Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I don't know enough about the Borg myself.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

the only species to ever give the borg a hard time was species 8472. keep in mind that in "first contact", it took an entire fleet of starfleet's best ships, including the defiant, which was designed and built to kill borg, to take down one cube. it also didn't hurt that star fleet had been preping for years after wolf 359 for the borg to come for them again.

one bio ship could take down a single cube in about 2 to 3 shots. and a bio ship is massively smaller smaller than a cube. and about 10 of those same ships could straight up planet bust. honesly, if janeway hadn't been..........you know, janeway, the borg would be gone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the only species to ever give the borg a hard time was species 8472. keep in mind that in "first contact", it took an entire fleet of starfleet's best ships, including the defiant, which was designed and built to kill borg, to take down one cube. it also didn't hurt that star fleet had been preping for years after wolf 359 for the borg to come for them again.

one bio ship could take down a single cube in about 2 to 3 shots. and a bio ship is massively smaller smaller than a cube. and about 10 of those same ships could straight up planet bust. honesly, if janeway hadn't been..........you know, janeway, the borg would be gone.
    IIRC in the VOY collector's set there are additional interviews with the production staff. And if I recall the interview correctly, Species 8472 was a product developed specifically to be the antithesis to almost everything the Borg was, with as few common traits as possible. The only similar thing were incursions into Fed space, but 8472 did it for completely different reasons.

But yer.

If they're invading Naruto Earth, it comes down to which point in time we're taking the Borg from. Because it does matter who they have assimilated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    OH! I forgot another possible tactic: TIME TRAVEL! As seen in First Contact.

Go back to the genesis of life on that Earth with a Sphere, start assimilation, while in the present the Queen can collect, and PROFIT.

OR, if we're allowing feats from the novels, AIRBORNE nanoprobes! This one is nigh inescapable, and as long as its organic, its going to get assimilated.

The biggest joke is that nobody will even notice until its too late, when the biosphere itself turns against them. The Nin wouldn't even know what was going on.
    it is true, they can do that.

Is Kaguya inckuded in this ? If so, I coukd see Naruto side mayybe winning if they are given knowledge of the borg. It's really the insane numbers that's he problem. All the strongest can output beyond the Borg.

the biggest question is, at least for me, can the borg adapt to chakra?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I imagine, based on my limited knowledge of the Borg, that they will have problems with it. Chakra in of itself has different types and then different applications of said types as they can have wildly different effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I imagine, based on my limited knowledge of the Borg, that they will have problems with it. Chakra in of itself has different types and then different applications of said types as they can have wildly different effects.
    i only ask because the borg can adapt to energy based attacks. it's one of the reasons they were able to **** over starfleet so hard. their only really way to get around this is by randomizing the energy frequency of their phasers but even that was a temp fix.

and i agree, they would have problems with it, at first but if they treat it like they do any other energy based attack, then it will be a massive problem for the nins.

BANNED

they do not need to adapt to chakra (let alone descend on the planet) they just release Nanoprobe virus into the atmosphere.

I wonder about the more mental techniques they have, since the Borg are a hivemind are they all affected or is the will of the group mind too strong to let a few ninja deal with trillions of borg minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I wonder about the more mental techniques they have, since the Borg are a hivemind are they all affected or is the will of the group mind too strong to let a few ninja deal with trillions of borg minds.
    there was a ep of voyager where seven had different personalities from assimilated people inside of her. tuvok basically had to go into her mind and drag her out and he was nearly overwhelmed by the chaos inside of her mind. i don't think it would be a good idea to mess with the collective in that area since there are trillions upon trillions of minds that make it up.

also, not sure if optical genjutsu would be very effective on borg since drones have modified eyes and some drones don't even have eyes at all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by snoke123 View Post
    they do not need to adapt to chakra (let alone descend on the planet) they just release Nanoprobe virus into the atmosphere.
    So the Borg get far superior numbers, one sided prep time, the advantage of surprise and what is possibly a ready made method of winning without actually having to go into direct combat.

This rumble seems kinda stacked in the Borg's favour to be honest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    So the Borg get far superior numbers, one sided prep time, the advantage of surprise and what is possibly a ready made method of winning without actually having to go into direct combat.

This rumble seems kinda stacked in the Borg's favour to be honest.
    Well, they could also ram a Sphere into the planet at transwarp velocities... which can be over a thousand times the speed of light. Too fast for anybody to react, especially if the drive starts up in lunar orbit.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    If the Borg are smart they win very easily. Orbital bombardment and teleporters.
    Their orbital bombardment power was KINDA ****. *as seen in First Contact*

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Well, they could also ram a Sphere into the planet at transwarp velocities... which can be over a thousand times the speed of light. Too fast for anybody to react, especially if the drive starts up in lunar orbit.
    Isn't the Transwarp thing some kind of like alternate-space thing that doesn't interact with normal-space? And once they come out of it they are moving at normal speeds, and not super-speeds?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

First Contact was essentially an escape pod doing the bombardment mind you. Not at all the same thing as a full healthy Cube.

Much weaker ships have shaken continents with tractor beam attacks and the Borg have a lot more oomph than that.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure