Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider Appreciation 2019

SPIDER-GWEN: GHOST-SPIDER APPRECIATION 2019!

Welcome fans of Gwen all of universes! I know the last thread was meant for all Gwens and I want this thread to be for that as well. But I felt like the name of the thread should be directed towards Spider-Gwen, I hope this doesn't upset anybody. I've never really made an Appreciation Thread before, so I'd appreciate any suggestions on what to put on this top post. Right now I'm just gonna put the two main runs of Spider-Gwen, plus whatever crossovers she's appeared in that I can think of and if anyone wants to suggest anything else from 616 Gwen I'll be more than happy to put it here.

LIST OF SPIDER-GWEN RUNS:
    SPIDER-GWEN by Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez
    SPIDER-GWEN: GHOST-SPIDER by Seanan McGuire and Rosi Kampe

EVENTS INVOLVING SPIDER-GWEN:
    SPIDER-VERSE by Dan Slott and Olivier Coipel
    CLONE CONSPIRACY by Dan Slott and Jim Cheung
    SPIDER-GEDDON by Christos Gage and Jorge Molina

to be continued with any suggestions
    Last edited by VGCinema; 01-09-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Good issue today.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Good issue today.
    Agreed. I thought it was a lot better than the last three issues. Specifically in the art department. I was a little worried at first but if we keep getting stories like this I'm going to be really happy.

I definitely think, as things are now for the character of Gwen Stacy, this thread's title feels a little more accurate.

BANNED

I don't feel like the relaunch has gotten off to the good start, especially compared to how well handled Miles is with Ahmed. There's too much dependency on the Spidergeddon event. The opening story dealt with alternate doubles of the established alternate doubles...this must be pretty confusing to some new readers, and this epilogue issue expects readers to be aware of who Mayday is of all people when she's as niche as it gets and didn't even play that big a role in the event outside of a tie-in with Annie and Anya rather than Gwen. Indeed this is the only interaction Gwen has had with Mayday since Web Warriors wrapped.

Fantastic Member

I do like the alternate costumes Gwen had:

It's kinda pointless, though. I mean I get shifting into a different civilian guise like in the last pic, but what was the point of the first two? She attracts attention regardless with a costume. Did the artist just wanna try drawing new stuff and add to the list of Spider-Gwen cosplays?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I don't feel like the relaunch has gotten off to the good start, especially compared to how well handled Miles is with Ahmed. There's too much dependency on the Spidergeddon event. The opening story dealt with alternate doubles of the established alternate doubles...this must be pretty confusing to some new readers, and this epilogue issue expects readers to be aware of who Mayday is of all people when she's as niche as it gets and didn't even play that big a role in the event outside of a tie-in with Annie and Anya rather than Gwen. Indeed this is the only interaction Gwen has had with Mayday since Web Warriors wrapped.
    Annie was mentioned as well. You're definitely expected to have read the main Spider-Geddon event. Also, it's before the end of Spider-Geddon #5, so she's still not Ghost-Spider yet! Perhaps the first four issues should've just been a mini-series called just Spider-Gwen, with the Ghost-Spider title launching next month?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman