or MAX... then their source material was all PG-13 or less. Just focus on the source materials.
    Exactly. It's annoying how committed everyone is to that rating.

Mighty Member

Avengers solicitation says we'll be seeing a new look Blade in January.