Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Characters like Fat Cobra and Gorilla Man are weirdos Jason already did great short stories for years ago in Immortal Weapon and Agents of Atlas. In fact, the setup of T'Challa finding Ken directly parallels Jason's AoA story.

The shot of T'Challa on page 2 in the chair is godlike.

But yeah, was not expecting more members. My favorite is Jameson. Doing his pops proud. Or not proud. Depends. And paying respect to the OG Jarvis. It's just... *chef's kiss*

Godlike issue.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Not to be that guy, but was Tony in this issue lol?
    he's in the issue for a page where all the main Avengers gather. I think he will be front and center int he next issue.
    The J-man

Ha, found he Agents of Wakanda to be charming and inventive. All of these characters are diverse in many ways. There are A-listers to D-listers, humans, superhumans, mutants, basically a cross section of the Marvel Universe. There's a common denominator among all of these characters, I can sense it. But can't really describe it. Still, it's a fantastic bunch of characters who deserve to get the spotlight (and did I hear mention of Shang-Chi? Make it so T'Challa!)

It was a little offbeat, but oddly enough, it made me excited, especially with the upcoming vampire civil war. Well done!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    he's in the issue for a page where all the main Avengers gather. I think he will be front and center int he next issue.
    Thanks. It's cool to see other characters get to shine though. Looking forward to reading it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Ha, found he Agents of Wakanda to be charming and inventive. All of these characters are diverse in many ways. There are A-listers to D-listers, humans, superhumans, mutants, basically a cross section of the Marvel Universe. There's a common denominator among all of these characters, I can sense it. But can't really describe it. Still, it's a fantastic bunch of characters who deserve to get the spotlight (and did I hear mention of Shang-Chi? Make it so T'Challa!)

It was a little offbeat, but oddly enough, it made me excited, especially with the upcoming vampire civil war. Well done!
    I wish similar to Hickman and Bendis, Aaron got a second Avengers book for this other team. They're definately a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    He won't be in next issue at all - it's the prehistoric Iron Fist's origin issue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He won't be in next issue at all - it's the prehistoric Iron Fist's origin issue.
    oh really?! And this book was on such a roll too. Do we really need another prehistoric Avengers story?
    The J-man

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Ancient Avengers aside, I’m really digging this run so far

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, they could've easily slotted Shuri into Broo's role, so his appearance surprised me... but it does make sense, considering Broo is from Wolverine and the X-Men, which was also written by Jason Aaron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

I guess the common denominator amongst thesr characters is that they don't really have a place anymore.

Janet has been replaced by Nadia and no longer really is a A-list Avenger despite her years of experience, Gorilla Man has been in limbo without the Agents of Atlas, a group that was already pretty weird to begin with. Then you have Broo who has been in useless X-Men limbo, a special sort of hell since there are so many damn X-Men.

Of course Ka-Zar is a very special case of a character who just isn't a part of a genre people really get into anymore.

The others we see are also fan favorites who are great when they're on a team, but there's no team for then anymore.

Then you have Morbius who is a rather special case given that even when he is a member of a team, he's normally not especially well liked. He's not even really a vampire, which as Aaron points out, makes his usage here rather unexpected.

Though we have seen other characters try and use him to resurrect or create more vampires, it just doesn't work since he isn't one.

This makes me wonder if Dracula is the one trying to get him or if it's that Nazi vampire. We know that Dracula finds Morbius to be pathetic and not really worth his time, which is why we have only seen them interact maybe once before. The Nazi vampire might be the one trying to take advantage of Morbius in a way Dracula wouldn't.

Janet will always be an A-List Avenger.

It seems very much like her role here is an editorial push and agents of wakanda is where Aaron decided to use her since he seems to have a specific plan for the roster.

And I have zero complaints about it, the fact that she has a role in this at all is a win for me. She's appeared in 2 issues and already recruited Blade, Morbius and is helping Okoye run things, that is great.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Ancient Avengers aside, I’m really digging this run so far

These are really trying my patience as I find they interrupt the run costing me to keep a complete set for not avengers characters

Thinest of thin edges with these interjections for me
    Last edited by kilderkin; 01-10-2019 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Janet will always be an A-List Avenger.

It seems very much like her role here is an editorial push and agents of wakanda is where Aaron decided to use her since he seems to have a specific plan for the roster.

And I have zero complaints about it, the fact that she has a role in this at all is a win for me. She's appeared in 2 issues and already recruited Blade, Morbius and is helping Okoye run things, that is great.
    Yeah, she seems to be the AOW's second in command, like she was for the Unity Squad.

Janet's in three books now, so she isn't being ignored. It just looked that way for a few months before Iron Man #4 (LGY #604) and Unstoppable Wasp #1 (LGY #9) were announced.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, she seems to be the AOW's second in command, like she was for the Unity Squad.

Janet's in three books now, so she isn't being ignored. It just looked that way for a few months before Iron Man #4 (LGY #604) and Unstoppable Wasp #1 (LGY #9) were announced.
    Yeah and I don't think it's a coincidence, I think this is a clear editorial push for Janet. Which we haven't seen since Remender's Uncanny Avengers days. Though that was followed by 1.5 years of limbo minus an appearance in All New Wolverine and Ant-Man Annual.

What I mean is I love it. I love that they are using her.

Is Steve Rogers in this? Why isn’t he in charge of Agents of Wakanda? He’s usually the general in the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Is Steve Rogers in this? Why isn’t he in charge of Agents of Wakanda? He’s usually the general in the Avengers.
    He's on the main Avengers team. If you want a high profile A list Avengers team, you need the Big 3 there.

He could in theory do both (he did with the main Avengers and Uncanny team during Hickmans run), but there's enough Avengers out there to where he doesn't need to do double duty.