Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    If she's going to be a superhero, a major on justice and laws would be handy. But there is the problem that the laws in one universe may not be the same as in the other...
    So she'd be the Daredevil of her world too? Or She-Hulk

Wouldn't her criminal record be an obstacle to such a career?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wouldn't her criminal record be an obstacle to such a career?
    I think her being an open superhero is the bigger thing. Note that what stopped her from going to college and having a fancy dinner date with Harry was because she was Spider-Woman: no one brings up the year in jail cause everyone knows she’s innocent of Peter’s murder and he was the Lizard. Even in the former case Gwen probably still could’ve attended college just fine. The two girls who went up to her were excited and asking questions/selfies but they were not hostile at all. Gwen just seemed to have a panic attack at them giving her attention:

Which pretty much contradicts the last issue of Spider-Gwen where she explicitly doesn’t give a **** if people stare at her and has to be forced down by her dad:

I liked this version of Gwen better. She knows people are wary of her but she doesn’t let it bother her and she’s open with who she is. Now she’s running away from fangirls like they threatened her or something.

Fantastic Member

Probably the wrong place for this, but...

https://www.cbr.com/gwen-stacy-origi...r-man-spinoff/

Seriously? I know Ghost Spider is popular but does Marvel honestly think that retroactively makes 616 Saint Gwen an interesting character? What next, a miniseries about the adventures of Uncle Ben ending with him being shot by the mugger? Marvel’s really buying into their own hype if they think classic Gwen was ever much of an interesting, dynamic character.

616 Gwen has her own appreciation thread, which I see has been bumped up with that news.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Probably the wrong place for this, but...

https://www.cbr.com/gwen-stacy-origi...r-man-spinoff/

Seriously? I know Ghost Spider is popular but does Marvel honestly think that retroactively makes 616 Saint Gwen an interesting character? What next, a miniseries about the adventures of Uncle Ben ending with him being shot by the mugger? Marvel’s really buying into their own hype if they think classic Gwen was ever much of an interesting, dynamic character.
    Well, we had that "Trouble" miniseries...

Fantastic Member

Ghost Spider 4 Preview:

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...host-spider-4/

Once again Gwen misses a guy flirting with her and comments that she's not making very good friends. That brush off for Veronica Mars was oof. I mean I guess that's the reason Kosei awkwardly runs off cause it's either that or he's another Miles Warren plant, and the latter seems unlikely given Benji. Anyway, Jackal continues to be a fucking creep while Gwen's enhanced PR shows itself again with the cops just outright letting her help them. At this point she seems to have reached the point of PS4 Spidey - while there are outspoken critics, most of the city and law enforcement figure that she's a good egg and aren't afraid to show it.

Anyway, given the cover I'm guessing the people with guns are Manwolf's men. I do wonder how Gwen will deal with a hostage situation, though. It's far different than just beating up a baddie since one wrong move equals a bunch of dead hostages.

And those hostages include the Bodega Bandit, that's the friend she's talking about there. She definitely needs to be careful with this one.

"The Haunting Ghost Spider?" Seriously :P?

That Symbiote seems super convenient for changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "The Haunting Ghost Spider?" Seriously :P?

That Symbiote seems super convenient for changing.
    I still refuse to call her character ghost spider, there really was no need for the pointless name change.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    I still refuse to call her character ghost spider, there really was no need for the pointless name change.
    Technically, yes. A change was necessary. First, "Spider-Woman" is overused; and second, "Spider-Gwen" spoils the whole "Secret Identity".

But I never got the thing abour "Ghost Spider". That name could actually match Miles Morales, because of the invisibility and the venom sting. In "Ultimate Spider-Man vs The Sinister 6", we had a clone of Spider-Man named "Ghost Spider" who had powers similar to Miles, plus teleportation. (It was actually based on Anthro, from Deathweb).

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    They did that because of Gwen commuting to 616, and I'm almost willing to bet she'll become Marvel's equivalent of Power Girl and move permanently eventually.

Although if that happens, hope it's without that cleavage window, and if she does have a cleavage window, hope it's without a Spider-Symbol, we've had something similar to that when Sue had a "4" cleavage window, and that was stupid enough .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Technically, yes. A change was necessary. First, "Spider-Woman" is overused; and second, "Spider-Gwen" spoils the whole "Secret Identity".

But I never got the thing abour "Ghost Spider". That name could actually match Miles Morales, because of the invisibility and the venom sting. In "Ultimate Spider-Man vs The Sinister 6", we had a clone of Spider-Man named "Ghost Spider" who had powers similar to Miles, plus teleportation. (It was actually based on Anthro, from Deathweb).
    And let's not forget that "Ghost-Spider" was originally a Peter Parker/Spider-Man who gained Ghost Rider-style powers (and a flaming skull) from being sent to hell after he died for killing alternate Spider-Men/Peter Parkers and stealing their life-forces to empower himself a la that Jet Li sci-fi action movie The One.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And let's not forget that "Ghost-Spider" was originally a Peter Parker/Spider-Man who gained Ghost Rider-style powers (and a flaming skull) from being sent to hell after he died for killing alternate Spider-Men/Peter Parkers and stealing their life-forces to empower himself a la that Jet Li sci-fi action movie The One.
    Yeah, that was quite obvious from where it came the "ghost" part. And saddest thing is, this Peter never really wanted to kill anybody, but his Uncle Ben turned a psycho after surviving the guy who shot at him. And this unworthy version of Ben Parker made Peter to choose wrong in a lor of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And it's PS4 Spidey of all places that fixed this, since that costume is called "Spirit Spider", it's even alliterative lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Yeah, that was quite obvious from where it came the "ghost" part. And saddest thing is, this Peter never really wanted to kill anybody, but his Uncle Ben turned a psycho after surviving the guy who shot at him. And this unworthy version of Ben Parker made Peter to choose wrong in a lor of things.
    And that story at least doesn't make Amazing Spider dodge his crimes, while it's clear he didn't want to, he never stopped just because Uncle Ben was telling him to keep going, he's still pretty guilty, something he admits and is trying to make up for, so that was cool.