Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Ghost Spider Annual Preview:

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...ider-annual-1/

So it looks like Gwen's stuck in Arcade's game purely because a glitchy recording/AI can't tell her apart from actual spidey. Also, her objective 'save the girl to go home' and the recording saying that it's 'giving her a chance to redeem one of her biggest mistakes' really leads me to believe that she's gonna end up having to save a recreation of 616 Gwen's famous bridging. That'll be pretty fucking awkward.
    This ought to be fun, and yeah, definitely awkward if that's the case.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It'd really be awkward if the 616 Gwen she rescues isn't actually a robot, or a hardlight hologram, but instead is the clone from Clone Conspiracy, kidnapped by Arcade after going into hiding...

By the way, looks like the issues have been released in the wrong order. We haven't met Eve yet, and there's no way this was meant to be her first appearance (she clearly appears before the preview pages). Issue 2 (whose solicit mentions the introduction of new supporting cast) should clearly have been out before the annual.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-01-2019 at 04:52 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It'd really be awkward if the 616 Gwen she rescues isn't actually a robot, or a hardlight hologram, but instead is the clone from Clone Conspiracy, kidnapped by Arcade after going into hiding...

By the way, looks like the issues have been released in the wrong order. We haven't met Eve yet, and there's no way this was meant to be her first appearance (she clearly appears before the preview pages). Issue 2 (whose solicit mentions the introduction of new supporting cast) should clearly have been out before the annual.
    Huh? I assumed Eve was just a no name to show off Gwen feeling like an outsider. Is Gwen really getting a new supporting cast?

Now I'm wondering, would it be more awkward if it was actualy Ultimate Carnage Gwen instead of the 616 clone?
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 09-02-2019 at 12:15 AM.

Huh? I assumed Eve was just a no name to show off Gwen feeling like an outsider. Is Gwen really getting a new supporting cast?
    Issue 2's solicit:

New friends! New villains! Same Gwen Stacy!

• School is in session as Gwen’s fall semester begins!

• What villain from the past stalks Gwen’s travels?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Issue 2's solicit:

New friends! New villains! Same Gwen Stacy!

• School is in session as Gwen’s fall semester begins!
    I kinda assumed they were gonna go with Miles or other established characters rather than introducing new ones. MJ and the band already don’t get enough screentime. That and the ‘new friends/enemies, same Gwen Stacy!’ blurb seems like its a play on Gwen beinf part of the 616 Marvel ‘family’ now, meaning she now has all new heroes and baddies to deal with that weren’t in Earth 65.

Thumbs up

The closer 65 Gwen aka Spider-Gwen becomes associated with the 616 Universe the less interest I have in following her adventures. The Marvel Office is squandering everything that made her unique and engaging.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I kinda assumed they were gonna go with Miles or other established characters rather than introducing new ones.
    At ESU? Miles should be at school whenever Gwen's on campus! He also wouldn't be a new friend.

Fantastic Member

At ESU? Miles should be at school whenever Gwen's on campus! He also wouldn't be a new friend.
    It’s not likw Gwen is confined to ESU. And again I assumed it also meant her interacting with 616 heroes in general. Secret Warriors is a comic and I doubt they’ll hesitate to replace Miles with her for synergy.

Miles was probably a substitute, due to Gwen's AU status, but they haven't used Patriot in those Marvel Rising comics either, despite the fact Kamala and Miles already know him since he's a Champion. So I'm not sure they're bothering with synergy. They also haven't brought in Ironheart in yet, but she's a latecomer in the cartoons too, so that's more understandable.

Fantastic Member

Miles was probably a substitute, due to Gwen's AU status, but they haven't used Patriot in those Marvel Rising comics either, despite the fact Kamala and Miles already know him since he's a Champion. So I'm not sure they're bothering with synergy. They also haven't brought in Ironheart in yet, but she's a latecomer in the cartoons too, so that's more understandable.
    Probably due to popularity. Last I checked Patriot wasn’t exactly the biggest name around even in the comics where he appears. Gwen’s popular enough that they put her smack center on the cover of Champions despite her being in only one flashback.

To be fair, I think plans for that Champions arc changed because of Waid being taken off the book. The two Vivs thing was probably meant to be after the Champion for a Day story and not part of it - the wrap up meant no room to explain Gwen's presence, so they reduced her appearance to a flashback and the team saying her AU status made her an unsuitable member.

Fantastic Member

To be fair, I think plans for that Champions arc changed because of Waid being taken off the book. The two Vivs thing was probably meant to be after the Champion for a Day story and not part of it - the wrap up meant no room to explain Gwen's presence, so they reduced her appearance to a flashback and the team saying her AU status made her an unsuitable member.
    Mmh, I'm pretty sure it's just Wolverine publicity at its finest. Given that they managed to include a bunch of new characters/no-names into the pages I'm sure Gwen would've been feasible if they really wanted, so it leads me to believe that they never really planned to include her and just slapped her on the cover for easy sales. They did the same exact thing by putting her in the Rising comics long after they must have realized Miles would be taking her place. Or putting in Quake, America Chavez and a bunch of other no-shows in the first Rising run.

Speaking of Champions, even Gwen's non-appearance makes no sense. Miles refers to her as his girlfriend (lol no) from another dimension. Weird enough on its own and then made doubly weird with Kamala being one of the people laughing and refusing to believe him despite the fact that she met and talked to Gwen. This more than anything really gives the idea that the author didn't bother to read up and slapped her on the cover as 'eh, she's popular'.

Mmh, I'm pretty sure it's just Wolverine publicity at its finest. Given that they managed to include a bunch of new characters/no-names into the pages I'm sure Gwen would've been feasible if they really wanted, so it leads me to believe that they never really planned to include her and just slapped her on the cover for easy sales. They did the same exact thing by putting her in the Rising comics long after they must have realized Miles would be taking her place. Or putting in Quake, America Chavez and a bunch of other no-shows in the first Rising run.
    America wasn't a no-show. While the story started with just Ms. Marvel and Squirrel Girl, by the end, America and Inferno had joined them.

Fantastic Member

America wasn't a no-show. While the story started with just Ms. Marvel and Squirrel Girl, by the end, America and Inferno had joined them.
    My mistake then Still point on Captain Marvel and Quake, though. Either way guess we'll see in Issue 2, eh?