Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Extraordinary Member

I am loving Blade as an Avenger!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I am loving Blade as an Avenger!
    I would still hold judgement till we see him doing some Avenger stuff that has nothing whatsoever to do with Vampires...

In the middle of the Vampire war... Heck yeah. He's totally an avenger!! Next week when they fight Thanos, Kang or Ultron... will they be able to use him in any meaningful way??

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I would still hold judgement till we see him doing some Avenger stuff that has nothing whatsoever to do with Vampires...

In the middle of the Vampire war... Heck yeah. He's totally an avenger!! Next week when they fight Thanos, Kang or Ultron... will they be able to use him in any meaningful way??
    Well luckily the next major story arc is still mystical/magical in nature, so I have no doubt they'll be able to use him well in War of the Realms.

Extraordinary Member

He'll be fine in WotR. After that, who knows? But I'm excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I'm honestly a little surprised Blade is sticking around.

Who's the blonde woman?

definitely have him fight Thanos-- Blade has experience in "ashing" foes!!

Blade wouldn't be the first Avenger to have relatively low levels of power against higher end threats. He can do more than say a Black Widow in a lot of circumstances.

That said, I don't see Blade sticking around. Strange was rotated in and out, and I'm assuming once the vamp thing is over the same will happen to Blade. I don't think he necessarily wants to be an Avenger.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Who's the blonde woman?
    Thor's mother

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Blade wouldn't be the first Avenger to have relatively low levels of power against higher end threats. He can do more than say a Black Widow in a lot of circumstances.

That said, I don't see Blade sticking around. Strange was rotated in and out, and I'm assuming once the vamp thing is over the same will happen to Blade. I don't think he necessarily wants to be an Avenger.
    I think you're definitely right. I think it's been confirmed that the last Avengers spot is rotating. Hopefully he lands somewhere after this stint though. I think part of him does though. I think the Shadow Colonel was playing on him not necessarily fitting in anywhere. I think a running joke/theme for the past few years in comics featuring Blade is him not necessarily getting the credit he thinks he deserves.

Thor's mother

I think you're definitely right. I think it's been confirmed that the last Avengers spot is rotating. Hopefully he lands somewhere after this stint though. I think part of him does though. I think the Shadow Colonel was playing on him not necessarily fitting in anywhere. I think a running joke/theme for the past few years in comics featuring Blade is him not necessarily getting the credit he thinks he deserves.
    HOpefully all this Dracula/Shadow Colonel stuff can spin off into a Blade book, or even a Dracula book. They're doing a lot of world building in a very high profile book... it would be a shame if it just ended.

But it's possible that Blade might want to try the Avengers things I suppose. I said this in a different threat, but I think part of the formula for a lot of Avenger rosters is having that one character that doesn't necessarily fit it and doesn't necessarily want to be an Avenger. If he even takes reserve Avengers status, I'd be happy.

Mighty Member

HOpefully all this Dracula/Shadow Colonel stuff can spin off into a Blade book, or even a Dracula book. They're doing a lot of world building in a very high profile book... it would be a shame if it just ended.

But it's possible that Blade might want to try the Avengers things I suppose. I said this in a different threat, but I think part of the formula for a lot of Avenger rosters is having that one character that doesn't necessarily fit it and doesn't necessarily want to be an Avenger. If he even takes reserve Avengers status, I'd be happy.
    The only reason I'm skeptical of that is because if they were going to launch a Blade book, we'd probably see it during the War of the Realms event, like how they're launching a bunch of other books as tie-ins to the main event.

Mighty Member

The only reason I'm skeptical of that is because if they were going to launch a Blade book, we'd probably see it during the War of the Realms event, like how they're launching a bunch of other books as tie-ins to the main event.

Yeah, a Blade book is probably wishful thinking at this point. Still, he's being used. And the vampire stuff is getting a pretty big spotlight in Avengers. So at least down the road this might all lead to something.

My concern wouldn't be if they could use him in a meaningful way but instead if the writers using him can naturally bring Blade's characterization to a place that he would actually care.

Blades primary motive in life has always been to end the Vampire population, along with a little monster hunting in between. It's going to take well crafted writing to broaden Blade's motivation in an organic way.

My hope and best wishes is that the staff at Marvel will take the proper time and care to do so.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.