Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Yeah, I can see her taking up dancing as an extracurricular activity at college.

Anyway, it's preview time.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ost-spider-10/
    spoilers:
    Gwen comes to 616, but immediately loses her powers. Does the Earth-65 Venom symbiote only work in it's native universe?
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Gwen taking up dance as an elective or extracurricular could be interesting. As for the preview . . . I wonder what would happen if Elsa Brock met Eddie Brock . . . and hoping Gwen doesn't end up in the line of fire for Absolute Carnage, though since her symbiote has a different origin than the 616 version . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Eddie Gwen team up?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I can see her taking up dancing as an extracurricular activity at college.

spoilers:
    Gwen comes to 616, but immediately loses her powers. Does the Earth-65 Venom symbiote only work in it's native universe?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Didn’t the Venom/symbiote suit technically have it’s powers when she went to Earth 616 in Spider-geddon and the Goblin Gwen-verse? Then again, I suppose the suit wasn’t acting up in either of those cases.

Although.... well, assuming the suit isn’t actually pregnant like I’ve theorized, maybe the reason it was acting up before now was due to said multiverse trips somehow damaging or screwing with the suit, and Gwen going to Earth 616 just accelerated whatever the problem or at least was the last straw in whatever issue is going on with the suit?

Or perhaps the device that lets Gwen travel the multiverse is what’s causing the issues with her suit?

I mean, like I said, I can theorize all I want, but I we seem to know for sure is that, unless I’m misremembering, the suit wasn’t yet causing her issues during Spider-Geddon.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Nerdman3000; 06-28-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Thinking about this situation and the biology of the symbiote being that we know of to me it seems like the gooey spiders that is the Earth-65 symbiote for Gwen might be paralyzed. Her suit and powers right now is a Earth-65 symobite however with a different backstory involving alien spiders, Gwen's and Lizard's blood, and mad science. The default form should be gooey spiders but instead of dying and thus breaking down off her body melting maybe or knocked into gooey spiders mode it might e they are 'frozen alive' or paralyzed to the form of a suit when Gwen made the jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Gwen taking up dance as an elective or extracurricular could be interesting. As for the preview . . . I wonder what would happen if Elsa Brock met Eddie Brock . . . and hoping Gwen doesn't end up in the line of fire for Absolute Carnage, though since her symbiote has a different origin than the 616 version . . .
    This might help be a 'turning point' for the heroes if Carnage not knowing better tries to absorb Gwen's symbiote from her. Like how you can't mix blood types for humans Gwen's symbiote functions and appears at first like 616 symbiotes however it's still vastly different in bio and other matters. Plus it would be cool to see that Gwen teaching it to be a hero was successful that it 'taints' the symbiotes Carnage collected to rise up against him and his evil just like how the symbiotes rose up against their creator and symbiote devil in the past for the universe.

Also instead of empowering Carnage the 'mixing of different blood' causes Carnage instead to get sick due to bio contamination and makes Carnage puck off Gwen's Symbiote back on her instantly and empowers Gwen with a bit of Carange's abilities absorbed into her allowing different powers to separate her from Miles and Peter (Miles has Venom Blast and invisibility, Peter has the Spider-man basic powers most other spider heroes have as the basic, and Gwen can have something else as well to make her stand out).

She already does. Ever since she's had the symbiote, she's had organic webbing. Peter and Miles both use mechanical webshooters. It's Silk and Anya she needs differentiating from, as those two both also have organic webs.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

She already does. Ever since she's had the symbiote, she's had organic webbing. Peter and Miles both use mechanical webshooters. It's Silk and Anya she needs differentiating from, as those two both also have organic webs.
    Her webshooter status hasn't been confirmed, to be fair.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I wonder if they're really going "back to basics" here by forcing her to use Web-Shooters again.
    end of spoilers

Is that Lacey Chabert voicing Gwen?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    This might help be a 'turning point' for the heroes if Carnage not knowing better tries to absorb Gwen's symbiote from her. Like how you can't mix blood types for humans Gwen's symbiote functions and appears at first like 616 symbiotes however it's still vastly different in bio and other matters. Plus it would be cool to see that Gwen teaching it to be a hero was successful that it 'taints' the symbiotes Carnage collected to rise up against him and his evil just like how the symbiotes rose up against their creator and symbiote devil in the past for the universe.

Also instead of empowering Carnage the 'mixing of different blood' causes Carnage instead to get sick due to bio contamination and makes Carnage puck off Gwen's Symbiote back on her instantly and empowers Gwen with a bit of Carange's abilities absorbed into her allowing different powers to separate her from Miles and Peter (Miles has Venom Blast and invisibility, Peter has the Spider-man basic powers most other spider heroes have as the basic, and Gwen can have something else as well to make her stand out).
    I like those ideas a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Is that Lacey Chabert voicing Gwen?
    Hmm, if it is . . . that would be interesting, in light of her voicing Spectacular Animated Gwen.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Today's issue was mostly a team up with Peter. She also officially dubs herself Ghost-Spider when civilians ask for a name. In the end, it was respect for Jessica which forced the change. Spider-Woman was out as Jess would "kill her". Spider-Gwen is obviously out too as her identity is secret in 616. So she thinks "I'm always saying death loves Gwen Stacy, so let's commit". That's how 616's newest hero Ghost-Spider is born.

Today's issue was mostly a team up with Peter. She also officially dubs herself Ghost-Spider when civilians ask for a name. In the end, it was respect for Jessica which forced the change. Spider-Woman was out as Jess would "kill her". Spider-Gwen is obviously out too as her identity is secret in 616. So she thinks "I'm always saying death loves Gwen Stacy, so let's commit". That's how 616's newest hero Ghost-Spider is born.
    That...really doesn't sound convincing .

Nice to see her team-up with Peter though.

Fantastic Member

So...the latest Ghost Spider is absolutely filler. I'd feel bad for spoiling but there's nothing to spoil. It's literally an issue of Gwen and Peter dicking around doing **** all and fighting a filler villain at the end. She doesn't figure out why Venom is wonky, we don't get an actual reason for her to be schooling in 616 and her reasoning for switching to Ghost Spider is a little girl asked who she was and she went '****, Jess would kill me if I introduced myself as Spider-Woman' and decided to go for Ghost Spider.

Hell, Miles doesn't even show up despite the summary indicating he would! Peter just goes 'well I'll see if I can solve your Venom issue' and she essentially shrugs and decides to just wait, making this completely pointless. Good thing it's launching again cause this ended with a whimper.

Even her poowers being wonky were juat forgotteh about since once she meets up with Peter she's swinging around with no issues again. So much for that being a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    So...the latest Ghost Spider is absolutely filler....
    and garbage, IMO
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."