Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: X-23 #8 Preview

BANNED

Default X-23 #8 Preview

Preview up.

BANNED

First, I'm going to reiterate I REALLY hate it when they split the spreads on these previews. It makes them damn hard to read.

Second, I really can't get over Laura calling the X-Assassin "It." It just seems off.

Third, not sure why Gabby is taking care of the room instead of Laura.

Astonishing Member

I think calling x assassin it is her being overtly safe. She has no idea what it is, if its remotely human or what it cant do, and knows there's a real chance they might have to put it down so shes just preparing for the worst.
    As for gabby there are two explanations A Laura still sees x assassin as a primary threat/ dosent want to risk damage to it so shes watching it while gabby take on random thugs. Or b witch is most likely she wants gabby to tire her self out for some nice and quite Laura time. I'm leaning more toward having gabby be quite. The fact that she didn't tie to gage gabby for some quite yet is impressive.(although we haven found out how gabby was locked inside a washing machine yet. I'm not saying Laura did it but i wouldn't fault her at fault if she did)
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 01-03-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Not gonna lie, that joyous look on Gabby’s face as she charges those guards is a kinda funny subversion of Logan when he does the same kind of thing. If that’s what they were going for, bravo for them.

Wow, the art and colors -- brown cow stunning. And I know a lot of commentators here don't like Honey Badger (I'm assuming due to overexposure), but I always found her enjoyable in Laura's solo.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Beast should just be the Resident Evil helicopter guy in every book now.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Great preview. Once again, Gabby steals the show and looks adorable while doing it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I really love the art.

This arc is shaping up to be more of a Gabby story, looks like, which is making me feel kind of meh. I want a really meaty Laura story, and soon.

Amazing Member

The X-Coptor? Is that like a refurbished version of Thanos's helicopter?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I really love the art.

This arc is shaping up to be more of a Gabby story, looks like, which is making me feel kind of meh. I want a really meaty Laura story, and soon.
    The sooner the better - will the book survive the year? Sorry to be pessimistic - while both Laura and Gabby are involved in Age of X-Man, X-23 will still run alongside. But what about when it's over? Wouldn't there be another linewide X-Men relaunch at that point? After all, the line at that point will just be Uncanny, X-Force, Mr and Mrs X and X-23. Clearly a few new books will be launched then. Also, Gabby is on the Champions reinforcements list - in other words, she's a reservist. That would imply she won't be included on whatever team Laura ends up on after Age of X-Man.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I like the artwork, it gives a Greg Capullo vibe

More Beast. I still find him being Laura’s new mentor to be pretty random

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I'll say he DOES make sense as a contact/mission control if Laura is dealing with scientists and illegal genetic research.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It feels like the art looks better even though it's the same crew from #7.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nah. It's more like he's her liason with all the scientists that are gonna show up. I would've used Cecilia since Brisson uses her as well but Beast is more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Beast should just be the Resident Evil helicopter guy in every book now.
    Hahahaha THIS