Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I never realized he wanted to write 100 issues, do you know what his original plans were for Heroes in Crisis?
    Heroes in Crisis remains as planned. Tom King fell behind while working on TV pitches, so Batman 64-65 will crossover with Flash in a story written by Williamson dealing with the ramifications of HiC so King has time to catch up. This has pushed back his plans by two issues.

Except that King is still attempting too keep milestone events on nicely numbered issues. So his main story will still end at 100 but will have two extra issues afterward (101-105) to deal with the ramifications of the ending.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I never realized he wanted to write 100 issues, do you know what his original plans were for Heroes in Crisis?
    I don't know how Heroes In Crisis itself fit into his plans when writing the Batman book, or if he did have any original plans for that story, but I do know that the tie-in crossover happening next month written by Joshua Williamson (the Flash writer) was something they added last minute as a fill-in due to King being busy working on a super secret TV project at the time the script's needed to be finished.

The other 3 issues he didn't write were the two Night Of The Monster Men issues and the second Button issue.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Heroes in Crisis remains as planned. Tom King fell behind while working on TV pitches, so Batman 64-65 will crossover with Flash in a story written by Williamson dealing with the ramifications of HiC so King has time to catch up. This has pushed back his plans by two issues.

Except that King is still attempting too keep milestone events on nicely numbered issues. So his main story will still end at 100 but will have two extra issues afterward (101-105) to deal with the ramifications of the ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I don't know how Heroes In Crisis itself fit into his plans when writing the Batman book, or if he did have any original plans for that story, but I do know that the tie-in crossover happening next month written by Joshua Williamson (the Flash writer) was something they added last minute as a fill-in due to King being busy working on a super secret TV project at the time the script's needed to be finished.

The other 3 issues he didn't write were the two Night Of The Monster Men issues and the second Button issue.
    Ah, okay thanks for the information.

Hmmm.. I'm still curious as to when will King's run catch up to Doomsday Clock since the latter takes place ONE year in the future then the rest of the DC Universe and Bats has a pretty prominent role

#62 reads like one of those Fifty Shades movies. I just don't care much about Batman wrestling with his bloody inner drama or self-martyrism. Boo'hou...
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    He's very much being himself, though, as this issue was totaly in line with what he did in Mister Miracle.
    I felt he was going for that but it didn't work here for me and his Pyg was off.
    King has worked for me everywhere from Vision to Mister Miracle but his Batman has been hit and miss.

I don't know if King is trippy that comment was more for the guy claiming double standards.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I felt he was going for that but it didn't work here for me and his Pyg was off.
    King has worked for me everywhere from Vision to Mister Miracle but his Batman has been hit and miss.

I don't know if King is trippy that comment was more for the guy claiming double standards.
    His Pyg was off? What does that even mean? He didn't say a word all issue. Was he even the real Pyg?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.

His Pyg was off? What does that even mean? He didn't say a word all issue. Was he even the real Pyg?
    He was more slasher killer than PYg. Pyg isn't about gore. And clever trick not having him talk but he was still very off. Pyg is a performer not a butcher.
    A character is more than words coming out of their mouths

He was more slasher killer than PYg. Pyg isn't about gore. And clever trick not having him talk but he was still very off. Pyg is a performer not a butcher.
    A character is more than words coming out of their mouths
    And despite not being able to hear him, Pyg was still quite animated as he talked. I mean no Dollotrons or anything, I didn't think that there was enough to Pyg in this issue to definitively praise or disparage his use in it.

And despite not being able to hear him, Pyg was still quite animated as he talked. I mean no Dollotrons or anything, I didn't think that there was enough to Pyg in this issue to definitively praise or disparage his use in it.
    He was a butcher.

You didn't think there was enough but I did. His Pyg was off to me.
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-13-2019 at 09:51 AM.

BANNED

His damian was on point tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    His damian was on point tho.
    At least he uses Damian unlike some family members who haven't manged to make into Batman's world or radar in his run.

You get me?

At least he uses Damian unlike some family members who haven't manged to make into Batman's world or radar in his run.

You get me?
    To be fair he made it into a cubicle in an alternate world.

I'm not convinced Pyg was in this issue at all, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    I'm not convinced Pyg was in this issue at all, though.
    Yep.

You say he seemed "Off"? There's probably a reason why.

BANNED

You get me?
    Nope. you seem upset tho.