Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You missed the point of my post. The Ghost-Spider part is what I was questioning. Apparently, she's not officially adopting it as her codename at all.
    Ah. Ok, then. I'd say it's still there for distinguishing Gwen from Jessica.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

My guess is she's trying to do it, but everyone either calls her Spider-Woman or Spider-Gwen regardless of what she claims. Same way many people in-universe call Kate Bishop alternative names like Lady Hawkeye or Other Hawkeye despite her claims that she and Clint share the codename.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Ah yes, Gwen's arch-enemy: a squirrel. Here's hoping she finally gets proven innocent, cause her being blamed always felt really freaking dumb. Also, did the animation and character designs get better somehow or is that just my imagination? The teal spider on Gwen's back in particular is less tick-like and is much more angular and sharp.
    But she's the female equivalent of Spider-Man. She has to constantly be viewed as a menace and be on the run from the law .
    Quote Originally Posted by VGCinema View Post
    Attachment 77407

Writer: Seanan McGuire
    Artist: Takeshi Miyazawa

• Struggling to find her place as SPIDER-WOMAN in a city that seems to revere her and hate her in equal measure, GWEN STACY has taken matters into her own hands by becoming a hero for hire!
    • That should make her first date with Harry Osborn a breeze, right? After all, how many people could REALLY need Spider-Woman’s help, after all?

Hero for Hire was not really the path I saw this taking, but I'm kinda intrigued.
    Frankly, it seems like the only reasonable job an active Superhero with a public identity could get.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But she's the female equivalent of Spider-Man. She has to constantly be viewed as a menace and be on the run from the law .

Frankly, it seems like the only reasonable job an active Superhero with a public identity could get.
    Spiderverse proves otherwise.

Yep. Let's face it, Gwen's career prospects are in the toilet now that she's a recently released from jail public hero. What company would want someone like that on their payroll? Ant-Man shows just how difficult it would be to keep a job because companies don't like rapsheets. Here at least she can work at her own pace.
    Last edited by eratas123; 01-22-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Spiderverse proves otherwise.
    I mean, yeah, but she basically comes off the most like a female Spider-Man stand-in for the Marvel Rising universe in my opinion.
    Yep. Let's face it, Gwen's career prospects are in the toilet now that she's a recently released from jail public hero. What company would want someone like that on their payroll? Ant-Man shows just how difficult it would be to keep a job because companies don't like rapsheets. Here at least she can work at her own pace.
    Man, it's easy to forget that Gwen's got the one-two-punch of being both a public Superhero and a convicted felon.

She and Luke Cage have a surprising amount in common .

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, yeah, but she basically comes off the most like a female Spider-Man stand-in for the Marvel Rising universe in my opinion.

Man, it's easy to forget that Gwen's got the one-two-punch of being both a public Superhero and a convicted felon.

She and Luke Cage have a surprising amount in common .
    I meant Miles and Blonde Peter being beloved by their town. Ditto the video game where, apart from Jameson and a few people voiced by the same guy, the populace are major fans of Spidey.

She actually has a lot in common with Daredevil - Father is main source of inspiration, fighting the Kingpin, hard conflict with the Punisher...I'm actually really hoping these two meet at some point, if only for the sheer possible hilarity.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I meant Miles and Blonde Peter being beloved by their town. Ditto the video game where, apart from Jameson and a few people voiced by the same guy, the populace are major fans of Spidey.

She actually has a lot in common with Daredevil - Father is main source of inspiration, fighting the Kingpin, hard conflict with the Punisher...I'm actually really hoping these two meet at some point, if only for the sheer possible hilarity.
    Well, if you consider Murderdock...
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

The PS4 game did swing things around during a certain point during the game, even if it seemed to go back to normal after Spidey saved the day.

But I think we're supposed to assume in the gameverse that Spidey is a more controversial figure then we see from his perspective, but that might also have been more true during his teenage years.
    And both have messy personal lives and have served hard time

Cosigning the idea of Spider-Gwen meeting 616 Matt Murdock/Daredevil. She'll probably be antsy around him at first, recognizing him by his voice and abilities as a version of Matt Murdock, but not quite the same as the guy who tormented and manipulated her in hopes of her turning out like him. That awkwardness would be intriguing to see if they ever interacted.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Cosigning the idea of Spider-Gwen meeting 616 Matt Murdock/Daredevil. She'll probably be antsy around him at first, recognizing him by his voice and abilities as a version of Matt Murdock, but not quite the same as the guy who tormented and manipulated her in hopes of her turning out like him. That awkwardness would be intriguing to see if they ever interacted.
    Yep. I'm definitely tempted to make a small oneshot of that, if only for everyone else being so confused on why she's so antsy around Daredevil, one of the nicest and most adamant thou shalt not kill practitioners in the entirety of the MU.

I even remember one very early Spider-Gwen fanfic where Matt Murderdock was the Kingpin's lawyer because Fisk personally invested in his schooling and progress and so Matt felt indebted, but because he still kept up his morality he actually plays both sides. For example: setting Rhino to Captain Stacy like he did in canon but the second Aleksei leaves he puts on the mask as Daredevil and tries to stop him. It's a very human conflict since it fits with the idea that he's fundamentally good but just can't shake off all the things Fisk has done for him.

The relationship between him and Gwen was also great, with the two managing to forge a tentative bond despite her being the police chief's daughter and him being the Kingpin's top lawyer. There were even some ship teasing moments, though they were mostly friendly and joking.

Yep. I'm definitely tempted to make a small oneshot of that, if only for everyone else being so confused on why she's so antsy around Daredevil, one of the nicest and most adamant thou shalt not kill practitioners in the entirety of the MU.

I even remember one very early Spider-Gwen fanfic where Matt Murderdock was the Kingpin's lawyer because Fisk personally invested in his schooling and progress and so Matt felt indebted, but because he still kept up his morality he actually plays both sides. For example: setting Rhino to Captain Stacy like he did in canon but the second Aleksei leaves he puts on the mask as Daredevil and tries to stop him. It's a very human conflict since it fits with the idea that he's fundamentally good but just can't shake off all the things Fisk has done for him.

The relationship between him and Gwen was also great, with the two managing to forge a tentative bond despite her being the police chief's daughter and him being the Kingpin's top lawyer. There were even some ship teasing moments, though they were mostly friendly and joking.
    That fanfic you mention in the second paragraph would've been a great twist on Matt's character in Spider-Gwen, and it reminds me somewhat of Marvel Knights 2099's Samuel Fisk, who was simultaneously the inheritor of the Kingpin's legacy and undermining that legacy as the vigilante Daredevil. Speaking of Daredevil in Spider-Gwen, I think it'd be interesting if Elektra or Karen Page was the Daredevil of Spider-Gwen's universe, kind of flipping the script in the same way Gwen Stacy as Spider-Woman initially flipped Spider-Man's narrative.

Astonishing Member

What we thinking to the relaunched book so far?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    What we thinking to the relaunched book so far?
    It's okay, but in all honesty, I don't like it (yet) as much as I did the original run. Things just feel off and a tad boring to me.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It's okay, but in all honesty, I don't like it (yet) as much as I did the original run. Things just feel off and a tad boring to me.
    Same here. Not grabbed me like Spider-Gwen's memorable debut in Edge of Spider-Verse #2 and her two series all by Jason Latour/Robbie Rodriguez.