Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

OK, Doreen's behaviour there is in character - it's how Jonathan the wolverine ended up with X-23 (who was Wolverine at the time). But Gwen would never talk that way to Jess.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

I can see it as her just being snarky. After all, Jess did trick her into thinkng she'd melt handcuffs into her wrists at one point. Calling her granny is pretty fair.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Gets to the heart of the codename issue .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Somehow, I can hear this in their voices . . . and it still annoys me that Jessica hasn't featured in an animated Marvel adaptation since her old cartoon series. I mean, we've seen Julia (90s Iron Man cartoon and Ultimate Spider-Man), Anya (Marvel's Spider-Man), and Gwen everywhere (Ultimate Spider-Man, Marvel's Spider-Man, and Marvel Rising), but no Jessica . . . it's kind of disappointing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Somehow, I can hear this in their voices . . . and it still annoys me that Jessica hasn't featured in an animated Marvel adaptation since her old cartoon series. I mean, we've seen Julia (90s Iron Man cartoon and Ultimate Spider-Man), Anya (Marvel's Spider-Man), and Gwen everywhere (Ultimate Spider-Man, Marvel's Spider-Man, and Marvel Rising), but no Jessica . . . it's kind of disappointing.
    I think it's just a matter of where would she fit?

She's not really a Spider-Man character so she doesn't have much of place in his stories and right now the Avengers cartoons are all about the movie heroes and not much else. And those are really the only spots where I feel she could believably make an appearance.

Fantastic Member

Pretty sure she had a cartoon:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F91AoQ1wuyc

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's just a matter of where would she fit?

She's not really a Spider-Man character so she doesn't have much of place in his stories and right now the Avengers cartoons are all about the movie heroes and not much else. And those are really the only spots where I feel she could believably make an appearance.
    Point taken. Really missed opportunity for her to show up in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Still disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Pretty sure she had a cartoon:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F91AoQ1wuyc
    Yeah, she did, but that was nearly 40 years ago.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I still don't get the origin of "Ghost Spider". I mean, I get it with the guy who is half Spider-Man, half Ghost Rider. And the guy from the "Ultimate Spider-Man vs The Sinister 6" had teleportation, invisibility and phasing. But I don't get what turns Spider-Gwen into "Ghost Spider".

In universe, Miles coined the name during Spider-Geddon. The spiders thought Gwen was dead, when she'd only been sent to an AU that wasn't her own. He called her a ghost. And of course, in 616, seeing Gwen would be like seeing a ghost, as her 616 counterpart is deceased. It seems that it's during a visit to 616 that she'll finally adopt the moniker officially.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

How Endgame should have ended:

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    How Endgame should have ended:

Spider-Gwen continuing her bid to rule over all .

Fantastic Member

For her cheap, dollar store chair. All hail the Gwen.

Fantastic Member

Anyone notice how absurdly durable Gwen is even for a Spider? In canon she takes deep electrocution, Starktech repulsor blasts, superhuman strength blows and a pumpkin bomb - strong enough to destroy concrete structures - going off by her feet with little ill effects. While this is expected for a Spider Person, Peter at least has some broken bones and often needs time to recover. Gwen just gets back up, shows no bruising and never suffers from broken bones or injuries that force her to stay put and heal. At worst she gets dizzy for a bit then continues on as normal. Oh, and her costume remains miraculously intact.

I wonder if it's related to how her spider-sense is wonky and just flat out doesn't warn her about some attacks or does so when it's a millisecond from connecting and unable to be avoided. A form of compensation, maybe?

There's a simpler explanation. She's using a symbiote, remember. One of Venom's powers is a healing factor.