Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Awesome. Because if it's one thing we don't get to see enough of at Marvel is heroes fighting heroes.
    The only one of the group who is at all considered a hero is Namor and he's been a villain as well since the 60s.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Does it explain that? Atlas Bear is exiled from Wakanda and does not appear to be in communication of allegiance with T'Challa and Okoye.
    We learned in that issue that there was some preliminary global panic about a vampire uprising and that Morbius was considered an important part. This issue highlighted that Dracula was seeking to make Morbius a part of his army due to his unique skill set to fight against the uprising. It appears that the heroes don't have the full context but in general there has been an effort to subvert Dracula's plans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    It seems likely that after War of the Realms we're going to see a global superhero war.
    Unlike most of those, I wouldn't say that this one has some reason and planning around it. Aaron is clearly setting up the different teams and the bad blood between them isn't inorganic. Aaron is using the fallout from Secret Empire to expose the cracks in the community that would be there anyways.

Personally, I always thought that Hickman's international Avengers was too optimistic. And as we saw in the lead up to Secret Wars, things did fall apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Does it explain that? Atlas Bear is exiled from Wakanda and does not appear to be in communication of allegiance with T'Challa and Okoye.
    Atlas Bear was trying to kill Morbius because she saw him being used to ignite a vampire apocalypse using his unique vampire virus. Morbius himself has worked with government agencies like SHEILD and ARMOR in the past. We also know that Black Panther sent Wasp to help Blade. This leads me to think that Morbius probably got into contact with anyone he could to warn them of what was hppening.

And as we see in this issue, he's still being pursued by other vampires.

Atlas Bear appears to have the power to foresee world ending events and she seemed to be hoping to avoid involving T'Challa at all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    We learned in that issue that there was some preliminary global panic about a vampire uprising and that Morbius was considered an important part. This issue highlighted that Dracula was seeking to make Morbius a part of his army due to his unique skill set to fight against the uprising. It appears that the heroes don't have the full context but in general there has been an effort to subvert Dracula's plans.
    I'm not sure Dracula really wanted Morbius as a part of his army. Rather, Dracula wanted to use Morbius's unique form of vampirism to argument the normal form of vampirism we see in undead vampires.

He was basically going to have a bunch of vampires feed on him, then use those vampires to infect normal humans with Morbius's vampirism. Some vampires even thought that they would be "cured" of the undead vampirism by doing this, at least that's what the vampire bride seemed to think in Domino.

Morbius's vampirism is especially deadly because, as explained in Domino and implied throughout his history, Morbius can't kill himself. He's compelled to keep living, which means he has to consume blood. Unlike Dracula's vampires, he can go about in daylight, has a heart beat, and he technically has a soul. Or he would if he hadn't already sold it.

Awesome. Because if it's one thing we don't get to see enough of at Marvel is heroes fighting heroes.
    The J-man

I would prefer it if they kept the Agents of Wakanda title as they are working for the Wakandan government. That being said I would like to see this team stay o. The Avengers book (or if Marvel gave a second book to him, hell, call it Avengers: Agents of Wakanda if they wanted) to basically give this team a home to fo fun stuff since it's roster is fairly big, bigger then originally forseen. And having them have Their own book to get panel time would be great. But for now keep them here, give them some shine and allow this group to gain more fans to take off on it's own spin off

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Characters like Fat Cobra and Gorilla Man are weirdos Jason already did great short stories for years ago in Immortal Weapon and Agents of Atlas.
    Parker and Kirks' Agents Of Atlas was such a blast. Kind of disappointed that Black Panther didn't tell Okoye that Gorilla Man would straight up wreck her in a fight when she had the sheer audacity to question his decision to recruit him. Also, The She-Devil is going to be annoyed that she will have to rule The Savage Land and raise the kid alone while Ka-zar is out.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 01-10-2019 at 12:29 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Agents of Wakanda >>> Agents of Atlas

As for a separate book focusing on it?

Okoye [Leader]
    Wasp [2nd in command]
    Blade [Once his rotational Avenger spot is up]
    Kazar
    Morbius
    Gorilla-Man
    Broo
    Agent Solomon
    Man-Wolf
    American Eagle
    Fat Cobra

Barring any new members (like Shang-Chi), I'd probably want the book to have the characters in bold in the forefront but still giving the other characters their moment in the sun as well, if not full spotlight issues
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Shoot, probably have to bump Agent Solomon to the main cast with how amusing her and Okoye's interactions are
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Parker and Kirks' Agents Of Atlas was such a blast. Kind of disappointed that Black Panther didn't tell Okoye that Gorilla Man would straight up wreck her in a fight when she had the sheer audacity to question his decision to recruit him. Also, The She-Devil is going to be annoyed that she will have to rule The Savage Land and raise the kid alone while Ka-zar is out.
    It really is a shame that Agents of Atlas didn't take off. Such a fun book and concept. Part of me is hoping Jimmy Woo shows up somewhere in this Avengers story. But I won't hold my breath.

He may have already shown up... and received a bullet from Agent Coulson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Shoot, probably have to bump Agent Solomon to the main cast with how amusing her and Okoye's interactions are
    Roz does need a new home. Can't imagine her involvement in Thor continuing once Aaron hands that over to a new writer. And that new outfit of hers is Black Panther tech. I think she'll either stick around in Avengers or be part of an Agents of Wakanda spin-off. If Aaron takes over T'Challa's solo, that's somewhere else Roz could end up.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He may have already shown up... and received a bullet from Agent Coulson.Roz does need a new home. Can't imagine her involvement in Thor continuing once Aaron hands that over to a new writer. And that new outfit of hers is Black Panther tech. I think she'll either stick around in Avengers or be part of an Agents of Wakanda spin-off. If Aaron takes over T'Challa's solo, that's somewhere else Roz could end up.
    Good point... it'll be interesting to see if that person on the receiving end of that bullet is someone we should actually give a damn about. If no, Jimmy is as good a candidate as any.

Extraordinary Member

Okoye [Leader]
    Wasp [2nd in command]
    Kazar
    Morbius
    Gorilla-Man
    Broo
    Agent Solomon
    Man-Wolf
    American Eagle
    Fat Cobra

Barring any new members (like Shang-Chi), I'd probably want the book to have the characters in bold in the forefront but still giving the other characters their moment in the sun as well, if not full spotlight issues
    I'm not sure if Morbius is really intended to be a "regular" or if he's just being used for this arc. He is a very gifted scientist and doctor, so having him on the team would be a good idea.

They should add Sofia, Kasper Cole, and maybe Daisy Johnson to the roster as well. I wouldn't mind if this was the groundwork for a successor to SHIELD.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Okoye [Leader]
    Wasp [2nd in command]
    Kazar
    Morbius
    Gorilla-Man
    Broo
    Agent Solomon
    Man-Wolf
    American Eagle
    Fat Cobra

I would throw solomon up to the main cast status then add our boy Kasper to the team. Dudes got a new suit, new code name and nowhere to call home. Plus he and Okoye got some unfinished business