Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of surprised that they actually seem to be going to the effort to develop a dynamic between Gwen and 616 Peter.

I'm still waiting for her to meet 616 MJ...
    Not surprised. Ever since their ONE interaction in Spider-Verse (the comic) people have been angling for the two to get together, even rather hypocritically claiming that Miles (16 turning 17) and Gwen (19) romance is skeevy cause of the age gap and yet saying Gwen (19) and Peter (29-30) is absolutely fine. Legality isn't even the issue given New York's age of consent is 17 and the age gap gives leeway.

I really want her to meet 616 MJ and Matt. It'd be freaking hilarious, particularly the latter.

Your ages aren't quite right there - and the correct ones only reinforce the point. Miles had a birthday in his annual last year and the solicit for September's issue says he's having another, so he'll definitely be 18 (so definitely legal). Gwen spent a year in jail and thus is now 20-21. Peter you overestimated - he's 28-29, no older. The Fantastic Four origin was 14 years ago and Peter's was shortly after.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

I don't want her dating either spider-boy.

It's lame. Been lame, continues to be lame.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Gwen should've seen this coming:

Any Spider-Fan expert would have seen this coming. Comes to me that, if 616's Gwen Stacy is still alive (because there's no clear proof she died back in Clone Conspiracy), the Jackal could try to use Spider-Gwen's DNA to stabilize her and even turn her into a local version of "Spider-Gwen". And that's just the "best case", because a sick mind like Miles Warren's could think even sicker ideas with Spider-Gwen's DNA.

Gwen should've seen this coming:

GHOST-SPIDER #3
    SEANAN McGUIRE (W) • TAKESHI MIYAZAWA (A)
    Cover by JORGE MOLINA
    MARY JANE VARIANT COVER BY RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    Worlds Collide!
    • Gwen Stacy of Earth-65 has decided to enroll in class at Empire State University in the Marvel Universe! Now, she’ll be taking classes down the hall from Peter Parker, your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man!
    • But things aren’t as safe as they may seem. Peter’s not the only person in the Marvel Universe who may recognize Gwen Stacy, and not all of them share his noble intentions…
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Yup, everyone knew this day would come although I was hoping against hope that it wouldn't...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Any Spider-Fan expert would have seen this coming. Comes to me that, if 616's Gwen Stacy is still alive (because there's no clear proof she died back in Clone Conspiracy), the Jackal could try to use Spider-Gwen's DNA to stabilize her and even turn her into a local version of "Spider-Gwen". And that's just the "best case", because a sick mind like Miles Warren's could think even sicker ideas with Spider-Gwen's DNA.
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a Gwen Reilly came from this and that one decided to go to Earth-65 so it doesn't get screwed over by Gwen schooling in another dimension. I mean, in the solicits they mention dorms, which indicates she's there for the long hahl.

What, you're thinking that Gwen will be cloned, and then Gwen will send the duplicate (who'd have all her memories) back to Earth-65 - basically meaning Gwen would be in both worlds at the same time? That won't work. Gwen came to 616 for a reason, and a clone would have the same problems since everyone would think she's the original.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

It's theories like that that really convince me that forum goers should never be allowed to write actual comics.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    It's theories like that that really convince me that forum goers should never be allowed to write actual comics.
    Hey I don't like the idea of it, but Marvel's done clone shenanigans before. That and again the mentions of Gwen staying at dorms really makes me skeptical Earth-65 will be featured in more than just a cameo.

Fantastic Member

Holy moly, look at this cover! It's Amazing!

Looks almost like a photo. Who's it by?

Fantastic Member

Shannon Maer according to the original poster.

Indeed she is *uh um* I mean the cover is amazing yeah it is amazing.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-01-2019 at 01:40 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Skintight costume in the rain? That's got to be uncomfortable .

I was very impressed with the details, textures, and the effects on this artwork. Made me look up the artist and what else was made by Shannon Maer and the artwork I found I can see the artist has a set style to the art. Rain isn't easy to pull off but here from the water effects to the small puddles found in the rain and a bit of a glistering look on Gwen with some water bouncing or slight dripping off looks fantastic. Gwen looks stunning. Wish the webbings was more of the neon blue but everything has a professional realistic oil type painting to her that I enjoy seeing.
    The rain and semi lit alleyway reminds me of the first Spider-man movie which I don't know what inspired the artist to draw/paint her in this setting and rain but a Spider in a alleyway and rain yet a calmness and beauty is stunning.

Overall I'm impressed. Content wise I find myself while enjoying visually the 'female cheesecake' type of art I might see from time to time I often prefer having content with the female characters that is fun looking, heartwarming, or unique and well made showcase's Gwen/Spider-Woman/Ghost-Spider showcasing her strength and heroism plus mobility of her powers with her mask on like Peter and Miles covers would have them wearing their masks if suited up. However the art style and a special vibe this work gives off has me really enjoying it and is something I feel I could frame and hang up on a wall of great artworks.

I like the 1:25 and the regular cover (the 1:50 was nice but I found a bit lacking compared to the other covers) however I'm willing to spend the extra money on this to have the cover (to a certain price point however so I'll have to see).

Also as far as found covers goes to share I found this cover recently from artist Clayton Crain

Plus here is the 1:25 cover from artist Gomez:
    Last edited by AngelJD; 08-02-2019 at 03:31 PM.