Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Lord of the Damned, Vlad Dracula Appreciation 2019

I want to spread my love for Marvel horror and the character that launched it in 1972. Vlad Tepes. Marvel was able to enrich not only his real historic accounts but also fictional history starting with Bram Stroker Novel. I very much interested in this new vampire arc coming up where he will be a key figure. I do hope Marvel return him to his classic Gene Colan black hair, mustache or goatee and tuxedo. though if I dont mind if he keeps the red armor for battle occassion from his 2010 looks. I created this thread for fans to share their love for Drac and share images. I would share some myself but Im a noob in posting images over here at the forum. I hope I attract some horror fans especially Blade fans too.

Extraordinary Member

I'm interested to see if we'll get him in the new Avengers. Also interested if they're going with the classic Dracula look or the updated one.

Also interested if he's the one trying to kidnap Morbius or if it's the Nazi vampire.

Astonishing Member

I canīt wait to find out how will Dracula look in the upcoming Avengers story arc.
    I was hoping that in the covers of the upcoming Avengers covers it featured Dracula but he is not in the covers,so thats a bummer to wait to read the stories to find out if Dracula have a new design or is back to the original or whether if he will keep that Design that have been apearing in the Marvel comics from a few years now.
    Last edited by comicscollector; 01-11-2019 at 04:51 AM.

BANNED

I'm a huge fan. I hope he's back to his old look in the upcoming Avengers stuff, never really cared for the Gischler update at all. Last time we saw the real Dracula was back in Captain Britain and MI13 as far as I'm concerned.

Coincidentally, been reading through the old black & white Dracula Lives! run recently and enjoying it a lot more than I ever did Tomb of Dracula. Then again it isn't really all that surprising since I always enjoyed Marvel's 70's "mature" stuff more than the mainstream books (Conan in Savage Sword of Conan, Ka-Zar in Savage Tales, Iron Fist in Deadly Hands of Kung Fu etc)...

I've got about 50 issues of the Tomb of Dracula series. Excellent series.

The J-man

Extraordinary Member

I actually sort of like his updated look. Of course his classic look is great too, but I always sort of liked how different his current look looked compared to so many Draculas.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I actually sort of like his updated look. Of course his classic look is great too, but I always sort of liked how different his current look looked compared to so many Draculas.
    well I don't mind if they keep some elements of the updated look. but yeah have him with black hair and a goatee, no earings for petes sake. but keep the red armor since its more practical to fight then a tuxedo but then again that battle uniform that he wore on the vampire invasion in Captain Britain is really good.

Astonishing Member

it be awesome if someone like Cullen Bunn does another villain series which is a Tomb of Dracula revival.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I've got about 50 issues of the Tomb of Dracula series. Excellent series.
    Me too. I don't have the complete set, but I do have every issue that was highly recommended by Frank Plowright.

And I agree, a truly excellent series. Nobody can beat the team of Wolfman/Colan & Palmer.

Astonishing Member

anyone has clear scans of that badass classic Dracula from the mini story from the Morbius one shot that David Finch drew. oohhh how I love that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    anyone has clear scans of that badass classic Dracula from the mini story from the Morbius one shot that David Finch drew. oohhh how I love that.
    This one. Loved that story written by current Marvel editor-in-chief featuring the Lord of the Undead. Was hoping to see more develop from this LEGION OF MONSTERS tale. Drac never looked more dapper, or fierce throughout the course of that tale under the pencils of David Finch. When it was mentioned in the run up to the course of the X-MEN:CURSE OF THE MUTANTS storyline why Vlad Tepes required a new look as opposed to his well dressed look. I wish someone showed the either the editor, writer, artists that pic of Dracula by Finch ,and honestly ask them if he looked like a wuss ? Hopefully, the upcoming Vampire War storyline Jason Aaron is cultivating in AVENGERS we'll see that classic look again. Have the one who've we seen running around since 2010 either turn out to be some stand in for the Lord of the Undead, or another usurper to his throne. Although I still prefer the Legacy of Kain look to that douchey looking Chris Angel look that he had in the 2004 TOMB OF DRACULA mini. I'm probably one of the few that liked the Curse of the Mutants storyline, and some of its tie ins. Also as someone who has all four volumes of the ESSENTIAL TOMB OF DRACULA featuring Gene Colon's awesome art in black and white. Although I have a few reprints of the series in color, I almost prefer Colon's art in black and white.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I've always been partial to Drac and what I humorously called his "Night at the Opera" look as presented by the late, great Gene Colan:

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

I believe the last time we saw Dracula was in Gerry Duggan's run on Deadpool where supposely after Deadpool defeat he became a gamer in his underwear and got visited by Spidey, Deadpool and another living member of the Helsing family that worked in Parker Industries(I guess Rachel was not the last one Drac killed in Uncanny Annual 6) not sure what to make of this, what you guys think. he did regain his senses and him was Shiklah rebound after her marriage to Deadpool ended.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

The Wolfman and Colan Dracula is the best. That new video game Dracula is just wrong. The guy is practically indestructible, there's absolutely no need for armor. That's part of his aura of intimidation -- "I don't need weapons or armor to deal with all this riff raff."

If they wanted to "update" Drac, they should put him in an expensive suit and lose the cape. He's a Prince. He's going to wear the finest, fashionable, tailored traditional wear available.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?