Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    But the thing is he shouldn’t die because of the shf. So no real danger right?
    Yea, also it was interesting to see that Silver Surfer knew about Blade somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Yea, also it was interesting to see that Silver Surfer knew about Blade somehow
    then let's see Norrin gift Blade with some power cosmic and let him be cured of this affliction to red suns.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

What story would you like the upcoming movie to have

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    then let's see Norrin gift Blade with some power cosmic and let him be cured of this affliction to red suns.
    probably what's gonna happen.

also looks like there's a massive showdown coming in march. aaron's pulling together all the villains from the past few arcs to fight the avengers (dracula, red widow, namor, ursa major, squadron supreme, and mephisto)

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    His rogues could use some work. Id like to see him go up against Morbius. Maybe have a scuffle with a Marvel hero in a misunderstanding.

Incredible Member

I was thinking, that with the after credits scene with Mordo in DOCTOR STRANGE declaring too many sorcerers. That he might include Blade on his crusade. Seeing Blade's mission statement with his fellow Nightstalkers was to deal with the occulting all its forms. And prevent it from doing damage to people's lives like it did with him. That we'd see Blade trying to take out Stephen Strange as being one of the biggest names in occult circles. Maybe even include Hannibal King and the real Frank Drake.

new or old enemires I don't care as long as they look coola nd are creative. Half the fun of vampires, demons and other monsters are their spectacle. Especially considering everything Marvel's been cranking out they just can't be some vampires from Buffy. There can be some cannon fodder vamps but their should be some elite generals like we saw in the latest Avengers run.

Vampire D Bloodlust, some of the Devil May Cry bosses, Castlevania. I want something on par with that in terms of character design and creativity.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I want someone new so it can add to his rogues in the comics but I wouldn’t mind Shadow Colonel or a revamped Frost
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Although I want this to stray as far from the 90s version as possible how do y’all feel about the Whistlers showing up?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I pretty much don't acknowledge the supporting characters from the 3rd movie.

I'm cool with Whistler, Jamal Affari or Van Helsing showing up or all 3. Maybe they all know each other and were part of some ancient Vampire Hunting order. I'll pass on Whistler's daughter. We've already got Elsa Bloodstone and Vampire by Night if you believe the rumors

Also not sure if Marvel has the rights for Whistler. Whistler was first invented in the Spider-Man TAS then used in the original New Line movies, so while Marvel has the Blade rights back I think New Line still owns Whistler's rights.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

I'm cool with Whistler, Jamal Affari or Van Helsing showing up or all 3. Maybe they all know each other and were part of some ancient Vampire Hunting order. I'll pass on Whistler's daughter. We've already got Elsa Bloodstone and Vampire by Night if you believe the rumors

Also not sure if Marvel has the rights for Whistler. Whistler was first invented in the Spider-Man TAS then used in the original New Line movies, so while Marvel has the Blade rights back I think New Line still owns Whistler's rights.
    You know what I was thinking? Wesley Snipes as Affari, taking over Whistlers role in the previous movies. You get to incorporate Snipes, and you introduce Blades most important mentor. Even display Blades interest in music, but make it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    You know what I was thinking? Wesley Snipes as Affari, taking over Whistlers role in the previous movies. You get to incorporate Snipes, and you introduce Blades most important mentor. Even display Blades interest in music, but make it interesting.
    that idea crossed my mind as well. I'm all for it.

Also I'm trying to go into this movie with an open mind. I doubt it will resemble Snipes version and I don't wan't to get my expectaitons all out o fwack because of that.

I'm very curious as ot how this ties into the rest of the MCU
    The J-man

Incredible Member

I figured Whistler being first introduced in the Marvel produced Spider-Man cartoon would mean Marvel had the rights. Although with the Blade anime, they used Noah Van Helsing from the 2004 Tomb of Dracula comic as Eric Brook's mentor instead of Whistler. So New Line may hold the rights. Likewise the House That Freddy Built still has the lock on the Reapers as well. Dangit.

Blade makes an appearance in Incoming #1.

I'm a fan of his portrayal so far, but my one knock is how he refers to himself as a Vampire. At best he is a dhampir, and more importantly, Blade has never...... ever ever referred to himself as a Vampire it just doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    I figured Whistler being first introduced in the Marvel produced Spider-Man cartoon would mean Marvel had the rights. Although with the Blade anime, they used Noah Van Helsing from the 2004 Tomb of Dracula comic as Eric Brook's mentor instead of Whistler. So New Line may hold the rights. Likewise the House That Freddy Built still has the lock on the Reapers as well. Dangit.
    Reapers are easy workaround just call them something else and tweak their origins if you want to go that route.

I don't know who holds the rights, but if Marvel does not they just have to use Van Helsing, Jamal Afari or both instead. Unless Blade is just gonna be solo.
    The J-man

Blade makes an appearance in Incoming #1.

I'm a fan of his portrayal so far, but my one knock is how he refers to himself as a Vampire. At best he is a dhampir, and more importantly, Blade has never...... ever ever referred to himself as a Vampire it just doesn't work.

It does make him more interesting that he’s a dhampir. But they also need to establish that it doesn’t affect his ability to effectively hunt vampires. I like how Avengers shows some versatility with his powers. I wasn’t a fan of how much the art changed in Incoming #1. It’s almost like it changes every couple pages. But yea, I’ll continue to follow just to see what happens with Blade. Thanks for the heads up.