Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 447
  1. #286
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's a simpler explanation. She's using a symbiote, remember. One of Venom's powers is a healing factor.
    Except these incidents were long before she got a symbiote and during her baseline power days.

  2. #287
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    232

    Default

    I wonder the exact date and the circumstances behind Helen Stacy's death. Gwen implies in Ghost Spider #4 she died when she was a baby but then there was this picture:



    Also, 65-Helen looks like 616-Gwen. Wonder if Gwen's headband is her mom's? Would add to why she wears it despite her generally not seeming like the type to wear headbands.

  3. #288
    Fantastic Member Maestro 216's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Worried she will be cancelled again. Her numbers in the sales are close to 100.

  4. #289
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Worried she will be cancelled again. Her numbers in the sales are close to 100.
    Pretty unlikely comsidering her recent push in Spiderverse and videogames. That and she's higher than comics like Champions and Spider-Man/Deadpool, which are both ongoing and also older than her run.

    Also, should probably point out she was never cancelled. Latour had to end his run for personal reasons iirc and it didn't take long for Seanan Macguire to take the reins.

  5. #290
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    16,191

    Default

    It was Rodriguez, the artist, who had personal reasons to go (so I was surprised to see him turn up on Goddess Mode, a DC Vertigo book). Latour just considered his story to be complete, I think.

  6. #291
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Gwen's gonna atick around; I'm just worried that Earth-65 isn't going to. Admittedly I'd be bummed but less so now given how lacking Gwen's supporting cast has been lately, especially Mary Jane. If they fo import her to 616 I'm hoping she at least gets decent characters to bounce off of rather than having to share with Miles or Peter, though admittedly I'd love to see her interacting with 616 MJ or have Jackal explode when he sees her.

  7. #292
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Gwen's gonna atick around; I'm just worried that Earth-65 isn't going to. Admittedly I'd be bummed but less so now given how lacking Gwen's supporting cast has been lately, especially Mary Jane. If they fo import her to 616 I'm hoping she at least gets decent characters to bounce off of rather than having to share with Miles or Peter, though admittedly I'd love to see her interacting with 616 MJ or have Jackal explode when he sees her.
    I would really like to see how Mary Jane would react to Earth-65 Gwen. It would be really interesting.

  8. #293
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Gwen's gonna atick around; I'm just worried that Earth-65 isn't going to. Admittedly I'd be bummed but less so now given how lacking Gwen's supporting cast has been lately, especially Mary Jane
    MJ seems to have taken massive steps backwards since the title relaunched.

  9. #294
    Fantastic Member Maestro 216's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    371

    Default

    How would the 616 world react to 65 Gwen being around?

  10. #295
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    How would the 616 world react to 65 Gwen being around?
    "Oh fuck, another Spider? Vary it up!" - Earth 616 citizen, probably.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    MJ seems to have taken massive steps backwards since the title relaunched.
    Yeah, she's just been awful all around with the peak hitting the latest issue. It'll take a lot of explaining to either turn her around and/or make the audience forgive.

  11. #296
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,738

    Default

    Yeah, I don't think anybody would bat an eye at yet another spider-person swinging around New York.

    I think the only people who would care would be anyone who actually knew the dead Gwen Stacy (which isn't a long list).

  12. #297
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Ok Spider-Gwen fans, a question for you.

    I've followed this series sort of in passing. I read the first miniseries, and the first couple issues of the ongoing. Dig the world, like the concept. And any Gwen Stacy that doesn't exist just to die off is cool in my book. But I really love her costume. I think it's a great visual, and really striking. It's what drew me to the character in the first place. (Similar to the Flash Thompson Venom, man I loved that look. The Agent Venom design is what got me reading that series.) But she's got the weirdly random blue footwear going on. It works, but it feels kind of random.

    My question, shallow as it is, is thusly: do you guys prefer the comic design, where just the soles of her feet and the toes are teal, or the Into the Spider-Verse movie design, where they are more like teal ballet slippers? Personally, I dig the changes from Into the Spider-Verse. It adds more color to the otherwise weakest part of her outfit. And, personally, it adds a little bit more feminine touch that the costume doesn't necessarily have on it's own. It's a great suit in either variation, but I'm curious what her hardcore fanbase thinks.

  13. #298
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Ok Spider-Gwen fans, a question for you.

    I've followed this series sort of in passing. I read the first miniseries, and the first couple issues of the ongoing. Dig the world, like the concept. And any Gwen Stacy that doesn't exist just to die off is cool in my book. But I really love her costume. I think it's a great visual, and really striking. It's what drew me to the character in the first place. (Similar to the Flash Thompson Venom, man I loved that look. The Agent Venom design is what got me reading that series.) But she's got the weirdly random blue footwear going on. It works, but it feels kind of random.

    My question, shallow as it is, is thusly: do you guys prefer the comic design, where just the soles of her feet and the toes are teal, or the Into the Spider-Verse movie design, where they are more like teal ballet slippers? Personally, I dig the changes from Into the Spider-Verse. It adds more color to the otherwise weakest part of her outfit. And, personally, it adds a little bit more feminine touch that the costume doesn't necessarily have on it's own. It's a great suit in either variation, but I'm curious what her hardcore fanbase thinks.
    Personally I don't like the teal coloration period. Supposedly it's to match her teal weblines but the lines themselves are so thin that it just makes the shoes stand out really unnaturally. Some fan designs change the shoes to white and it looks far less jarring to me than the teal.

    I do like the ballet flats in Spiderverse, but not for their color. I like them cause it adds a personalized touch to Gwen's design. Anyone can wear a hood, Ben Reilly and the various Spidersonas do so, but the flats are unique to that Gwen and fit character-wise since that version is a trained and graceful ballet dancer, contrasting the unskilled and sloppy comic version.

  14. #299
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    16,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I don't think anybody would bat an eye at yet another spider-person swinging around New York.

    I think the only people who would care would be anyone who actually knew the dead Gwen Stacy (which isn't a long list).
    And they wouldn't care about Ghost Spider, who they wouldn't know is Gwen. They'd only be concerned with Gwen as a civilian.

  15. #300
    Incredible Member AngelJD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    862

    Default

    Wanting to write a short bit based on the last page of this thread to Gwen's powers plus other matters.

    The storyline involving the headband and why it might be important that it once beyond to Gwen's mother Helen could be a emotional and great storyline if done right. What we know of Helen it seems came mostly from Lacour's writings in the bios that i loved reading from each issue (they were a huge highlight for me plus help reads to understand some characters and tone of Lacour much faster vs the slow burn issues presented).
    It seems on Earth-65 Helen was a fantastic mother and it seemed she valued the arts. Wouldn't be shocked if Helen was a hippie type while Captain Stacy was the opposite and they were like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Captain Stacy loved her very much. We can assume she is dead (I think in the bio it says she died but how was left open).

    For powers maybe they can put it that Gwen's Spider-Senses are not as strong as other Spiders (which is different as many of the oher female spiders seems to have far stronger spider senses then the males) but she makes up for that in speed to react when they do go off plus a far stronger healing abilities then the other Spiders allowing her to take a hit and come right back.
    One of the aspect I felt would benefit all the Spider heroes was having different powers allowing for better individual hero identities and potentials. Miles Morales has camouflage and that Venom blast powers and I feel that was wise and help make Miles stand out vs copying the same abilities from Peter.

    That written what powers/abilities does other feel Gwen could have or have manifest in time for abilities of her own that can serve her well and have her stand out from the pack of Spiders?


    Lastly I love the father Captain Stacy (who was the 2nd main character and partner for Gwen in Lacour's run) and he remains a high favorite of Gwen's cast, plus Harry is good here and the Bodega Bandit but her bandmate (mostly Em Jay) was stronger in the last half of Lacour's run. Hope the writer has plans for Em Jay as the last issues felt like a step back for her.

    To me many times we focus on the main characters but forget the importance of a superb cast/ensemble setup and charazations. For me Ms Marvel series is one of my all time favorite runs not just because I loved Kamala Khan/Ms MArvel but I equally loved her diverse well made charazations and interactions cast from that series. Each who was their own character and had tales and developments. Bruno, Mike, Nakia, Zoe, the uber cool Imam Khatib that gives great advice to Kamala and Kamala's Family. There was a short story arc with just Kamala's cast taking over protecting New Jersey and showing support for Ms Marvel while Ms MArvel was gone and lastly around issue 50 it was revealed that Kamala's friends all knew Kamala was Ms Marvel when told as they deduced it at some points in time knowing Kamala well.

    Earth-65 isn't 616 thus new unexpected story elements can happen and characters. That is a power of a Multiverse Earth. In the first 3 issues of this latest vol the Gwen Goblin and MJ of that Multiverse friendship and love for each other that I enjoyed and I was hoping might indicated how the new writer might handle Em Jay and Gwen of 65 but right now I hope things turn around. I do think there's potential in reading a Spider hero whose identity is known publicly as we don't have that long term wise for any Spider hero made so if done right can bring interesting new stories and dilemmas not told often from other Spider Multiverses. Right now things are looking bleak (but for heroes bleek is normal but I do hope we see some brightness, friendships, and fun in turn).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •