Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

They don't even need to dump her in 616. Gwen's literally the only Spider who can do dimensional travel. Just have her pop in when appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Then don't off Jessica. Instead, maybe have Kelly Thompson give her a new codename in the Captain Marvel comic.

The other issue is Gwen's supporting cast, as bringing the Mary Janes to 616 would be awkward since MJ, Glory and Betty all have alive 616 counterparts.
    I agree it is a bad idea but from what I've heard certain people in Marvel don't think so.

As for Gwen's supporting cast, the rumors go "no one really cares them" that they are the "side dish everyone throws out while eating the main course" (or so my inside contacts tell me).
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-08-2019 at 10:18 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I agree it is a bad idea but from what I've heard certain people in Marvel don't think so.

As for Gwen's supporting cast, the rumors go "no one really cares them" that they are the "side dish everyone throws out while eating the main course" (or so my inside contacts tell me).
    Supporting casts are equally if not more important as they are apart of their world personally. They help shape her and the connections she has.

Many comics can have a strong protagonist but with no cast or good cast it falls flat. Ms Marvel for me was a super enjoyable comic to read not just because I love Kamala but that her cast/friends/family had a variety and provided backup, humor, and so much. The writer was amazing in making New Jersey a world, community, and having a life all it's own.

Peter Parker is a great character but if he had nobody to bounce off of/his cast he would've fallen in turn.

Cast are underrated but the best comics are the ones with a strong cast/supporting/family/friends/ect.

I love Gwen and her father's link. I'm also after a rough start feeling the Mary Janes and Gwen 'gel in a good way where despite some yelling each cares about each other. Aunt May hasn't made a appearance in the new Volume but I liked her. Kid Reed plus the positives of a Multiverse allowing for different tales and takes on characters that you will lose if you leave it.

Honestly if Gwen moves i want her cast (mostly her Father and the Mary Janes) to join her or a big part of her heart and connections are lost.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    Supporting casts are equally if not more important as they are apart of their world personally. They help shape her and the connections she has...
    I agree but my insider contacts tell me there is a tug of war right now between those who feel Gwen should be transplanted to 616 and those who feel she should remain her own unique thing.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

One thing is for sure - calling the current book Spider-Gwen Ghost-Spider instead of just Spider-Gwen was a mistake, since she's not called Ghost-Spider and there's apparently no plans for her to take on the name in the comics. It's only Marvel Rising and the IDW comics using the Ghost-Spider name. Both are probably easily fixed. In Rising, have her decide that the Ghost part of her name gives a negative impression and might have contributed to people thinking she was a criminal. And in the comic, just have people get it wrong, like how Arana ended up becoming Spider-Girl.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    One thing is for sure - calling the current book Spider-Gwen Ghost-Spider instead of just Spider-Gwen was a mistake, since she's not called Ghost-Spider and there's apparently no plans for her to take on the name in the comics. It's only Marvel Rising and the IDW comics using the Ghost-Spider name. Both are probably easily fixed. In Rising, have her decide that the Ghost part of her name gives a negative impression and might have contributed to people thinking she was a criminal. And in the comic, just have people get it wrong, like how Arana ended up becoming Spider-Girl.
    Well, apparently she's called that because she's stealthy and looks ghost-esque, but if you actually see her in Marvel Rising you see she's really terrible at not getting caught .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Once again, I'm damn confused on Gwen's age. Her dad says she's 'almost an adult'. Wut? She should be 20 at this point and she was 19 in her original run. The hell does he mean almost an adult? Also, 65-Jameson is a fucking hypocrite. As much as I dislike 616-JJ, at least hes tuck to his guns, no matter how much blanks he shot. Here he's suddenly done an about face cause now prosecuting Spider-Woman isn't popular. *******. Five bucks says he'll revert when Gwen beats up his criminal son.

A few more details as well: Gwen pretty much was kicked out of her and Betty's apartment due to the danger; her spider-sense is as shitty as it always is; MJ continues to be a pain in Gwen's spider tush; and Gwen's first Hero for Hire request was someone wanting to date her. I'm really curious on what that guy said. Must've been hilarious.
    He probably means "almost an adult" in the sense that while she might be legally an adult, she's still too young and not necessarily fully prepared for the responsibilities that come with that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Read the latest Spider Gwen:

spoilers:

Pretty slow chapter. Gwen starts up her Hero for Hire business (with help from Betty) and tries to gain a sense of normalcy in her life. Truth be told nothing really much happens this chapter - she talks with her dad, talks with her bandmates, stops Bodega Bandit (who very stupidly used a popgun, which likely would've led to him getting shot at by police), gets asked out by Harry, and briefly tangles with Man-Wolf. The usual.

...Well, up until we get to see Man-Wolf's associate: Miles Warren. Yep, Miles Warren in a story involving Gwen Stacy. We are most likely heading into the Earth-65 Clone Saga, folks. Buck your seatbelts...

