Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    A trio of redhead, blonde and brunette is more unique idea?
    Given that they had their own unique personalities to go with their unique appearance, yea. And while they’re a hive mind, they’re also sisters and even among twins, they still come to value their own individuality and will even change up their looks to express it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Not gonna lie, I miss their individualized looks. Not only did it make them a lot easier to tell apart but they expressed their individual personalities more.
    I don't. One looked like Jean the other looked like Iso (Inhuman). If their powers work together it makes more sense to me that they look like one another as if they're pieces of a whole.

Let's be honest Marvel isn't big on the "personal growth" anymore.....the funny thing is they had more individuality in X23 where they looked the same!

We need the ultimate final super for realsies endgame X-TINCTION Stepford Chickens style poll
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I don't. One looked like Jean the other looked like Iso (Inhuman). If their powers work together it makes more sense to me that they look like one another as if they're pieces of a whole.

Let's be honest Marvel isn't big on the "personal growth" anymore.....the funny thing is they had more individuality in X23 where they looked the same!
    Massively disagree.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Massively disagree.
    Ditto. The only ones who had a personality during the X-23 run were Esme and Sophie, and all they had was their personality from the Morrison run turned up to 11.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't know much about these girls but they have always look interesting to me.
    What is the recommended reading for them?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Massively disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Ditto. The only ones who had a personality during the X-23 run were Esme and Sophie, and all they had was their personality from the Morrison run turned up to 11.
    Hmm...seems we had a different interpretation of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't know much about these girls but they have always look interesting to me.
    What is the recommended reading for them?
    Most of their best stuff reads like a "Oh Hell No" of Jean reading.

Morrison and Warsong/Endsong, plus Bendis.

I’d say that Mindee also expressed some personality but only in that she had a decenting opinon on what they were doing which is a ways off from where they had been after deciding to have individual looks. Hell they even Functioned individually from time to time, something they now seem to lack again.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I like them more as identical triplets but they are also cool with different hair. But being identical is something unique for them

Most of their best stuff reads like a "Oh Hell No" of Jean reading.

Morrison and Warsong/Endsong, plus Bendis.
    Thanks

piety, purity, domesticity, and submissiveness : the culture of domesticity's cardinal virtues of a 'true woman'

unaware of their true purpose "to be capable of destroying all mutants by combining their telepathic abilities' the Cuckoos possessed a 'telepathic block' that caused anyone who questioned their origins to lose their train of thought.

so they themselves question...lose the one-track train of their hive mind thought...they experience grief and loss and separation...and then...

a deeply personal and powerful satirical critical protest against the patriarchal conceptual bias of truth and control...the bane of piety, purity, domesticity and submissiveness as the hallmarks of femininity and womanhood...'harvested' from the ova cells of Emma Frost...there is a long running 'horror' of cults and crypts of wyrd women...'sisters', saints, witches and such...Carrie and Gone Girls...THE WHITE QUEEN!

What exactly was wrong about Bendis' Cuckoos?

I don't have all these snipped and pasted ideas pieced together into any cohesive theoretical hypothesis about anything...it's a fractured collage that seems to be as close as I can get to a snap shot of the 'girls'.

I don't watch television.

I'm very interested in perspectives on 'failure' and 'collapse' when it comes to the die cast figures of the sisters in blonde.

They're undramatically heroic to me. Sobering.
    Empowering, not in a personal ownership way, but more as a rallying breath for the cry in this born into boot-straps spirit, to fight and shout for something, even as that something or somebody walks freely away from my manly battlefield. I'm just another white guy from America, after all. Occupied by conceptions.
    Last edited by sungila; 01-14-2019 at 01:38 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Last edited by juan678; 01-26-2019 at 04:29 PM.