Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Because Marvel thinks people look at the heroes who selflessly save them and think 'that *******!'. In the context of Gwen's world, she was pinned for murdering Peter Parker (cause apparently they have the memory of goldfish and forgot about the GIANT RAMPAGING LIZARD). After a lot of shenanigans she went to prison and now she's a free hero...but of course some people still need someone to hate.
    Pretty much. And unfortunately, a lot of people are ungrateful jerks, especially when preconceived notions about who or what someone is enter the picture.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Someone made a Spider-Gwen animation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLTl...ature=youtu.be

Personally I think the model is a bit too muscled, but as the creator pointed out if the spider bite made Peter buff then Gwen should be no exception. The mask's expression also comes across as a bit too serious for me. Still a pretty great animation all around.

Also, apparently at least one person on the internet ships it:

BANNED

July's cover

I would also abandon Ghost Spider to hit those snare drums during live covers of St. Anger songs.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    July's cover

That was quick .

And the Ghost Spider name is basically superfluous now...

They're probably just doing something with the symbiote. We already know it's causing problems. Last issue ended with her deciding to go see Brock about it. That would explain a temporary retirement. I can see her then getting her old powers back, and altering her costume slightly (primarily the footwear, to match the Into the Spider-Verse movie). At that point she finally formally adopts the Ghost-Spider name.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Ugh, really? Again? You already did this!

Please tell me Gwen isn't losing her powers again. It was already annoying the first go around since she spent over 20 freaking issues reliant on power-ups and angsting about feeling helpless. We really don't need a second run of Gwen's life being **** on and her doubting her convictions.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Turns out both Miles and Spider-Gwen are going to be in the new Ultimate Alliance game.

The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Turns out both Miles and Spider-Gwen are going to be in the new Ultimate Alliance game.

I wonder if they'll get Laura Bailey back as Gwen for this? Will she be called Ghost Spider ?

Also curious how they'll differentiate her from the playstyle of the other spiders.

Maybe (it could be her VA from any of the cartoons, those being Marvel Rising, Disney XD Spider-Man, and Into the Spider-Verse).

Good question about the name, considering ITSV didn't use it.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe (it could be her VA from any of the cartoons, those being Marvel Rising, Disney XD Spider-Man, and Into the Spider-Verse).

Good question about the name, considering ITSV didn't use it.
    I think it's more likely that they'll have professional VA reprisal rather then Dove Cameron and especially Hailee Steinfeld.

Considering I expect Marvel to have more creative control on this then in ITSV, I would also not be surprised if they use Ghost Spider.

Fantastic Member

Something that came to mind - what happened to Ben and May? The final issue of Spider-Gwen ended with Gwen reuniting with all her friends and loved ones but not Ben, May and Harry. Harry's back, so what abiut those two? This is doubly weird considering Gwen's living at home again and they're her neighbors. Is Ben still so cheesed he's pretending Gwen doesn't exist and she's just resoonding in kind?

Ben and May didn't appear much at all though. They're not major characters.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ben and May didn't appear much at all though. They're not major characters.
    I could make the same argument for Bodega Bandit and the owner of the Dollar Dog and they got a page dedicated to them.

SPIDER-GWEN: GHOST-SPIDER #10
    SEANAN MCGUIRE (W) • TBA (A) • COVER BY BENGAL
    CARNAGE-IZED VARIANT COVER BY IBAN COELLO
    • After unmasking herself, waging a war for the fate of the Multiverse and nearly losing her father, Gwen Stacy has had a rough year...and it’s not about to get any easier!
    • ESPECIALLY when something’s started going wrong with the mysterious suit that gives her her abilities.
    • With no other choice, Gwen finds herself swinging through the skies of the Marvel Universe alongside special guest stars SPIDER-MAN and SPIDER-MAN, and finally embracing an all-new codename! We’ll give you three guesses…
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Whelp... she's off to 616, it seems.