Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 134
  1. #46
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I want some variation on the 2010 look. I just don't feel like we need more of the classic look. It had its day, now why not have something else?
    I wouldnt mind a new look if the 2010 wasn't such a vast difference, I mean changing his hair from black to white, unshaven, earings. a ponytail compare to his classic look which we got a year before in captain britain. like i said, as long as they keep elements of what make dracula, dracula, I don't mind. how about a compromise of having him keep his red armor, lose the earings, keep the hair long but have it black again, and facial hair. that would be nice. very similar on how he look in the flashback of his mini with Apocalypse when he was the impaler.

    I leave the link to here since I dont know how to work with images here.

    http://horrorpedia.com/wp-content/up...1spr.jpg?w=700

  2. #47
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    293

    Default

    https://cdn.comicsverse.com/wp-conte...N_Page_1-1.jpg

    the only glimpse from the preview. you see the body shape of the coffin where the body is missing, looks like they using the 2010 look or a variation of it.

  3. #48
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://cdn.comicsverse.com/wp-conte...N_Page_1-1.jpg

    the only glimpse from the preview. you see the body shape of the coffin where the body is missing, looks like they using the 2010 look or a variation of it.
    Very good catch. But that doesn't mean that's the look he'll be sporting. It could be a sign that thay look is being retired.

  4. #49
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Very good catch. But that doesn't mean that's the look he'll be sporting. It could be a sign that thay look is being retired.
    could be, lets wait and see, I mean David Marquez just redesigned Namor for this Avengers run, why not Dracula.

  5. #50
    Astonishing Member phantom1592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,781

    Default

    I personally hate Dracula in armor. You know who wears armor? People who are afraid of getting hurt. It's something he needed as a mortal... but now as the all powerful lord of the undead... he's just got too much ego to throw on the extra padding. It didn't suit the character.


    My search-fu sucks tonight... does anyone have scans of Dracula in this issue?
    6.jpg

    I'm going off VERY old memories, but I seem to remember Dracula had a pretty slick redesign in this one. His hair was longer, I think he had more of a Goatee than the straight mustache... He wasn't so much in a Tuxedo and cape … but I'm blurring on what it actually looked like. I know he was still in his 'monster of the night' mode where he would seduce young ladies and feed on a whole room of party-goers and not so much 'Fighting super heroes'... It was more stylish clothes than 'costume'. Still believing himself to be nobility and 'better than the rabble' but more updated than the 1800's.

    For that matter... it may have been the same issue that I saw a Doc Strange update with the cloak of levitation looking more like a trenchcoat. That's a look I wouldn't have minded catching on either...


    Most of these new redesigns I hate... I always prefer the classic iconic looks, but sometimes a good update sneaks in.

  6. #51
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    could be, lets wait and see, I mean David Marquez just redesigned Namor for this Avengers run, why not Dracula.
    That was a fine AF Namor. Give me a fine Dracula and I can dig it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I wouldnt mind a new look if the 2010 wasn't such a vast difference, I mean changing his hair from black to white, unshaven, earings. a ponytail compare to his classic look which we got a year before in captain britain. like i said, as long as they keep elements of what make dracula, dracula, I don't mind. how about a compromise of having him keep his red armor, lose the earings, keep the hair long but have it black again, and facial hair. that would be nice. very similar on how he look in the flashback of his mini with Apocalypse when he was the impaler.

    I leave the link to here since I dont know how to work with images here.

    http://horrorpedia.com/wp-content/up...1spr.jpg?w=700
    I'm not sure how I feel about the mustache. I know it's accurate to the period, but I can't do it.

    I guess I like the 2010 look because it is so different. He doesn't look exactly like just another Dracula knock-off. He has a different feel to him.

    Plus, I think the long hair allows him to be drawn a bit more pathetically when the need be.

  7. #52
    Astonishing Member phantom1592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I wouldnt mind a new look if the 2010 wasn't such a vast difference, I mean changing his hair from black to white, unshaven, earings. a ponytail compare to his classic look which we got a year before in captain britain. like i said, as long as they keep elements of what make dracula, dracula, I don't mind. how about a compromise of having him keep his red armor, lose the earings, keep the hair long but have it black again, and facial hair. that would be nice. very similar on how he look in the flashback of his mini with Apocalypse when he was the impaler.
    I think you make a good point here. If it was a case of Dracula with long black hair... then okay. if it was Dracula's hair going white because of some reason... maybe his umpteenth resurrection was wearing on him... or something with the clone body that one time... sure, that's progression... if it was Dracula wearing armor for a big fight ready for a true war... that could be cool...

    but EVERYTHING all at once was too much for me. He didn't look like Dracula at all. Zero similarities at all... it feels like a whole new character just taking the name 'Dracula' on a whim. I'll admit I thought it kind of cool to see him in the avengers cartoon, since kid cartoons ALWAYS screw up vampires.. and they were PRETTY faithful all things considered... but I still don't look at that design and see 'Dracula'.

