Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Default Lord of the Damned, Vlad Dracula Appreciation 2019

I want to spread my love for Marvel horror and the character that launched it in 1972. Vlad Tepes. Marvel was able to enrich not only his real historic accounts but also fictional history starting with Bram Stroker Novel. I very much interested in this new vampire arc coming up where he will be a key figure. I do hope Marvel return him to his classic Gene Colan black hair, mustache or goatee and tuxedo. though if I dont mind if he keeps the red armor for battle occassion from his 2010 looks. I created this thread for fans to share their love for Drac and share images. I would share some myself but Im a noob in posting images over here at the forum. I hope I attract some horror fans especially Blade fans too.

Extraordinary Member

I'm interested to see if we'll get him in the new Avengers. Also interested if they're going with the classic Dracula look or the updated one.

Also interested if he's the one trying to kidnap Morbius or if it's the Nazi vampire.

Astonishing Member

I can´t wait to find out how will Dracula look in the upcoming Avengers story arc.
    I was hoping that in the covers of the upcoming Avengers covers it featured Dracula but he is not in the covers,so thats a bummer to wait to read the stories to find out if Dracula have a new design or is back to the original or whether if he will keep that Design that have been apearing in the Marvel comics from a few years now.
    Last edited by comicscollector; 01-11-2019 at 04:51 AM.

BANNED

I'm a huge fan. I hope he's back to his old look in the upcoming Avengers stuff, never really cared for the Gischler update at all. Last time we saw the real Dracula was back in Captain Britain and MI13 as far as I'm concerned.

Coincidentally, been reading through the old black & white Dracula Lives! run recently and enjoying it a lot more than I ever did Tomb of Dracula. Then again it isn't really all that surprising since I always enjoyed Marvel's 70's "mature" stuff more than the mainstream books (Conan in Savage Sword of Conan, Ka-Zar in Savage Tales, Iron Fist in Deadly Hands of Kung Fu etc)...

I've got about 50 issues of the Tomb of Dracula series. Excellent series.

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I've got about 50 issues of the Tomb of Dracula series. Excellent series.
    Me too. I don't have the complete set, but I do have every issue that was highly recommended by Frank Plowright.

And I agree, a truly excellent series. Nobody can beat the team of Wolfman/Colan & Palmer.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I want to spread my love for Marvel horror and the character that launched it in 1972. Vlad Tepes. Marvel was able to enrich not only his real historic accounts but also fictional history starting with Bram Stroker Novel. I very much interested in this new vampire arc coming up where he will be a key figure. I do hope Marvel return him to his classic Gene Colan black hair, mustache or goatee and tuxedo. though if I dont mind if he keeps the red armor for battle occassion from his 2010 looks. I created this thread for fans to share their love for Drac and share images. I would share some myself but Im a noob in posting images over here at the forum. I hope I attract some horror fans especially Blade fans too.
    Hey all. Love the 70’s TOMB OF DRACULA, and a while back I got Marv Wolfman to sign the cover of the final issue

I’m curious though - how is Drac back? Lady I knew Doctor Stange had used the Darkhold book to totally disintegrate him.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor