Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Y'know that works both ways, right? Dracula has summoned a hurricane so powerful that it completely annihilated an entire city down to the foundations. If he doesn't just keep at a safe distance as an intangible patch of mist hidden among the clouds as he essentially nukes his enemies with weather-control, is that also bad writing?
    That isn't bad writing, but it is bad writing if you ignore those weaknesses.

Astonishing Member

Jason Aaron on twitter answered a ask that he has more plans for Dracula and his vampire nation as they are settling on Chernobyl. I tweeted a ask about how much I loved his vampire arc and asked since he reads alot for research if he read the Wolfman/Colan TOD series. I did mentioned I wish Dracula atleast got his facial hair back even if its white. imagine that, he would look more like Symphony of the Night Dracula lol.

Astonishing Member

Sweet Aaron ansnwered my tweet, he said he loved the TOD wolfman/colan series and half the questions he get are about Dracula's facial hair lol and link to Ryan Pengasos on the facial hair debate he had. lol

he now posted this tweet

About to land in KC. Thanks for all the great questions. And thanks as always for the support. Gonna go get to work on giving Dracula a beard.

Yeah, I prefer Dracula with a goatee.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Sweet Aaron ansnwered my tweet, he said he loved the TOD wolfman/colan series and half the questions he get are about Dracula's facial hair lol and link to Ryan Pengasos on the facial hair debate he had. lol

he now posted this tweet

About to land in KC. Thanks for all the great questions. And thanks as always for the support. Gonna go get to work on giving Dracula a beard.
    People really care about that facial hair. Did he say anything else?

Astonishing Member

@jasonaaron I'm not a fan of Marvel's Dracula modern aesthetic, as I very prefer classic one, or some adaptation like MI13 did some years ago... I liked him the in Avengers, though. Did you affected that, and can we expect some revamping -pun totally intended-, maybe moustachy?

aaron answered Can vampires have mustaches? Wouldn’t it just always be bloody?

Are we eventually going to see more of Dracula’s new cabal?

aaron answered More Jason Aaron Retweeted Joe Taraborrelli
    Yeah, much more. But right now they’re busy getting settled into Chernobyl.

here's mine

@jasonaaron Loved your vampire arc in Avengers, just curious did you read the Marv Wolfman Gene Colan Tomb of Dracula series? a huged part of me wanted Dracula to get his facial hair again even if its white.

Aaron answered Loooove that series. Jesus, half of these questions are now about Dracula’s facial hair. But just ask @AgentM where I stand on the mustache vs beard debate.

and Agent M answered Ryan Penagos

Verified account

@AgentM
    6h6 hours ago
    More Ryan Penagos Retweeted Jason Aaron
    Surprise, but @jasonaaron says moustaches are much better than beards. We have him on record decrying beards as "hirsute hogwash" but I'm not allowed to post that video!

then when he stop answering questions, he tweeted this.

Jason Aaron

Verified account

@jasonaaron
    6h6 hours ago
    More

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    @jasonaaron I'm not a fan of Marvel's Dracula modern aesthetic, as I very prefer classic one, or some adaptation like MI13 did some years ago... I liked him the in Avengers, though. Did you affected that, and can we expect some revamping -pun totally intended-, maybe moustachy?

aaron answered Can vampires have mustaches? Wouldn’t it just always be bloody?

Are we eventually going to see more of Dracula’s new cabal?

aaron answered More Jason Aaron Retweeted Joe Taraborrelli
    Yeah, much more. But right now they’re busy getting settled into Chernobyl.

here's mine

@jasonaaron Loved your vampire arc in Avengers, just curious did you read the Marv Wolfman Gene Colan Tomb of Dracula series? a huged part of me wanted Dracula to get his facial hair again even if its white.

Aaron answered Loooove that series. Jesus, half of these questions are now about Dracula’s facial hair. But just ask @AgentM where I stand on the mustache vs beard debate.

and Agent M answered Ryan Penagos

Verified account

@AgentM
    6h6 hours ago
    More Ryan Penagos Retweeted Jason Aaron
    Surprise, but @jasonaaron says moustaches are much better than beards. We have him on record decrying beards as "hirsute hogwash" but I'm not allowed to post that video!

then when he stop answering questions, he tweeted this.