    For that matter... did they ever explain the change? I can't seem to track down exactly WHEN it happened let alone 'why' it happened.

  8. #53
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,903

    Default

    Dracula should have black hair and he should have facial hair. He just doesn't feel like Dracula without those things.



    There, that's Dracula.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 02-02-2019 at 02:58 AM.

  9. #54
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I think you make a good point here. If it was a case of Dracula with long black hair... then okay. if it was Dracula's hair going white because of some reason... maybe his umpteenth resurrection was wearing on him... or something with the clone body that one time... sure, that's progression... if it was Dracula wearing armor for a big fight ready for a true war... that could be cool...

    but EVERYTHING all at once was too much for me. He didn't look like Dracula at all. Zero similarities at all... it feels like a whole new character just taking the name 'Dracula' on a whim. I'll admit I thought it kind of cool to see him in the avengers cartoon, since kid cartoons ALWAYS screw up vampires.. and they were PRETTY faithful all things considered... but I still don't look at that design and see 'Dracula'.

    For that matter... did they ever explain the change? I can't seem to track down exactly WHEN it happened let alone 'why' it happened.
    I think someone on this forum found something that said his original body was destroyed in MI-13. However, as far as I know, that was never stated in the comics. It would have been really helpful had something just added a note or something.

    I don't mind the 2010 look because I got onto comics in 2009. Dracula's new look is the one I have had for most of my comic book life. I know things change, and I will accept the that when it comes, but I'll still be sad to see it go.

  10. #55
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I think someone on this forum found something that said his original body was destroyed in MI-13. However, as far as I know, that was never stated in the comics. It would have been really helpful had something just added a note or something.

    I don't mind the 2010 look because I got onto comics in 2009. Dracula's new look is the one I have had for most of my comic book life. I know things change, and I will accept the that when it comes, but I'll still be sad to see it go.
    I was the one that came up with the headcanon to Tom Breevort in a panel one time and he liked it, where Dracula original body was destroyed by the magical elements of being killed by the Excalibur sword in the Britain Vampire invasion by Faiza Hussain

  11. #56
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I wouldnt mind a new look if the 2010 wasn't such a vast difference, I mean changing his hair from black to white, unshaven, earings. a ponytail compare to his classic look which we got a year before in captain britain. like i said, as long as they keep elements of what make dracula, dracula, I don't mind. how about a compromise of having him keep his red armor, lose the earings, keep the hair long but have it black again, and facial hair. that would be nice. very similar on how he look in the flashback of his mini with Apocalypse when he was the impaler.

    I leave the link to here since I dont know how to work with images here.

    http://horrorpedia.com/wp-content/up...1spr.jpg?w=700
    I actually liked the armor. Given how often people keep trying to stab his guy in the chest, there's no reason he should be going into battle in a black tuxedo.

    But the rest just didn't make sense. It was too big a depature from how he looked before. They could have at least tried and explain it.

  12. #57
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I was the one that came up with the headcanon to Tom Breevort in a panel one time and he liked it, where Dracula original body was destroyed by the magical elements of being killed by the Excalibur sword in the Britain Vampire invasion by Faiza Hussain
    But you see, that would have been a good idea.

    I think the main reason so many people were upset with this look was that it came out of nowhere. It was just there and it was a shock.

    I have a weird concern, and that is that I'm afraid Dracula is going to somehow come out of this looking like Morbius. It's probably unfounded, but it's a concern.

  13. #58
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    293

    Default

    spoilers:
    Well read the issue. Dracula shows up in the end asking for asylum in Russia. He's back in the tuxedo and Marquez did a great job athough his hair is still white and long, the earrings are gone. but he look very old saying he's wants to live his life in peace during his twilight years. so maybe thats not the final look but yeah for now thats it. He actually looks more like Castlevania Dracula from Symphony of the Night except clean-shaven
    end of spoilers[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 02-06-2019 at 08:31 AM.

  14. #59
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    spoilers:
    Well read the issue. Dracula shows up in the end asking for asylum in Russia. He's back in the tuxedo and Marquez did a great job athough his hair is still white and long, the earrings are gone. but he look very old saying he's wants to live his life in peace during his twilight years. so maybe thats not the final look but yeah for now thats it. He actually looks more like Castlevania Dracula from Symphony of the Night except clean-shaven
    end of spoilers
    [/QUOTE]

    I like the fact that this is a transitional look between his classic look and his newer look. It's what we needed before they had such a radical change in his design to begin with. If they go in a different direction from here (and I assume they will as he kinda looks frail looking), it'll at least make more sense.

  15. #60
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,304

    Default

    I was pleased with the new look. He still sort of looks like the new design, just wearing his old outfit. It works!

    And if Dracula does die, then it'll be a nice clean slate for whoever wants to do something different.

    I can't help but wonder if Dracula is actually hoping to just die in peace or if he's hoping to invade Russia and go from there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •