Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The stepford cuckoos appreciation 2019

I love them so much! I love them on comic books and in the tv show.

Not gonna lie, I miss their individualized looks. Not only did it make them a lot easier to tell apart but they expressed their individual personalities more.

I didn't like that, it made them feel generic and the individual designs weren't particularly dynamic. Looking the same is part of their appeal/iconography.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I didn't like that, it made them feel generic and the individual designs weren't particularly dynamic. Looking the same is part of their appeal/iconography.
    But it showed a level of personal growth, which is what all of the X-characters need. Being more than just what people saw of them before.

Different flavors of Stepford Chickens was cool until Cabal rolled up with those choir outfits and made Mindee the queen of our lives.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    But it showed a level of personal growth, which is what all of the X-characters need. Being more than just what people saw of them before.
    Exactly and one thing that annoys me when it comes to Marvel is that when we have a positive change that shows growth in characters that they have to just reset them to factory default. It completely defeats the purpose of character growth.

I wouldn't be a big opposer of their different looks weren't them so... terrible. Only Celeste looked good, honestly.

And with Cabal's design you can keep track of where each sister is. I miss his art, btw.

I'm sure we'll get them individual again at some point. I do wish their new design was interesting. They look so freaking dull, like the most boring little cult. At least the TV show keeps them sassy.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I'm sure we'll get them individual again at some point. I do wish their new design was interesting. They look so freaking dull, like the most boring little cult. At least the TV show keeps them sassy.
    Yeah, this whole regression era needed to be over yesterday.

Good 'Stepford Cuckoos' writers can subtly differentiate the three without changing their appearance so drastically. None of their character choices that went down in Bendis' run felt earned, just changes to make changes. Plus, the whole point of the Cuckoos is that they're a hivemind and look nearly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Good 'Stepford Cuckoos' writers can subtly differentiate the three without changing their appearance so drastically. None of their character choices that went down in Bendis' run felt earned, just changes to make changes. Plus, the whole point of the Cuckoos is that they're a hivemind and look nearly the same.

It was their point at conception, maybe. But it was more than their appearance that changed under Bendis. They become different from each other in different ways. With the recent X-23 changes, they just seem like your generic creepy girls from any schlock horror film.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It was their point at conception, maybe. But it was more than their appearance that changed under Bendis. They become different from each other in different ways. With the recent X-23 changes, they just seem like your generic creepy girls from any schlock horror film.
    A trio of redhead, blonde and brunette is more unique idea?

And we all know Bendis changed them because there were just way too many blondes running around in UXM

Also, I'd rather having them showing different personalities through their looks in a more soft way. Like Choi did a long time ago:
    Last edited by Alex.; 01-14-2019 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    And we all know Bendis changed them because there were just way too many blondes running around in UXM

Also, I'd rather having them showing different personalities through their looks in a more soft way. Like Choi did a long time ago:
    Yeah I did like that better.