Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    It must suck being dead and used as angst fodder all the time...
    LOL @ the above pic, indeed it must.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

Into the Spider-Verse featuring Gwen B. Stacy and Anya Corazon:

Poor Anya. Also, Mary Jane is Spider bait on both ends:

Poor Anya. Also, Mary Jane is Spider bait on both ends:

So what they're trying to replicate the Peter/Miles dynamic from the movies? Kind of weird...

The MJ images are funny, especially since Spider-Gwen isn't even a Peter Parker love interest. Gwen can never win .

Fantastic Member

We might be getting a Spider-Gwen film:

Last edited by eratas123; 05-25-2019 at 05:53 PM.

We might be getting a Spider-Gwen film:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K_It6iGeyHI
    Sony never stops, do they ?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sony never stops, do they ?
    Reminder that they're also making solo films for Silk, Kraven the Hunter and Morbius the Living Vampire. Assuming this rumor is true I'm surprised it took them so long to capitalize.

Reminder that they're also making solo films for Silk, Kraven the Hunter and Morbius the Living Vampire. Assuming this rumor is true I'm surprised it took them so long to capitalize.
    Honestly think they have a better shot with Into the Spider-Verse Gwen in the various movies they have in production then just making a live-action version in her own movie, but that's just me.

I don't expect Morbius to do anywhere near as well as Venom, so I don't put much stock in Sony's live-action solo plans.

Honestly think they have a better shot with Into the Spider-Verse Gwen in the various movies they have in production then just making a live-action version in her own movie, but that's just me.

I don't expect Morbius to do anywhere near as well as Venom, so I don't put much stock in Sony's live-action solo plans.
    Yea Sony really shouldn’t let the success of Venom go to their head. Venom is a very popular character and even with a Spider-Manless universe using characters that are satellites to Spider-Man being a terrible idea, could still make money. The other plans however, I don’t see doing anywhere near as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea Sony really shouldn’t let the success of Venom go to their head. Venom is a very popular character and even with a Spider-Manless universe using characters that are satellites to Spider-Man being a terrible idea, could still make money. The other plans however, I don’t see doing anywhere near as well.
    My guess is if they are realistic they have to know the budget but also expectations of profit will be different from Venom. Possible they know and expect a lower number so even if the movie plans don't match up to Venom numbers Sony would be happy or sad based on expectations and if they are met or not. So they might not expect it to be anywhere near as well but a small profit still remains a profit for them with the legal properties open and under their power.
    Plus once in a blue moon for an unexpected blockbuster happens with the unknown characters but that will be heavily based on the actors, backstage, writers, and TONS of people that for the team to make films. While prior fame substantially helps comic characters many people nowadays will first discover and know a verson present to them from TV and movies first vs comics thus every character for the majority has to start somewhere and less known characters have one advantage of not having character expectations from the public (aka 'this character is being OOC', 'not my character', and so forth proclamations that I've seen some reviews state about how the Venom character was handled).

Into the Spider-Verse everybody was bashing and saying how it's going to bomb...then it came out. We don't know the overall quality of each film (and quality being subjective) will be till we see it. The Gwen movie and character presented in the end could be wonderful and earn alot of money for Sony, it could be horrible and bomb, it could be wonderful and still bomb, it could suck and making alot of money.

As a Gwen fan I welcome it and hope for the best overall and that I will hopefully enjoy it and the character presented version and tale. I do have overall hopes (basically a personal fan checklist of hopes) as a Gwen fan and fears. But looking at a cup half full view I'll mostly hope for the best, I feel everybody will work hard in their hired tasks, and hope Gwen to have a shot and done well for her own movie/show in animated or live action form or both maybe.
    Same for the others grealty Silk as I began enjoying comics in late 2014 thanks to Gwen and Cindy was also a series and character I enjoyed greatly plus Jessica so all three Spider-Women I'm a huge fan of.

Poor Anya.
    That should be Gwen M. Stacy. Her middle name is Maxine.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    My guess is if they are realistic they have to know the budget but also expectations of profit will be different from Venom. Possible they know and expect a lower number so even if the movie plans don't match up to Venom numbers Sony would be happy or sad based on expectations and if they are met or not. So they might not expect it to be anywhere near as well but a small profit still remains a profit for them with the legal properties open and under their power.
    Plus once in a blue moon for an unexpected blockbuster happens with the unknown characters but that will be heavily based on the actors, backstage, writers, and TONS of people that for the team to make films. While prior fame substantially helps comic characters many people nowadays will first discover and know a verson present to them from TV and movies first vs comics thus every character for the majority has to start somewhere and less known characters have one advantage of not having character expectations from the public (aka 'this character is being OOC', 'not my character', and so forth proclamations that I've seen some reviews state about how the Venom character was handled).

Into the Spider-Verse everybody was bashing and saying how it's going to bomb...then it came out. We don't know the overall quality of each film (and quality being subjective) will be till we see it. The Gwen movie and character presented in the end could be wonderful and earn alot of money for Sony, it could be horrible and bomb, it could be wonderful and still bomb, it could suck and making alot of money.

As a Gwen fan I welcome it and hope for the best overall and that I will hopefully enjoy it and the character presented version and tale. I do have overall hopes (basically a personal fan checklist of hopes) as a Gwen fan and fears. But looking at a cup half full view I'll mostly hope for the best, I feel everybody will work hard in their hired tasks, and hope Gwen to have a shot and done well for her own movie/show in animated or live action form or both maybe.
    Same for the others grealty Silk as I began enjoying comics in late 2014 thanks to Gwen and Cindy was also a series and character I enjoyed greatly plus Jessica so all three Spider-Women I'm a huge fan of.
    Speaking personally when it comes to Sony’s attempts at their own live action universe are both the concern of them diluting these Spider-Man properties unnecessarily and the limiting factors that they pose towards the MCU Spider-Man. With them making use of characters like Kraven, Black Cat, Silver Sable, Venom, Silk, etc that’s eliminating the ability for them to interact within the MCU as well as limiting the characters within Spider-Man’s world for them to draw from.

Fantastic Member

Ouch...

Ouch...

That's...not exactly flattering .

That's...not exactly flattering .
    To be fair, Gwen's ALWAYS been kind of a dunce and a dolt, even back during the Latour days, it fits her. (Although Gwen's actually of age so she wouldn't have to worry about that but whatevz lol)

That single brain cell is the property of one Otto Octavius.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate