Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

The art's definitely a different style, that's true. Reminds me of Kamala's book, which isn't surprising considering the artist used to draw Ms. Marvel.

It not surprising that Jackal is being used. 616 Miles Warren has an obsession with Gwen doesn't he? I'd imagine Earth-65's will be the same.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The art's definitely a different style, that's true. Reminds me of Kamala's book, which isn't surprising considering the artist used to draw Ms. Marvel.

It not surprising that Jackal is being used. 616 Miles Warren has an obsession with Gwen doesn't he? I'd imagine Earth-65's will be the same.
    Given Warren's obsession with Gwen, it is such a missed opportunity that Gwen never ran into 616 Jackal. Something like that could make for an interesting story.

Well, she did, but it was Ben Reilly behind the mask.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, she did, but it was Ben Reilly behind the mask.
    Doesn't really count since it's not the same kind of dynamic, especially since it's a completely different person as Jackal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Being honest, I really wouldn’t be too broken up about Ghost Spider not sticking or the prospect of them seeming to have dropped it entirely in favor of Spider-Woman. One thing I don’t get is why they didn’t just call the Book Spider-Woman considering Jessica Drew no longer has a solo so there’s nothing that would cause confusion.
    I'm still wondering if something involving Jessica is why they won't use the Spider-Woman name anymore (at least for branding).

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Hipsters .

Astonishing Member

People, have you noticed that Gwen has been dropping spiders at some places? Does this means she's losing her powers or what? For a second, I thought those could be spiders from "Spiders Man", the one who allied himself with Spider-Norman Osborn in the Spider-Geddon. Why is Gwen's symbiote doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    People, have you noticed that Gwen has been dropping spiders at some places? Does this means she's losing her powers or what? For a second, I thought those could be spiders from "Spiders Man", the one who allied himself with Spider-Norman Osborn in the Spider-Geddon. Why is Gwen's symbiote doing this?
    We don't know but we'll have to read to find out. Writers can't always immediately tell us what is happening as this is all setup for big things coming.

However we can speculate. Like possibly like we saw in a issue before when Gwen unleashed tons of spiders to find a purse and she saw it by them connected to her these spiders seem to drop off near those she cares about. Possible following them and if so that might help Gwen unexpectedly if her loved one's are attack that she informed immediately.

Gwen could be generating more gooey spiders then before and by nature seeking out hosts when disconnected growing small to large on a host (though that radiation factor is unknown still a danger or not for people not Gwen).

Maybe the sysbite brought back her powers but overload and now trying to keep her powers going to the next level (six arm Gwen) knowing that Gwen wants some normalcy but Gwen's body and the symbiote is having a conflict due to that giving Gwen headaches and such due to her body being suppressed when once enhanced by the symbiote.

It's a giant unknown but once more these two issues are setting up big things for Gwen and her cast some inspired by past Spider comics and some possible new Mutiverses stuff and tales for Gwen. We'll have to see how the pacing for this writer goes after a few issues past (Lacour was good but his story pacing was slow which bothered some people and made it good for tradebooks but less so for patience for individual issues runs).

Maybe Gwen is going to become "Gooey Spiders-Woman" but transforming slowly (and meeting a Spider from Spiders-Man jump starting that arc)?

Spider-Man panel at ECCC featuring Latour and McGuire. Lots of banter about Gwen... and a little info about Spider-Guin too.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...an-panel-eccc/

Fantastic Member

So...this is a thing:

Fantastic Member

Spider-Verse Gwen concept art:

There's something about the way she's beating up that mugger that feels a lot like bullying, but I can't place it.

Her demonic legs are creeping me out now.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    So...this is a thing:

U L T I M A T E MEAT
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Can't help thinking they missed a trick there. Miles should've been there and Gwen should've been allocated a different topping (I assume Peter, Peni, Porker and Noir are on those pizza boxes too).

Fantastic Member

Apparently Peter and Noir already habe their own pizza boxes.