Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

To be exact, there's a Stark scholarship for anyone who is a clone, an alien, from another dimension, and/or has superpowers. Gwen meets two of those criteria. Peter had to tell the Dean Gwen's secret identity, but it means she gets her education for free. Because, like I said, Tony's coughing up.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-21-2019 at 11:22 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    To be exact, there's a Stark scholarship for anyone who is a clone, an alien, from another dimension, and/or has superpowers. Gwen meets two of those criteria. Peter had to tell the Dean Gwen's secret identity, but it means she gets her education for free. Because, like I said, Tony's coughing up.
    That's... Thoughtful, when the hell did Stark do that? Lol

Fantastic Member

Thoughts on the issue.

spoilers:

So Gwen's schooling is half resolved - we know how she gets into ESU but we're not sure how she thinks this degree will work for her back in Earth-65. She also spends the entire issue hanging out with Peter (and not Miles despite the cover) and it shows the two have transitioned into a friendly, pseudo-sibling like relationship despite their initial awkwardness. Their interaction with each other as heroes and after they saved a mom and daughter pair - with Gwen accidentally freaking the kid out because spiders - was nice.

Back on the Earth-65 side Captain Stacy is welcomed back into the police force while Jameson proves he's an utter hypocrite by springing his son from jail and making sure the arrest won't be on record. This is bullshit on so many levels. Captain Stacy argues that Manwolf tried to kill his daughter while Jameson snarks that she's a vigilante and for all we know she tried to kill him. Fair enough...except for the fact that he bombed a fucking concert. Seriously, how the **** is Jameson gonna spin the no doubt dozens of bodies that resulted from that? Blame it on Gwen bombing her own concert? This is so dumb. I don't fucking care if Jonah's the mayor, this wouldn't fly since his son went from crime boss to terrorist and people are gonna want answers on who the **** exploded a crowded venue.

Oh and the end of the issue has Gwen running into Miles Warren in Earth-616 while Miles Warren from Earth-65 is planning something with Venom. Makes me tentatively hopeful we'll actually get a good two-dimensions balance.

Also, we get the reveal of Venom's power loss and instability: Gwen just isn't eating enough. No, seriously, apparently Gwen's just not eating enough symbiote compatible food - cellulose in this case - and this is why she wakes up covered in spiders and goes nuts when fighting. To say I'm underwhelmed would be a massive understatement. This was the plot revelation that was set up issues in advance - that Gwen needed to eat more wheat bread? I knew she had to keep her powers but come on, seriously? Imagine if the cartoon symbiote saga solved Peter's rage issues by having him just eat a boatload of chocolate and tater tots. Really kills the tension, guys.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

Spider vs Wolf: Match of the Fursonas

SEANAN McGUIRE (W) • TAKESHI MIYAZAWA (A) • Cover by JORGE MOLINA
    2099 VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    Gwendoline Maxine Stacy has it all – she’s the drummer of a punk rock band, attending college in the Marvel Universe, and moonlights as a radioactive, web-slinging super hero!
    But familiar predators from Earth-65 and the Marvel Universe alike have been stalking this spider across campus, including Miles Warren, aka THE JACKAL!
    • Known for his dangerous obsession with Gwen, Miles won’t stop until she’s his, and his alone…

Oddly enough the summary makes no indiciation of Man-Wolf, and he's tinted green for some reason. Oh well, here's hoping Gwen finally puts him in his place and pays him and Jameson back for all the **** they pulled. Jonah's plot armor is in dire need of some denting.
    Last edited by eratas123; 08-22-2019 at 11:45 PM.

Astonishing Member

Any thoughts on Ghost Spider #1 and the 50th issue by LGY number?

This was my first issue of ghost spider...i only picked it up to meet the minimum to use my debt card for this weeks comics (with superman year 1 and Power of X). I really liked it.

So i need to dig up more info, all i knew going in was "at dimension gwen stacy got spider powers then her version of uncle ben was boyfriend peter parker dieing" now i am like "wait she has. Symbiot...one made of spiders... and she has a device that lets her switch dimensions...

Off to wiki
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

lol, this wasn't new reader friendly. The tldr is, during Spider-Women, a crossover with Spider-Woman and Silk, Silk's evil Earth-65 counterpart revealed she'd created the spider that empowered Gwen - and she depowers her. For a while, she has to rely on Power Up pills provided by Matt Murdock, the Kingpin. Eventually, she obtains the Venom symbiote, in an arc called Gwenom. That repowers her. Then she decided to turn herself in, leading to a year in jail. After getting released, her secret identity is kaput (that's the point Jason Latour's run ends), and the combination of a criminal record and the fact she's super-powered mean she has problems with both enrolling in college and getting a job (as seen in Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider). So she decides to go to 616 to study.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

So...are the Parkers dead? The story pretends they don't exist despite the role they played in Latour's run.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Spider vs Wolf: Match of the Fursonas

SEANAN McGUIRE (W) • TAKESHI MIYAZAWA (A) • Cover by JORGE MOLINA
    2099 VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    Gwendoline Maxine Stacy has it all – she’s the drummer of a punk rock band, attending college in the Marvel Universe, and moonlights as a radioactive, web-slinging super hero!
    But familiar predators from Earth-65 and the Marvel Universe alike have been stalking this spider across campus, including Miles Warren, aka THE JACKAL!
    • Known for his dangerous obsession with Gwen, Miles won’t stop until she’s his, and his alone…

Oddly enough the summary makes no indiciation of Man-Wolf, and he's tinted green for some reason. Oh well, here's hoping Gwen finally puts him in his place and pays him and Jameson back for all the **** they pulled. Jonah's plot armor is in dire need of some denting.
    I don't remember ever seeing Gwen's mask ripped before. That's kind of cool.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't remember ever seeing Gwen's mask ripped before. That's kind of cool.
    Oddly her eye masks are drawn like cracked glass even though it always looked like cloth before and she's wearing a symbiote now.

Oddly her eye masks are drawn like cracked glass even though it always looked like cloth before and she's wearing a symbiote now.
    ...Huh. Weird visual when you look at it that way .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    lol, this wasn't new reader friendly. The tldr is, during Spider-Women, a crossover with Spider-Woman and Silk, Silk's evil Earth-65 counterpart revealed she'd created the spider that empowered Gwen - and she depowers her. For a while, she has to rely on Power Up pills provided by Matt Murdock, the Kingpin. Eventually, she obtains the Venom symbiote, in an arc called Gwenom. That repowers her. Then she decided to turn herself in, leading to a year in jail. After getting released, her secret identity is kaput (that's the point Jason Latour's run ends), and the combination of a criminal record and the fact she's super-powered mean she has problems with both enrolling in college and getting a job (as seen in Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider). So she decides to go to 616 to study.
    Thanks
    It got me hooked for now
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Fantastic Member

Marvel Rising: Battle of the Bands coming out on August 28

It's Gwen focused again Looks like she'll be dealing with the typical Spider-Gwen issues of balancing her hero and non-hero lives along with more interactions with the Mary Janes. Judging from some of the screens this version of Gwen also seems to be a singer in addition to drumming, which really isn't surprising given her VA.

Only thing I'm wondering about is where Daisy is. Is she taking a sabbatical?

This was just announced as well.

Marvel Rising: Battle of the Bands coming out on August 28

It's Gwen focused again Looks like she'll be dealing with the typical Spider-Gwen issues of balancing her hero and non-hero lives along with more interactions with the Mary Janes. Judging from some of the screens this version of Gwen also seems to be a singer in addition to drumming, which really isn't surprising given her VA.

Only thing I'm wondering about is where Daisy is. Is she taking a sabbatical?
    Juggling a hero and civilian life? Typical Spider-Person problems .

Is MJ's hair less red here for some reason? It seems more subdued.

Is the villain supposed to be Screaming Mimi?

I wonder if they're ever going to address Spider-Man on this series.