Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So the whole storyline where he meets his older self and never heard of Conner never happened? I don't read the Bat-books so I don't know what happened there. I just know that he told his older self that he never heard of Conner.
    yeah I feel like that storyline got retcon for this to work. Tim even looks younger in this as well

He is younger, he's officially 16, but its not this book that did it. Its been that way for some time, I think when his original origin was reinstated in 'Tec last year.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yeah I feel like that storyline got retcon for this to work. Tim even looks younger in this as well
    I think its just the art, everyone looks like they got five year off their age. I suspect that when he appears in Detective comic again, he'll look like his old self.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

This adds credence to my theory that Bendis was given free reign to do whatever he wanted to get him to come to DC. Including re-write continuity.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    This adds credence to my theory that Bendis was given free reign to do whatever he wanted to get him to come to DC. Including re-write continuity.
    I think it’s more that DC has no clue what to do with Tim’s generation and hasn’t for a long time. Apparently Tim was rumored to be one of the casualties of HiC at one point. So when Bendis and Gleason come along with a plan for what to do with them, DC just lets them do what they want because hey, it’s not like anyone else has a plan for them right?

Oh never mind, I myself was getting confused.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-09-2019 at 07:29 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    He's not rewriting continuity though. I mean, Tim's history was rewritten. But it wasn't Bendis that did it. Detective Comics did that.
    Tec gave him his old origin back but he still had no history with Conner. Now he knows who Conner is apparently. I don’t really care since I just want them to ignore the New 52, but Tim knowing who Conner is, that’s a retcon since it changes what Tynion established in Tec.

Geez, sorry, that's right. Man, I'm following this thread and I'm still getting all jumbled up, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Bendis even continues his gag with the two ladies from Action 1000.
    Be funny if this becomes a running joke like Cabbage Guy joke from Avatar TLA. Though I imagine Metropolis insurance premiums must be through the roof.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The whole timeline is in flux. So i would not worry too much about. That moment when tim did not know who kon was.And bart was reinserted into the timeline via speed force breaking. And conner himself is reinserted into the timeline via an unknown event. Maybe it is related to bart breaking out of speed force or may be not
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-10-2019 at 01:54 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I loved every page of this. Gleason killed it on art and it was the breath of fresh air I was hoping it would be. Great to see Time, Cassie and Bart in action again and Jinny was a ton of fun. Giving her an atomic era raygun was neat and seemed like a nod to all the weird stuff Jonah ran into at times.

If anything I bet it's an heirloom.

Can't wait for the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think it’s more that DC has no clue what to do with Tim’s generation and hasn’t for a long time.
    As opposed to their clear-cut vision for Dick's generation...
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Oh yeah! They cut them alright. Right in half.
    RIP wally west and roy harper.

Kon93

Who needs name tags

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Their vision for Dick's generation is to have them all dead or incompetent.