Jason Aaron

Verified account

@jasonaaron
    6h6 hours ago
    More
    My God, that beard traitor!

BANNED

Tomb of Dracula #19 Apr 1974
    "Snowbound in Hell!"
    Story continued from Werewolf by Night #15...

Rachel van Helsing finds herself travelling through the winter ravaged Transylvanian Alps with an unlikely travelling companion:
    Her mortal enemy, Dracula, king of the vampires.
    In this barren and near lifeless domain, the two have become temporary companions relying on each other both to survive:
    Rachel so that she can return to relative safety off the mountains,
    and Dracula so he is not stuck in a winter wasteland without sufficient blood to stay alive.

After Rachel almost falls off the side of a cliff and is saved by Dracula, the two find shelter in a cave.
    Where Dracula starts a fire and the two talk about their mutual hatred of one another.
    As Rachel rests, Dracula goes out into the snow once more when he spots a mountain goat.
    He then feeds upon it, while he finds it's blood revitalizing, he finds the act of drinking non-human blood repulsive.
    Dracula then reflects back on how they ended up in this predicament:
    It was following his battle with the Werewolf when Rachel van Helsing stole the Second Book of Sins and made an escape in a helicopter.
    Following after, Dracula managed to board the copter. His weight throwing the helicopter off course until he managed to throw
    the helicopter pilot to his death, the two would find themselves miles off course in the Alps. The helicopter would crash.
    Dracula would find that Rachel had survived, and now finding his need to have the book has passed, and that his continued
    survival reliant upon Rachel's own survival he would administer first aid and the two would begin their search for rescue.

Finishing his recollection, Dracula brings the dead goat to Rachel so that she can cook it's meat for her own meal.
    Rachel and Dracula establish that while both need rest at different times, they are in a Mexican Stand-Off situation
    and that neither can kill the other without dooming themselves. Meanwhile, in Dr. Sun's Pagoda in Ireland, Mr. Lo continues to hone
    the skills of vampire Lucas Brand, to test the full limit of his abilities for his master Dr. Sun. While back in the mountains,
    Dracula and Rachel continue to struggle through the Alps. Having to climb a mountain by rope, Rachel has another near-death experience
    when she almost falls down the side of the mountain, once more relying on Dracula to save her. This once more leads to an argument
    over who will destroy whom. Still in a stalemate position, the two once more seek refuge from the snow in another cave to rest.

While in Paris, Quincy Harker is standing over the vampire bitten Blade and is ready to drive a stake through his heart.
    Before Quincy can strike, Blade suddenly revives and to Quincy's surprise -- Blade has not changed into a vampire.

Blade realizes that through some twist of fate he is immune to vampire bites due to the fact his mother was bit by a vampire
    while Blade was being born. Blade vows to use his immunity to his advantage and not let it stop him from destroying all vampires.

Back in the Alps, while Dracula rests, Rachel attempts to slay him with a stake through the heart.
    However Dracula was waiting for such a move and knocks the girl away.
    Dracula then pulls her outside and demand that she keep going because he no longer cares about her discomfort in the cold.
    They are suddenly attacked by a mountain goat. With no choice Rachel realizes that she has to save Dracula or die alone in the cold

and so she pulls out a gun and shoots the ram to death.

Just then, Frank Drake who had commissioned another helicopter and has been searching for Rachel all this time spots the two down below,
    and goes in for a rescue. Spotting Frank's helicopter, Rachel flees Dracula. Realizing that she intends to leave him behind,
    Dracula pounces on her and attempts to feed upon her body. However he is chased away when Frank begins firing upon him with wooden bullets.
    Frank then rescues Rachel and flies away, heading back to Transylvania, leaving Dracula in the Alps all alone.

Written by Marv Wolfman. Art by Gene Colan and Tom Palmer.

