Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Really? It just says guest stars and a new codename, nothing about jumping universes. Team ups are common. The summary indicates she's hopping over to 616 for a spell (PLEASE don't be permanent) so she can fix her Venom. Hopefully it works out.
    Last edited by eratas123; 04-18-2019 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

SPIDER-GWEN: GHOST-SPIDER #10
    SEANAN MCGUIRE (W) • TBA (A) • COVER BY BENGAL
    CARNAGE-IZED VARIANT COVER BY IBAN COELLO
    • After unmasking herself, waging a war for the fate of the Multiverse and nearly losing her father, Gwen Stacy has had a rough year...and it’s not about to get any easier!
    • ESPECIALLY when something’s started going wrong with the mysterious suit that gives her her abilities.
    • With no other choice, Gwen finds herself swinging through the skies of the Marvel Universe alongside special guest stars SPIDER-MAN and SPIDER-MAN, and finally embracing an all-new codename! We’ll give you three guesses…
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Whelp... she's off to 616, it seems.
    I assume the Spider-Men are Peter and Miles, although while Miles makes sense I'm kind of surprised they're using Peter in a Spider-Gwen book.

10 issues in and now they're trying to make Ghost Spider happen ?

Fantastic Member

Spider-Guin to appear in Spider-Ham oneshot written by Phil Lord:

Wonder if they're together.

Old news - that was solicited a month ago.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Reading that Kamala/Ms Marvel is about to get a new costume I wonder with Gwen's costume in the trash and saying 'Spider-Gwen no more' she's not giving up the super heroism just the codename plus maybe going to have a new costume as well? This could have something to do with the symbiote that allows her to have any fashion she wants or Gwen recognizes visually if people she her original costume it's always going to be linked to certain parts Gwen doesn't want. She has to change people's perceptions of her even if that means literally how they see her going foward.
    So in order to get the new message and new codename out there she has to abandon her original costume for something new to show visually to the public a new direction Gwen is taking to the public with new links setup then for her with her controlling the message and narrative to her liking.

Indeed, oh look it's Spider Ham tee hee tee hee. *yawn*.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Yes, but we didn't know Phil Lord was involved until this week

Astonishing Member

I can't stop thinking the problem with Gwen's suit/symbiote could cause something like Spider-Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yes, but we didn't know Phil Lord was involved until this week
    I just saw the cover and thought "seen that already".
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I can't stop thinking the problem with Gwen's suit/symbiote could cause something like Spider-Island.
    You mean the spiders constantly dripping from her? Maybe they'll bite other people along the way?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You mean the spiders constantly dripping from her? Maybe they'll bite other people along the way?
    Yeah, this is exactly what I'm thinking. What will happen if these spiders bite someone? Are they turned into a spider, a symbiote, or something else?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Yeah, this is exactly what I'm thinking. What will happen if these spiders bite someone? Are they turned into a spider, a symbiote, or something else?
    Considering the symbiote in Earth-65 is supposed to be a mutant offshoot of the spiders bioengineered by S.I.L.K. (the organization), I'm thinking something closer to Spider-Island than Venomized.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume the Spider-Men are Peter and Miles, although while Miles makes sense I'm kind of surprised they're using Peter in a Spider-Gwen book.

10 issues in and now they're trying to make Ghost Spider happen ?
    They would have been better just burying the name. What’s it gonna take for them to realize the name just isn’t catching on no matter how they try to force it?

They left it too late. That's the problem. Into the Spider-Verse has cemented her as Spider-Gwen in the public consciousness. If she'd been Ghost Spider when Latour was writing her, ITSV would've used that name and it would've stuck.

They left it too late. That's the problem. Into the Spider-Verse has cemented her as Spider-Gwen in the public consciousness. If she'd been Ghost Spider when Latour was writing her, ITSV would've used that name and it would've stuck.
    Don't you mean Spider-Woman? They actually used the codename there...