Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So I haven't been keeping up with Spider-Gwen (Or comics for that matter lol), did she move to 616 like some theorized months ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She'll be attending college in 616, so more or less yeah.
    It's more like interdimensional commuting than a permanent move.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

So Mary Jane very smartly (if selfishly) points out that Gwen going to college in another freaking universe is a stupid plan and Gwen doesn't listen. Gwen goes on and on about how she needs a degree to get a job and avoid sponging forever - a noble and sensible thought - but again misses the rather obvious fact that a degree from another dimension is very unlikely to be honored in Earth-65 unless she plans to move and get a job in 616, which she shows no indication of doing.

Also, Gwen is way too calm falling multiple stories down every time she enters 616 with no powers. Seriously, she falls from building height and rather than worrying she could get pasted she rather casually grabs a protruding sign and balances with no effort. This coming from the woman who falls to her knees after climbing up a set of stairs without her powers and was so incapable of throwing a punch the sound effects warp to mock her.

Yeah, she'll need to get a job in 616 as well, her credits will be worthless in Earth-65. And of course, is Earth-616 money identical to Earth-65's? She hasn't thought this plan through.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, she'll need to get a job in 616 as well, her credits will be worthless in Earth-65. And of course, is Earth-616 money identical to Earth-65's? She hasn't thought this plan through.
    **** i didn't evwn think about how she was gonna pay for it. Last I checked ESU was not a community college.

How does Squirrel Girl pay for college? And don't say Sunspot - she enrolled before she joined the New Avengers and that income is now gone.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

She was a member of the Initiative, they got paid for being supers.

Fantastic Member

She was also a nanny for the Cages, which included some dangerous stuff. I assume she got paid well.

As I recall, Luke had to borrow a dollar from Iron Fist to buy Avengers Mansion (which was repaid when he passed the mansion on to the new Unity Squad after AVX). So unless Alias Investigations was doing really well, I doubt Doreen earned much from that nannying work. She was a kid at the time, remember, no older than 17 (she's 19 or 20 now, as she's in her second year of college), so they wouldn't need to obey any minimum wage laws.

Savings from when she was with the Great Lakes Initiative team would be the more likely explanation - I hadn't thought of that.

The point I was making there was that Doreen goes to the same college - she's doing computer science at ESU.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Handy wavy scholarship stuff.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Im on the fence and Considering picking this title up with ghost spider tomorrow. How is the title ? Worth a read? It seems to have a bit of that Bendia/Bagley USM feel it. Is that accurate? Good jumping on point ?

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Im on the fence and Considering picking this title up with ghost spider tomorrow. How is the title ? Worth a read? It seems to have a bit of that Bendia/Bagley USM feel it. Is that accurate? Good jumping on point ?
    I have speed read a few issues and it seems interesting, seems that Gwen has her own identity as a Spider-Person, her being one of the few ones with public identity helps with that, when I was told about Gwen commuting to 616 to do college ****, I thought it'd be a lame cop out to have her both with a public identity and not have one, but it seems that getting a degree in 616 may not be too helpful.

Oh well, that's basicaly all I can say, I have only read bits of the previous run but it seemed kinda whatever, looks better now, but perhaps I'm wrong, I should read everything properly so I can really judge lol.

Well we know how she's paying for school. Iron Man's paying for it!

BANNED

I have a truly bad feeling that this new series idea of Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider going to college in Earth 616 is not going to end well considering the history of her character on this Earth.

read it peter seem so competent as an adult in this issue want more of that
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well we know how she's paying for school. Iron Man's paying for it!
    Kind of random, but okay .