Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Yeah. Google "ghost spider" and the first result is Spider-Gwen's Wikipedia article (which is titled Spider-Woman (Gwen Stacy)).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

I dunno why they keep trying to sell Harry Osborn. Gwen's best love interest has already been introduced:

Straight up, the dude once brought Gwen out of her slump by indirectly mentioning how Spider-Woman is the goodest of all:

It's rather twisted how Bodega Bandit, of all people is one of the few to notice Gwen's goodness of character. Still, this just makes it more ludicrous she's not dating this price specimen of a man! He can even be generous!

Tl;dr Harry Osborn is trash and Bodega Bandit is Best Boi.

PREVIEW: SPIDER-GWEN: GHOST-SPIDER #8
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive...host-spider-8/

Gwen doesn't know about the tiny gooey spiders she's emitting only that she's suffering a migraine. Here Gwen could of discovered this fact and plan accordingly to solutions and other discoveries however MJ going on the assault with Gwen already having a headache and Gloria telling Gwen to leave means Gwen won't have a discussion that would allow her to discover this fact. Though based on Em Jays's reaction Gwen wasn't going to have a discussion just assaults from an egoistic Em Jay.

Seriously I hope we have a flashback where we see Gwen and Em Jay meet. Gwen never been interested being a 'front woman' and being a drummer for bands drummers are so very important yet always are placed in the back Being 'friends' and bandmates you would think Em Jay would know this yet here Em Jay is quick to point daggers at Gwen, call her uncaring, and make assumptions. Gwen is happy to be treated as Gwen vs Spider-Woman which I get but as 'Gwen' Em Jay still makes her mad it seems every time they speak and often Em Jay does nothing but yell/argue with her. I can understand Gwen being a known superhero causes complications for the band as when Gwen's doing her other duty/job it takes time away plus has a chaotic schedule that can't be planned around for as things happen and many other factors going on in real life but Em Jay it seems can't put herself in understanding what is happening outside of her band, music, and potential fame as if nothing else exists including what might be happening to her 'friends'. Sometimes Em Jay is more perspective than others towards her fellow bandmates and times her own ego blinds her perspective greatly.

I really can't see how anybody could be friends with Em Jay based on her ego and selfish nature she radiates so often. I understand having a 'strong out there' personality that too much for some and just right for others and being a tough boss for the better of the whole but Em Jay often does so for the betterment of primary herself and her pride (the few times she does for others is great to see but often far apart). I would love to see the moment they met and became friends for some clarity as I can see how Gwen is friends with Betty and Gloria but Em Jay when she like this confuses me. The only way I see them together at all is music thus a professional connection by music but no friendship outside of it. That Em Jay sees Gwen as a friend truly and not using Gwen with her simply a means to an end for her drumming skills.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    PREVIEW: SPIDER-GWEN: GHOST-SPIDER #8
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive...host-spider-8/

Gwen doesn't know about the tiny gooey spiders she's emitting only that she's suffering a migraine. Here Gwen could of discovered this fact and plan accordingly to solutions and other discoveries however MJ going on the assault with Gwen already having a headache and Gloria telling Gwen to leave means Gwen won't have a discussion that would allow her to discover this fact. Though based on Em Jays's reaction Gwen wasn't going to have a discussion just assaults from an egoistic Em Jay.

Seriously I hope we have a flashback where we see Gwen and Em Jay meet. Gwen never been interested being a 'front woman' and being a drummer for bands drummers are so very important yet always are placed in the back Being 'friends' and bandmates you would think Em Jay would know this yet here Em Jay is quick to point daggers at Gwen, call her uncaring, and make assumptions. Gwen is happy to be treated as Gwen vs Spider-Woman which I get but as 'Gwen' Em Jay still makes her mad it seems every time they speak and often Em Jay does nothing but yell/argue with her. I can understand Gwen being a known superhero causes complications for the band as when Gwen's doing her other duty/job it takes time away plus has a chaotic schedule that can't be planned around for as things happen and many other factors going on in real life but Em Jay it seems can't put herself in understanding what is happening outside of her band, music, and potential fame as if nothing else exists including what might be happening to her 'friends'. Sometimes Em Jay is more perspective than others towards her fellow bandmates and times her own ego blinds her perspective greatly.

