Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

If Gwen's powers are to remain symbiote derived, then she should also have the camouflage power, as that's part of Venom's powerset. It also fits the Ghost-Spider name!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Gwen's powers are to remain symbiote derived, then she should also have the camouflage power, as that's part of Venom's powerset. It also fits the Ghost-Spider name!
    An excellent and logical point. I hope they go in that direction (if she keeps the symbiote).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    All of the attacks are expected except for 'disappearing act', which actually has her use what looks to be her portal watch to teleport across the arenas, which is pretty interesting.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Time for another relaunch.
    This time she going traveling between dimensions and going to school
    https://twitter.com/marvel/status/11...957909504?s=21

While I honestly wish they weren't relaunching again and so soon, as well as removing the Spider-Gwen moniker, I'm completely on board with this direction.

I remember right after the original run concluded we speculated that the next run would be Gwen swapping back and forth between Earth-65 and 616, and now we're getting literally this, and I'm really excited to see how this is gonna turn out! Plus I've been really enjoying Seanan McGuire's take on the character and I'm a Takeshi Miyazawa fanboy so everything he touches I'm obsessed with, so I'm glad they're still with it.

And now we finally have an excuse for Gwen to make cameo appearances in other books!

BANNED

This ought to make it easier to cancel when the time comes (sorry Gwen stans, but her book just doesn't have the same traction it once had) and keep Gwen around in other books, possibly transition into a Miles supporting character
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 05-16-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Honestly, with the way Gwen keeps making appearances in all the multimedia properties it was going to happen eventually.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

This is very good because the current series has a weird and clunky title.

Jorge Molina, please marry me.

wait maybe now she can join the champions deadass, they could use the sales bump
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Time for another relaunch.
    This time she going traveling between dimensions and going to school
    https://twitter.com/marvel/status/11...957909504?s=21
    Okay, my takeaways from this:

- They did not need to relaunch this book again. They already had the Ghost Spider in the title, and honestly, wordy as it is Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider works better then just "Ghost Spider" in my opinion. Relaunching so soon is just going damage sales in the long-run even if it'll get that patented #1 boost. They should've just kept the title going with the new direction.

- Why is Peter there? I can't think of a character more irrelevant to Earth-65 Gwen Stacy then 616!Peter Parker.

- It looks like they're going to try and have their cake and eat it too by having Gwen go between dimensions. But why does she go to 616? is the idea that it will be easier for her to go to school in a world that doesn't know who she is and where she doesn't have a public identity? What will her assumed name be in 616? Is this all going to transition her to just being a 616 character?

- I'm glad their keeping Miyazawa on art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    wait maybe now she can join the champions deadass, they could use the sales bump
    Can't see Gwen giving that much of a boost at this point. Maybe if it had been during her debut.

you shouldn't relaunch before at least like 12 issues but we did bitch about spider-ghost gwen spider go spider go spider go launching out of spidergeddon so I guess it's our fault fellas spider spider spider
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

See, I’m willing to bet that Gwen ends up on the Young Avengers if that book ever gets relaunched.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    See, I’m willing to bet that Gwen ends up on the Young Avengers if that book ever gets relaunched.
    The only way that makes sense to me is if someone relaunched Young Avengers and thought "hey, we need a spider-person on this team!" because the other teenage/young adult Superhero has a spider-person on it.

I mean, if/when they relaunch the team it might not be exactly the OG!roster or the Gillen team but Gwen has virtually no association with anyone in that group or the name.

I'd think it'd be more likely they spin a canon Marvel Rising book with her in it instead of replacing her with Miles like they did.

Reminds me of when they teased Gwen showing up as Miles "girlfriend" in Champions, so perhaps they will pull that trigger.

I wonder if the "Foes" they're talking about is 616 Jackal. Only person I can think of who would really be relevant.