Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Avengers #12 (spoilers)

Jason Aaron you've really done it this time.

Even though this was largely a set up issue it was a lot of fun. The issue primarily deals with the formation of the Agents of Wakanda and the heroes prepping against the situation in Atlantis and the impending Vampire Civil War.

Aaron highlighted a lot of fan favorites. Janet Van Dyne fans rejoice she is back in all her glory.

Jarvis is back getting his bearings of the new Avengers HQ. Even Gorilla Man has grown on me. I wasn't a fan when Aaron first introduced him in this run.

The Agents of Wakanda is a wide ranging roster pulling from every corner of the Marvel Universe and I'm here for it. The team is so international I might even change the name, but I guess the guy footing the bill gets to make that decision.

Ka-Zar probably got the coolest scene in this issue.How he managed to infiltrate Atlantis with nothing but a knife and loincloth is beyond me, but off panel or not that is a top tier feat.

I'm not that familiar with Broo but I like that Aaron is thinking outside the box.

I also like how Marvel has set up this upcoming Vampire event in the Domino book and other titles. I wonder if Atlas Bear will tie back into this event seeing as she was also trying to get Morbius.

Man-Wolf is back. American Eagle makes an appearance (I thought he was dead, but happy to see him.) And a few others I'm not familiar with.

I've really come around on Aaron's Odin. I like what he's doing now. I'm not a big fan of the pre-historic Avengers but the chats he has with BP are pretty cool.

And then that last page. Oh baby!
    The J-man

Ever since the Namor storyline started each issue has gotten better and better. Aaron is writing T'Challaa like a straight up boss and I love it. Best issue of the relaunch so far imo and I can't wait for the Vampire Civil War.

Last 3 issues have been pretty good, I'm glad that Wasp has a role in all this. Her line towards the end makes me hope she'll show up in War of Realms, since Okoye was on the art too.

I sort of hope Aaron ends up getting 2 Avengers books like Hickman and Bendis did, instead of just one. I sort of think it might work better of Agents of Wakanda was a separate book from the core Avengers book which ended up coming together.

Otherwise, it's cool. Maybe a bit too much build up for my tastes, but it's good build up and the book comes out frequently enough that I'm not bothered by a slow pace.

It's not the Avengers proper, but I've had Morbius on so many "Ideal Avengers Team" lists that his inclusion here is more than enough for me.

Pretty much ready for an Agents of Wakanda series right now.

Extraordinary Member

I'm a simple woman: I see Morbius and I'm happy. Also they brought back Broo! I love Broo! And Aaron gave Janet a great place to shine!

One thing that annoyed me was that everyone forgets that Morbius isn't a normal vampire. Like, Aaron is obviously aware of it, but then you have Janet who's worried about getting him near the sun?

One thing that confuses me is just what the other vampires plan to do with Morbius. In Domino, it's explained that they were going to feed on him and use his vampire virus to infect normal people. And since it's confirmed that Morbius can't really bring himself to kill himself, neither will these infected.

However, we also see some vampires who think seem to think that Morbius's vampire virus might cure them of their own, or at least allow them to be alive.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Jason Aaron you've really done it this time.

Ka-Zar probably got the coolest scene in this issue.How he managed to infiltrate Atlantis with nothing but a knife and loincloth is beyond me, but off panel or not that is a top tier feat.
    How is that feat at all? Writers at Marvel have every air breather and their uncle 'inflitrating' Atlantis, like it's a stroll in the park and they portray the Atlanteans as idiots that aren't going to notice someone having difficultly with moving through tons of water or the crushing depths that alter the oxygen you breathe or stumbling around in the dark, light less sea floor or shivering into hypothermia at near freezing temperatures. It's really no problem in the MU. Babies can do it.

So, yep, sounds like Jason Aaron really has done it -- again.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Not to be that guy, but was Tony in this issue lol?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Not to be that guy, but was Tony in this issue lol?
    Oh, yeah, Ironman. He was in it for, like, a tiny panel.

Now excuse the Morbius, Broo, Gorilla Man, Ka-Zar, Wasp, and Dr. X Fans while we have a happy dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Oh, yeah, Ironman. He was in it for, like, a tiny panel.

Now excuse the Morbius, Broo, Gorilla Man, Ka-Zar, Wasp, and Dr. X Fans while we have a happy dance.
    I'm glad to see other characters get to shine. Always loved Morbius.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Fantastic issue. Yes, there was a lot of set-up here - but it involved so much freaking coolness!

So great to see some of my favorite under the radar characters getting some Avengers love. I really hope Aaron is gonna carve out some time to let all of 'em shine in upcoming issues. It definitely seems like he could have a whole other Avengers title with the ground team that T'Challa has assembled.

Maybe when his Thor run wraps up, that's something that will happen.

In the meantime, his Avengers run continues to be a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Ever since the Namor storyline started each issue has gotten better and better. Aaron is writing T'Challaa like a straight up boss and I love it. Best issue of the relaunch so far imo and I can't wait for the Vampire Civil War.
    Agreed 100%. After that first arc of chaotic nonsense, this book has been largely if not completely entertaining. The quality of his T'Challa speaks for itself, but I'm glad we're finally seeing Okoye step into the limelight more in the greater MU. I don't want her simply attached to the hip of BP, so making her director/boss of all these cast of characters is a brillaint move.

Wasp was awesome and a number of the other agents had moments to shine as well. And, of course, that final page... fukk yea!
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Broo the Brood is back. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'm not that familiar with Broo but I like that Aaron is thinking outside the box.
    Yeah, they could've easily slotted Shuri into Broo's role, so his appearance surprised me... but it does make sense, considering Broo is from Wolverine and the X-Men, which was also written by Jason Aaron.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Broo the Brood is back. Nuff said.
    That is cool. They did a story with him and Tony in A+X and he was such a good character. Glad to see he is getting some shine.