I really can't see how anybody could be friends with Em Jay based on her ego and selfish nature she radiates so often. I understand having a 'strong out there' personality that too much for some and just right for others and being a tough boss for the better of the whole but Em Jay often does so for the betterment of primary herself and her pride (the few times she does for others is great to see but often far apart). I would love to see the moment they met and became friends for some clarity as I can see how Gwen is friends with Betty and Gloria but Em Jay when she like this confuses me. The only way I see them together at all is music thus a professional connection by music but no friendship outside of it. That Em Jay sees Gwen as a friend truly and not using Gwen with her simply a means to an end for her drumming skills.
    Yeah, what is fucking up with MJ here? She's being such a bitch and it's odd. In the previous volume she was one of the most supportive of Gwen after finding out her identity and we see that finding out about Gwen's double life changed her for the better. Now she's suddenly turned around and accusing Gwen of being an attention whore who can't stand not being front and center and griping jealously that if she had powers things would be different. Are they trying to turn her into Earth-65 Venom ala Eddie Brock? Cause this sudden about face from her previous character development and behavior is a major turn off.

Makes you wonder if the cover of #10 is a misdirect. She's shown dumping her costume and going on stage with the band, but the solicit mentions 616 and the Spider-Men. Could Gwen be about to quit the band? We already know she's not actually quitting being a hero, and instead just finally adopting the Ghost-Spider codename.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Makes you wonder if the cover of #10 is a misdirect. She's shown dumping her costume and going on stage with the band, but the solicit mentions 616 and the Spider-Men. Could Gwen be about to quit the band? We already know she's not actually quitting being a hero, and instead just finally adopting the Ghost-Spider codename.
    Definitely seems like it. The summary is completely at odds with the image. Let's just hope this isn't a permanent team-up...

Looks like it IS. spoilers:
    She's alongside Peter, Miles, and Otto fighting Carnage and the Green Goblin in a preview page from the Spider-Man FCBD issue! I won't post it here, it's on Comic Vine.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-29-2019 at 09:58 AM.

BANNED

She's alongside Peter, Miles, and Otto fighting Carnage and the Green Goblin in a preview page from the Spider-Man FCBD issue! I won't post it here, there's a separate thread.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Even if there's a separate thread, I'm not posting the scan of the issue because it's a leak. I'll post it probably on Sunday when the issue comes out the Saturday prior
    end of spoilers

I just noticed that so I edited my post.

Fantastic Member

spoilers:
    Does her being present there really indicate a permanent team-up? She was also present in a team up with Spider-Man, Miles and Spider-Ham a few months ago and that wasn't a sign of permanent shift. Gwen's pretty notorious at this point for her constant dimensional team ups.
    end of spoilers

She's alongside Peter, Miles, and Otto fighting Carnage and the Green Goblin in a preview page from the Spider-Man FCBD issue! I won't post it here, it's on Comic Vine.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's not a teaser for a team-up, it seems more teasing the future antagonists/problems each hero will be dealing with in their respective books.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    That's not a teaser for a team-up, it seems more teasing the future antagonists/problems each hero will be dealing with in their respective books.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Looking closer I think you're right. If you check the sides you see solo villains like Earth-65 Manwolf or the centipede Demon Peter's fighting currently. This isn't a team-up, it's a mosh pit wallpaper
    end of spoilers

Issue 8.
    spoilers:
    Brock's vanished. And the symbiote is actively controlling Gwen - causing her to beat up some thugs too hard. Turns out the crooks are working for Man-Wolf - Miles Warren manages to get one of Gwen's spiders off one of them.

Oh crap. Someone just planted explosives at the Mary Janes concert - and Gwen couldn't stop it from detonating!
    end of spoilers

BANNED

spoilers:
    Oh crap. Someone just planted explosives at the Mary Janes concert - and Gwen couldn't stop it from detonating!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think UK fans will find that incident very near the knuckle considering the tragic Ariana Grande Manchester Concert bombing in 2017
    end of spoilers