BANNED

Tomb of Dracula #20 May 1974
    "The Coming of Doctor Sun!"
    Featuring a helicopter chase down the Transylvanian Alps

with Dracula as the un-living target!

Plus, the unveiling of the new even more diabolical Doctor Sun!

considering Blade's retconning as a long-lived dhampir, I wonder how this era is rationalized where he is apparently a little surprised at first that a vampire's bite does nothing to him?

Incredible Member

dracula control of the weather is on par with thor.

Astonishing Member

Hey, Dracula fans, you should check out Black Cat 1 that came out this week. there's a mini story where Black fox(minor spidey thief) and Felicia father Walter pull a fast one on Drac, Dracula is in his original Colan tuxedo look since it takes place in the past way before the TOD series.

BANNED

Tomb of Dracula #21 Jun 1974
    "Deathknell"
    Frank Drake, Rachel van Helsing and Dracula have been captured by Dr. Sun and Lucas Brand.
    Sun has been attempting to capture Dracula for some time to try and take his mantel of lord of the vampires.

Sun has Brand explain his origins to the others:
    That in 1966 he was a prisoner of the Chinese government during the Cultural Revolution and forced into an
    experiment where his brain was removed from his body and placed into an anti-matter container and wired
    into a computer in the hopes that his powerful mind would be used as a weapon for the Chinese government.
    However, they got more than they bargained for as Dr. Sun would exert his massive mental powers to kill the men who did this to him.
    He would soon learn that his brain required fresh blood to survive, much like a vampire, and devoted himself
    to learning about vampires since he learned of their existence and created his own army to carry out his wishes.

With the story done, Sun orders Lucas Brand to bring him the blood of Rachel van Helsing.
    However as Brand seeks to carry out this task, Sun unleashes Dracula as a final test of Brand's abilities.
    Dracula and Brand lock in a fight to the finish, during the fight Brand picks up a wooden stake and rams it into Dracula's heart.

While back in London, England, at the home of Quincy Harker, Quincy tries to convince Blade to stay and continue their quest to destroy Dracula.
    Blade declines the offer, feeling that he should get back on the case of the vampire responsible for killing his mother, and departs.

Back at the headquarters of Dr. Sun, Dracula has had the stake removed from his chest and he has been wired up into a machine.
    Dr. Sun explains further of his need to constantly have fresh blood pumped into his body and seeks to have
    dominion over all vampires so that he can have an army of minions that could collect bodies for his own blood needs.
    As part of his plot, he had one of his men seek out the body of Lucas Brand to learn all he could about
    vampires in the hopes of learning a way to best Dracula and seize control of all the worlds vampires.

Having Brand hook himself into the devices as well, Dr. Sun intends to transfer all of Dracula's memories into not only Dr. Sun's data banks,
    but also into the mind of Lucas Brand in the hopes that Brand would become his medium to control the vampires of the world.

With the majority of the information transferred over to Brand, Lucas decides to break free early and destroy Dracula.
    Dracula is freed and the two fight, with Brand having the upper hand due to Dracula's weakened state.
    Dracula breaks free and feeds upon one of Dr. Sun's scientists regaining some strength and continues his fight with Brand.

Deciding that utilizing Brand is a failure, Dr. Sun decides to terminate his project and frees Frank and Rachel and gives them their weapons.
    As the battle between Dracula and Lucas continues, Brand knocks Dracula into some equipment causing an explosion which starts a massive fire.
    When Rachel and Frank attempt to kill both vampires, Brand grabs and destroys their weapons.

Brand then turns on Dr. Sun and attempts to kill him but is struck down by a mental bolt.
    As the fire rages on, Dr. Sun teleports away while Frank and Rachel escape in their helicopter, believing that Dracula is dead.
    Dracula, however is far from dead and makes his own escape by changing into bat form and flying away seconds before the mountain explodes.

Astonishing Member

Marvel might try to cash in on the chernobyl miniseries by doing stories involving the new Dracula Vampire nation. i know Aaron will but wondering if other writers like to put that in the spotlight

BANNED

The Chernobyl disaster was one horrifying nuclear accident 33 years ago How can marvel comics produce a story involving that