Anyway, still not in it for the Harry/Gwen angle. Doesn't help that the way he asks her out makes Gwen look awkward about it.
    end of spoilers

On a non-spoilery note, Gwen has completely abandoned the Ghost Spider name:

Ah, the benefits of synergy. Also, Gwen's default attire is a white jacket, teal undershirt, black leggings and teal shoes...yeah, she's not even trying. That'd be like if Peter Parker went around with a red and blue shirt constantly. Oh well, I guess she's got nothing to hide now that her secret identity is shot:

Astonishing Member

Glad I dropped the book.

Read the latest Spider Gwen:

spoilers:

Pretty slow chapter. Gwen starts up her Hero for Hire business (with help from Betty) and tries to gain a sense of normalcy in her life. Truth be told nothing really much happens this chapter - she talks with her dad, talks with her bandmates, stops Bodega Bandit (who very stupidly used a popgun, which likely would've led to him getting shot at by police), gets asked out by Harry, and briefly tangles with Man-Wolf. The usual.

...Well, up until we get to see Man-Wolf's associate: Miles Warren. Yep, Miles Warren in a story involving Gwen Stacy. We are most likely heading into the Earth-65 Clone Saga, folks. Buck your seatbelts...

Anyway, still not in it for the Harry/Gwen angle. Doesn't help that the way he asks her out makes Gwen look awkward about it.
    end of spoilers

On a non-spoilery note, Gwen has completely abandoned the Ghost Spider name:

Ah, the benefits of synergy. Also, Gwen's default attire is a white jacket, teal undershirt, black leggings and teal shoes...yeah, she's not even trying. That'd be like if Peter Parker went around with a red and blue shirt constantly. Oh well, I guess she's got nothing to hide now that her secret identity is shot:

She never adopted the Ghost Spider name in the first place, despite the ending of Spider-Geddon setting it up, which means the book's name is completely nonsensical.
    spoilers:
    You're probably right about Clone Saga though. I wonder if her clone will be called Ghost Spider instead?
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Like people said before, they probably did plan for Ghost Spider till Spider-Verse did so well that they want to keep the codename. I don't mind too much. I mean, Spider-Man Noir and Spider-Man 2099 aren't called that in-universe either. That and you gotta admit Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider sounds more attention grabbing than: Spider-Gwen: Spider-Woman, which just sounds kinda redundant.

I still don't think "Ghost Spider" will stick unless they try harder to promote the name.

It still just feels a tad tacked on and not as catchy as "Spider-Gwen" or "Spider-Woman."

Like people said before, they probably did plan for Ghost Spider till Spider-Verse did so well that they want to keep the codename. I don't mind too much. I mean, Spider-Man Noir and Spider-Man 2099 aren't called that in-universe either. That and you gotta admit Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider sounds more attention grabbing than: Spider-Gwen: Spider-Woman, which just sounds kinda redundant.
    Yeah - the book should just be called Spider-Gwen, like the previous run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still don't think "Ghost Spider" will stick unless they try harder to promote the name.

It still just feels a tad tacked on and not as catchy as "Spider-Gwen" or "Spider-Woman."
    Being honest, I really wouldn’t be too broken up about Ghost Spider not sticking or the prospect of them seeming to have dropped it entirely in favor of Spider-Woman. One thing I don’t get is why they didn’t just call the Book Spider-Woman considering Jessica Drew no longer has a solo so there’s nothing that would cause confusion.

I know a few people complained that the last book lacked action (though Gwen did fight some mooks) but I enjoyed the issue and it seems like the writer is setting up tons of situations for Gwen with these past 2 issues (which once again it seems issue 5 was the real issue one).
    We got these headaches from nowhere and Gwen seeing a bright light then losing memories of what happened. The symbiote goo spiders detaching/self generating new spiders (heading where or intention unknown). They seem to detach just after Gwen is around people she cares about.
    We got her business she is setting up and the legal work that was somewhat talked about with Betty (I like this issue seeing Gwen interacting with her cast).
    Currently Major Jameson is now praising her but that will change probably.
    Happy to see the Bodega Bandit again.
    Man Wolf gang attacking Gwen we know isn't the true danger. That will be Man Wolf himself and the big appearance of Earth-65 Jackal. We'll have to see how similar or different this Jackal is to 616.
    Plus on 616 Peter has had many battles against gangs and mob bosses so Gwen now having her share of a rogues gallery being setup beyond the Hand now.

The writer is planting many seeds in this series for Gwen to handle and each one will bloom in time to cause Gwen drama, action, and chaos all while we discover how similar or opposite every character is to whom we know plus Gwen interacting with her cast openly I always enjoy. I enjoy when 616 Peter intacted with his cast as they are apart of the world and series and connections as a whole and the same applies to other heroes also.

Also the artwork I like. It lacks the puck neon vibes as before but new artist teams you have to expect that each artist has there own style. I like seeing how expressive Gwen and the others are from this art and the lines are thin and clean while a slight sketch drawing look that I also enjoy seeing.