Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

spoilers:
    First things first Gwen goes with Harry to visit Dr. Elsa Brock only to find out she's gone. Her office is abandoned, her name's not on the database and basically it's like she never existed. Really though, what did Gwen expect? Norman wasn't happy when he found out Elsa was working for the Kingpin so no shit she wouldn't be working there anymore. Did she think the non-criminal (apart from some tax evasion) Norman would really let her stay?

Incidentally, Gwen confirms that Matt Murdock is in fact in prison. Oddly she mentions her and Evil Cindy Moon and only comments on the prison bit to explain why they can't help her. Thing is, why the hell would she think that they would help her even if they could? Hell, why would she think Elsa would help her? Gwen was against all three of them and two are in prison because of her! Why the fuck would she think they would help her even if they weren't confined? Hell, why doesn't she mention Cap and SHIELD in general? This is just bizarre.

Anyway, we see later on that, yes, the symbiote is making her go cuckoo crazy. Not only are spiders spilling out everywhere but she's much more brutal with beating on thugs. Sadly one of her spiders stays in said thug at which point Miles Warren gets a sample of it. Oi vey, Earth-65 Clone Saga here we come!

We also get the context of MJ being such a bitch...and it's weak. The idea seems to be that she's really stressing out and wants the comeback gig to be perfect as perfect can be. And no, this in no way justifies her choice of insults of calling Gwen an attention whore or screaming that she doesn't care about the band.

Anyway, we finally get to the gig and someone rigged it with bombs. Yes, bombs plural. Gwen's able to block the stage with web but the crowd is fucked and explodes. Yeah, pretty sure at this point the band is dead. Their comeback gig literally started off with a bang and there's no way they'd ever be able to recover from this. Just another thing not tying Gwen to Earth-65 anymore...
    end of spoilers

On a non spoiler note, Gwen has...interesting choices in fashion. Either she doesn't get the context of the design or she's just being really morbid:

Also, apparently Gwen being a part of the Mary Janes isn't public knowledge? She definitely surprised people when she transformed:

Kinda surprising considering how InFamous she is. You'd think people would know that.

Fantastic Member

Also, something another person pointed out in Ghost Spider 8. When Gwen asks where MJ and Betty are this is how Glory responds:

Either Glory's making a joke or she's no longer dating MJ by the new comic run; which I wouldn't be surprised by given how abrasive and bitchy MJ is now. Still, it's yet more 'signs' people are taking for MJ to pair off with Gwen. Again nevermind that for all intents and purposes Gwen seems to be straight and only shows attraction to men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    spoilers:
    I think UK fans will find that incident very near the knuckle considering the tragic Ariana Grande Manchester Concert bombing in 2017
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Great point. I'm from the UK. A friend of my Dad's was there. She saw things you shouldn't. Feel for the victims, such an evil thing to do.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

Ghost Spider #10 Absolute Carnage variant cover:

Even when possessed by a mass murdering symbiotic monster that hood still doesn't come off.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post

Even when possessed by a mass murdering symbiotic monster that hood still doesn't come off.
    So now she's got a jacket again .

Also, apparently Gwen being a part of the Mary Janes isn't public knowledge? She definitely surprised people when she transformed:

Kinda surprising considering how InFamous she is. You'd think people would know that.
    Yeah, even if the rest of the band aren't famous, Gwen definitely is.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Only the second time in the Marvel Multiverse (a) Gwen Stacy became Carnage.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Two things. First, MJ's song is, yet again, most definitely about Gwen. Except this time instead of a pseudo-love song it kinda looks like passive aggressive insults towards her...and kinda threatening:

Second, the other part's lyrics are really weird. Another poster on a different thread commented that it seems like even more heavy foreshadowing for Mary Jane being Venom:

Seriously? "There is no justice just us so don't make a fuss it's the only conclusion to your weird delusion"? That seems oddly anti-heroic of MJ to think. At this point I'd be more surprised if Mary Jane isn't either going to be Venom or be the cause of some major fallout with Gwen cause the author's kinda laying it on thick.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, even if the rest of the band aren't famous, Gwen definitely is.
    Yeah, hence why it's weird someone goes 'What's Spider-Woman doing here'? Uh...that's the band she's the drummer of, no shit she's there. Actually, I'm surprised the band isn't getting a massive amount of gigs for people who just want Gwen to be there and don't give a shit about the the other three. That would actually give context to MJ's 'you only want to be on the spotlight!' complaint and make it more understandable, even if it would still be unfair for her to blame Gwen herself for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So now she's got a jacket again .
    ..And she's naked everywhere else. Scandalous!

Miyazawa's art is on-point .

Fantastic Member

To continue my previous post you can't deny that MJ's freaking obsessed with Gwen at this point. Both songs we've seen her do are about her! Gwen herself noticed it early on and seems annoyed:

If MJ's accusing Gwen of being an attention whore maybe she shouldn't make her songs so blatantly about Gwen? Cause she's kinda sending mixed messages.

Miyazawa's art is on-point.
    Yeah, though I do kinda miss Robbi's also. His version of Gwen was more tomboyish and stand-out, particularly with the short hair and lack of a headband. The artist for Ghost Spider 1-4 is my least favorite. Gwen's weird-ass spiked headband just looked bizarre and her fashion sense was kinda odd. Made her look like a teenager:

Yeah, though I do kinda miss Robbi's also. His version of Gwen was more tomboyish and stand-out, particularly with the short hair and lack of a headband. The artist for Ghost Spider 1-4 is my least favorite. Gwen's weird-ass spiked headband just looked bizarre and her fashion sense was kinda odd. Made her look like a teenager:
    Yeah contrasted with what I've seen of the relaunch artstyle Gwen definitely comes a little more feminine then she did in the original run, where it didn't really seem like she had a feminine bone in her body (not that that's a bad thing).

So it would appear.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

Yeah contrasted with what I've seen of the relaunch artstyle Gwen definitely comes a little more feminine then she did in the original run, where it didn't really seem like she had a feminine bone in her body (not that that's a bad thing).
    She doesn't really come across as any more feminine here, apart from the one time she wore a dress during her date with Harry. And even then she made a point she didn't wear heels and instead wore those unflattering teal flats instead.

Also, something another person pointed out in Ghost Spider 8. When Gwen asks where MJ and Betty are this is how Glory responds:

Either Glory's making a joke or she's no longer dating MJ by the new comic run; which I wouldn't be surprised by given how abrasive and bitchy MJ is now. Still, it's yet more 'signs' people are taking for MJ to pair off with Gwen. Again nevermind that for all intents and purposes Gwen seems to be straight and only shows attraction to men.
    Glory and Mary Jane are dating?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Glory and Mary Jane are dating?
    Yep. Old author confirmed it and we saw a panel of them snuggling bed together.