Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    I'm really looking forward to issue 5 so we can finally get some Earth-65 adventures. The summary notes things like MJ being a perfectionist or her dad wanting her to go to school, both of which I'm interested in. The latter especially is something I'm hoping the author tackles since, well, she's a public Superhero. Something tells me school life ain't exactly going to be simple. Ditto her band gigs since there's going to be a lot of people attending the concerts just cause they wanna see Spider-Gwen and don't give a crap about the actual music.
    That school thing is an error on the writer's part. Gwen was 19 when Spider-Verse happened. Thanks to that year in the slammer at the end of the previous volume, she's now at least 20, maybe 21. So shouldn't it be university, not school?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That school thing is an error on the writer's part. Gwen was 19 when Spider-Verse happened. Thanks to that year in the slammer at the end of the previous volume, she's now at least 20, maybe 21. So shouldn't it be university, not school?
    Yeah, that honestly makes a lot more sense to me. But honestly it might just be a pahtayto pahtahto thing.

Fantastic Member

Isn't university still referred to as school by people? Hell, I'm just glad we actually see her acknowledging uni. The first series bio tagged her as attending ESU, but she NEVER has a single scene there, which makes it seem like she and the band are subsisting on gigs to pay for themselves. Doesn't help that the few times we see them hanging out they're always clubbing or going for takeout.

It's usually called college, not school.

And Gwen wasn't relying on the Mary Janes for money, she did have a job.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

In the states, it’s usually university or college but that doesn’t disqualify someone from calling it a ‘school.’

college is still school because only nerds go to it
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

I do like the alternate costumes Gwen had:

I loved how she used the symbiote to blend in when she traveled between universes.

The Marvel Rising special "Chasing Ghosts" with Gwen/Ghost Spider will premier on the Marvel HQ Youtube channel on January 16th:

For those interested. Chapter Fourteen of my What If Gwen Stacy Never Died? story is posted. Spider-Man saves a very grateful Black Cat and Peter receives an offer from J. Jonah Jameson he can't refuse -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1276833...wined-Destines

If so inclined, enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Marvel Rising special "Chasing Ghosts" with Gwen/Ghost Spider will premier on the Marvel HQ Youtube channel on January 16th:

Ah yes, Gwen's arch-enemy: a squirrel. Here's hoping she finally gets proven innocent, cause her being blamed always felt really freaking dumb. Also, did the animation and character designs get better somehow or is that just my imagination? The teal spider on Gwen's back in particular is less tick-like and is much more angular and sharp.

Ah yes, Gwen's arch-enemy: a squirrel. Here's hoping she finally gets proven innocent, cause her being blamed always felt really freaking dumb. Also, did the animation and character designs get better somehow or is that just my imagination? The teal spider on Gwen's back in particular is less tick-like and is much more angular and sharp.
    But Spiders getting unjustly blamed is a common Multiverse situation. Unless they want to take some heat when being a spy like Cindy/Silk did then they can't win getting bad public image. Whatever happens the Multiverse love hurting all Spiders Public Image in amazing, bad communication, not what it looks like, have to take some heat for the greater good, or 'these people are so thick' ways.

Wouldn't be shocked when making this show they might read what the fans say and make changes plus advance when they can.

image.jpg

Writer: Seanan McGuire
    Artist: Takeshi Miyazawa

• Struggling to find her place as SPIDER-WOMAN in a city that seems to revere her and hate her in equal measure, GWEN STACY has taken matters into her own hands by becoming a hero for hire!
    • That should make her first date with Harry Osborn a breeze, right? After all, how many people could REALLY need Spider-Woman’s help, after all?

Hero for Hire was not really the path I saw this taking, but I'm kinda intrigued.

Why is the book called Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider if she's STILL called Spider-Woman?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why is the book called Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider if she's STILL called Spider-Woman?
    Spider-Gwen is mostly an editorial title to distinguish her from Jessica Drew, since Marvel still wants to market Jessica as Spider-Woman and hasn't yet figured out that just as Peter, Miles, and Otto can all be marketed as Spider-Man, so Jessica and Gwen can both be marketed as Spider-Woman.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

You missed the point of my post. The Ghost-Spider part is what I was questioning. Apparently, she's not officially adopting it as her codename at all.