Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 646 to 660 of 754
  1. #646
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Ghost Spider 3 preview:

    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...host-spider-3/

    Publisher: Marvel Comics
    (W) Seanan McGuire (A) Takeshi Miyazawa (CA) Russell Dauterman, Jorge Molina

    Worlds Collide!
    • Gwen Stacy of Earth-65 has decided to enroll in class at Empire State University in the Marvel Universe! Now, she’ll be taking classes down the hall from Peter Parker, your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man!
    • But things aren’t as safe as they may seem. Peter’s not the only person in the Marvel Universe who may recognize Gwen Stacy, and not all of them share his noble intentions…

    In Shops: Oct 23, 2019




    Looks like Gwen's new 'friend' deliberately sought out Jackal for something, likely superpowers given the themes of Spider-Gwen and people craving to be special. On the other hand she does seem disgusted by Jackal and is insistent that she won't hurt Gwen, so while she's not really Gwen's friend she does have some standards. Gotta wonder just what exactly she got from Jackal, though, and how Benji found him given that Jackal states he sought her out first.

    Also, look at this alternate cover that totally doesn't imply anything:



    Just two gal pals hanging out. Doesn't mean anything.
    Last edited by eratas123; 10-19-2019 at 06:35 AM.

  2. #647
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Also, look at this alternate cover that totally doesn't imply anything:



    Just two gal pals hanging out. Doesn't mean anything.
    I thought MJ wasn't wearing anything from the waist down for a moment lol.

  3. #648
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I thought MJ wasn't wearing anything from the waist down for a moment lol.
    That certainly would’ve made the image...interesting.

  4. #649
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Ghost Spider 3 preview:

    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...host-spider-3/

    Publisher: Marvel Comics
    (W) Seanan McGuire (A) Takeshi Miyazawa (CA) Russell Dauterman, Jorge Molina

    Worlds Collide!
    • Gwen Stacy of Earth-65 has decided to enroll in class at Empire State University in the Marvel Universe! Now, she’ll be taking classes down the hall from Peter Parker, your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man!
    • But things aren’t as safe as they may seem. Peter’s not the only person in the Marvel Universe who may recognize Gwen Stacy, and not all of them share his noble intentions…

    In Shops: Oct 23, 2019




    Looks like Gwen's new 'friend' deliberately sought out Jackal for something, likely superpowers given the themes of Spider-Gwen and people craving to be special. On the other hand she does seem disgusted by Jackal and is insistent that she won't hurt Gwen, so while she's not really Gwen's friend she does have some standards. Gotta wonder just what exactly she got from Jackal, though, and how Benji found him given that Jackal states he sought her out first.
    The Jackal sure has a thing for people named "Ben."
    Also, look at this alternate cover that totally doesn't imply anything:



    Just two gal pals hanging out. Doesn't mean anything.
    I mean...I know the subtext between Earth-65 MJ and Gwen is a fairly prevalent talking point, but that looks more like 616 MJ to me, so I assume it's just them hanging out and getting to know each other after the initial weirdness of seeing themselves.

  5. #650
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    335

    Default

    If it’s 616 MJ then I’m definitely for it. One of the few things I wanna see in the 616 move is her interscting with MJ and Daredevil, cause that’ll defnitely be fun.

  6. #651
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,760

    Default

    That variant is meaningless - it's just one of many across the whole Marvel line to promote The Amazing Mary Jane.

    I guess the creative team realised about Benji looking too much like Gwen last issue, hence the new hair colour (adding that comment about digging the new hair was easy enough, and they didn't need to redo the pencils and inks).

    And that vial will definitely grant Benji temporary powers.

  7. #652
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    335

    Default

    What kind of powers is what I’m interested in. Spider or a variant of Jackal?

  8. #653
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    If it’s 616 MJ then I’m definitely for it. One of the few things I wanna see in the 616 move is her interscting with MJ and Daredevil, cause that’ll defnitely be fun.
    I don't think McGuire would write it though, at least the MJ one.

    Maybe Leah Williams if Amazing Mary Jane does well enough to become an ongoing.

  9. #654
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think McGuire would write it though, at least the MJ one.

    Maybe Leah Williams if Amazing Mary Jane does well enough to become an ongoing.
    Why wouldn’t she? Does McGuire not like writing Mary Jane or is there another reason?

  10. #655
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Why wouldn’t she? Does McGuire not like writing Mary Jane or is there another reason?
    I don't think she does. Look how she writes Earth-65 EmJay and how she referred to Mary Jane when talking about her reaction to 616 Gwen's death.

  11. #656
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think she does. Look how she writes Earth-65 EmJay and how she referred to Mary Jane when talking about her reaction to 616 Gwen's death.
    Ah...shame. Author bias when writing characters is never fun. Especially here given that Mary Jane’s character development in the original run was one of the highlights.

  12. #657
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think she does. Look how she writes Earth-65 EmJay and how she referred to Mary Jane when talking about her reaction to 616 Gwen's death.
    What did she say about MJ?

    Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Ah...shame. Author bias when writing characters is never fun. Especially here given that Mary Jane’s character development in the original run was one of the highlights.
    Wouldn't be the first time someone prefers Gwen and writes MJ being worse

  13. #658
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    What did she say about MJ?

    Wouldn't be the first time someone prefers Gwen and writes MJ being worse
    Really? Last I checked most authors didn’r make MJ worse, they just retroactively make Gwen better than she actually was. Spider- Man Blue leans hard on this by portraying the romance as far sweeter than what it actually was. Oh, and most writers either forget or pretend that Gwen didn’t hate Spider-Man long before he was accused of killing her dad. She had a panic attack when she thought Peter was Spidey.

  14. #659
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    What did she say about MJ?
    Here it is:

    And I just thought, ‘This character is magnificent. I’m going to follow her forever. And I don’t know who that redhead is on the covers that I see at the comic book store, but clearly she’s irrelevant.’

  15. #660
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Mega oof right there. Also, did she actually read the issues with 616 Gwen or is she just conflating the various Gwens from different medias together? A lot of so-called fans of 616 Gwen do the latter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •