Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I was wondering if he fills in the lord of the vampires spot after the war is done.
    That would be both funny and set an interesting new status quo change. Dracula always comes back, of vourse, but it could be fun.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    That would be both funny and set an interesting new status quo change. Dracula always comes back, of vourse, but it could be fun.
    The solicitation for Avengers #16 says Blade will be fighting the Shadow Colonel (don't like this name all that much) and says at the end, there'll be a new lord of the dead. That implies it won't be Dracula and the three main people it could be are Blade (feel like he wouldn't accept it, who knows though), Shadow Colonel (guessing he gets killed by Blade), or Morbius. Morbius seems like the perfect candidate given that he more regularly works with the supernatural and apparently he's seen as valuable among vampires. Also he has that Sony movie getting made.

I'm not sure if Morbius is really intended to be a "regular" or if he's just being used for this arc. He is a very gifted scientist and doctor, so having him on the team would be a good idea.
    Morbius should be a regular. Because why the hell not? lol

He doesn't exactly have the Wolverine problem of overexposure, so i think he should setup shop. As you said, and i agree, he's a gifted scientist and doctor, and can be a dick -which are all valuable attributes any great team needs
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    we haven't seen him in action yet
    The solicitation for Avengers #16 says Blade will be fighting the Shadow Colonel (don't like this name all that much) and says at the end, there'll be a new lord of the dead. That implies it won't be Dracula and the three main people it could be are Blade (feel like he wouldn't accept it, who knows though), Shadow Colonel (guessing he gets killed by Blade), or Morbius. Morbius seems like the perfect candidate given that he more regularly works with the supernatural and apparently he's seen as valuable among vampires. Also he has that Sony movie getting made.
    Morbius has tried to work within the vampire community before, it just didn't work out. He just doesn't hate vampires the way Blade hates them. We also see that Blade is involved in War of the Realms, something I can't see him being involved with if he's the Lord of the Vampires.

We have seen vampire infighting before. A vampire can become Lord of the Vampires if they manage to defeat and kill Dracula.

Morbius isn't actually seen as "valuable" to the vampire community. We've seen that many of them hate him for introducing a new form of vampirism that isn't like what they have. Even though he has tried to help them in the past, he's much more tolerated than actually accepted.

He's seen as valuable now because the vampires have decided to try and use him to augment their own strains of the vampire virus.

If Morbius kills Dracula, however, then there's really nothing the larger vampire community can do besides just not follow him. However, thanks to his connections and intelligence, Morbius can certainly offer them safety snd protection that they don't have now, which might be tempting.

In Duggan's Deadpool, we already saw that some of New York's vampires have broken from Dracula to side with the other monsters, so Morbius becoming the new Lord of the Vampires would be an interesting status quo shift for not just Marvel's vampires, but potentially their other monsters as well.

Mighty Member

Morbius has tried to work within the vampire community before, it just didn't work out. He just doesn't hate vampires the way Blade hates them. We also see that Blade is involved in War of the Realms, something I can't see him being involved with if he's the Lord of the Vampires.

We have seen vampire infighting before. A vampire can become Lord of the Vampires if they manage to defeat and kill Dracula.

Morbius isn't actually seen as "valuable" to the vampire community. We've seen that many of them hate him for introducing a new form of vampirism that isn't like what they have. Even though he has tried to help them in the past, he's much more tolerated than actually accepted.

He's seen as valuable now because the vampires have decided to try and use him to augment their own strains of the vampire virus.

If Morbius kills Dracula, however, then there's really nothing the larger vampire community can do besides just not follow him. However, thanks to his connections and intelligence, Morbius can certainly offer them safety snd protection that they don't have now, which might be tempting.

In Duggan's Deadpool, we already saw that some of New York's vampires have broken from Dracula to side with the other monsters, so Morbius becoming the new Lord of the Vampires would be an interesting status quo shift for not just Marvel's vampires, but potentially their other monsters as well.
    That's what I'm curious about. If Morbius can leverage his knowledge and the potential for a new form of vampirism into a leadership position or something like that.

Also I googled it, and Jason Aaron did confirm that the last Avengers spot is rotating, so it's not likely that Blade will be a permanent member.

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    You forgot Dr. Nemesis
    Ah crap! Good catch! That's approaching a 12+ person roster.

Did they mention anything about it being rotational? He's sticking around for the next storyline, at the least.
    I think Aaron mentioned Dr. Strange's roster spot would be a rotational thing; so they had Stephen for the first arc, they've segued into Blade being in this next arc and so I assume Blade will probably get bored once all the vampires are dead and leave once the storyline ends. I would not be disappointed if he stuck around for the duration tho. Blade is a national treasure and should be treated as such
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I would throw solomon up to the main cast status then add our boy Kasper to the team. Dudes got a new suit, new code name and nowhere to call home. Plus he and Okoye got some unfinished business
    Kasper got that great reintroduction like a year ago and has had nothing to do since

Is his thing with Okoye even still canon? That was like a whole other semi-rectoned life ago lol
    Black Panther vs Thor

It's not really adding anything to the debate but Avengers #12 does have a very cool 80th Anniversary variant cover :-)

NOV180881_500.jpg

https://allforgeeks.com/variant-cove...-80th-variant/

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Kasper got that great reintroduction like a year ago and has had nothing to do since

Is his thing with Okoye even still canon? That was like a whole other semi-rectoned life ago lol
    I dunno... But I'd like to find out how that Interaction would go. Dude was thirsty as hell for her. But dude needs a home. Agents of Wakanda is a fun idea that can play like the Avengers book. Core team and "guests" (the other rotating agent's) that can pop up. But a core 8 would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I dunno... But I'd like to find out how that Interaction would go. Dude was thirsty as hell for her. But dude needs a home. Agents of Wakanda is a fun idea that can play like the Avengers book. Core team and "guests" (the other rotating agent's) that can pop up. But a core 8 would be great
    Okoye, Blade, Wasp, Morbius, Gorilla Man, Kazar, Kasper J. Cole [have him grow his hair out like the rapper too] and Agent Solomon.

In my biased opinion, that should be be the core 8... with Cole and Agent Solomon [Roz??] being the "everyday" man and woman who just have incredulous expressions on their faces with all the wonkiness and vampires and wakandan tech their thrust in. It'd be lit. I think that's a great book waiting to happen, and they can make it serious and introspective on these great characters that have been neglected to various degrees.

It can also be guest appearances galore. i.e. an entire issue could've been split between Kazar sneaking through Atlantis and Wasp breaking Morbius out of vampire prison. Could've been a guest appearance with Domino in the latter story. Let's ask Mr. Thorne to pitch the book
    Black Panther vs Thor

This issue made me so happy Fat Cobra, Blade, and Broo!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Yeah and I don't think it's a coincidence, I think this is a clear editorial push for Janet. Which we haven't seen since Remender's Uncanny Avengers days. Though that was followed by 1.5 years of limbo minus an appearance in All New Wolverine and Ant-Man Annual.

What I mean is I love it. I love that they are using her.
    Actually, what I think is happening is Aaron has been given the Bendis/Hickman role. He is at the head of the table shaping the overall narrative of a number of key comics right now, in the lead-up to an event. So the inclusion of these characters is probably partly Aaron laying claim to the characters he wants to use, which is not quite the same as an editorial mandate and more likely an indication of synergy between the editors and a key writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Agents of Wakanda feels like an almost inevitability, assuming Aaron has ideas for them. My preference would be to call it just that rather than Avengers but I understand the marketing reasons for Avengers.

This book started so weak but it's been a lot of fun recently. I'm just debating whether to jump ship before War of the Realms since I'm not reading Thor and don't really want to get sucked into an event.
    Thor #8 acts as an excellent jumping on point if you change your mind.

Did they mention anything about it being rotational? He's sticking around for the next storyline, at the least.
    They kind of did yes.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm not sure Morbeius is going to stick around either... he like Blade might end up bailing once the vampire business is taken care off.

That said, Morbius would be handy to have around. He's got brains, and if necessary a moderate amount of muscle to bring to the group as this isn't the most powerful team around. Not that it needs to be, but still... he'd be handy.
    Indeed it didn't feel like Morbius was being recruited.

---

My main concern is that T'Challa is keeping his cards far too close to his chest. He is trying to juggle multiple roles. Also, given the subtle suggestion last issue that he is like Watchman's Ozymandias, then I suspect we will see him pitched against the rest of the Avengers at some point.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 01-11-2019 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    They kind of did yes.

Indeed it didn't feel like Morbius was being recruited.

---

My main concern is that T'Challa is keeping his cards far too close to his chest. He is trying to juggle multiple roles. Also, given the subtle suggestion last issue that he is like Watchman's Ozymandias, then I suspect we will see him pitched against the rest of the Avengers at some point.
    It's possible. Characters like T'Challa tend to find themselves in that position from time to time. In comic book fiction, keeping stuff too close to the chest does tend to blow up in your face later if not sooner.

But I suppose that's almost what you're signing onto when you decide a guy like T'Challa is your leader. You should KNOW a guy like him will do that sort of stuff. If you want a more open book, pick Steve. But from a storytelling standpoint that's probably why you don't pick Steve. If you're going to have a different leader than Steve, might as well have someone that does things differently than Steve. Otherwise, you might as well have picked Steve. The differences are part of the fun.