Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Funny enough, who got and/or read the Ghost-Spider Annual that came out today?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Bit more worldbuilding - apparently Black Widow exists in Earth-65?

Given Gwen mentioning 'viewtube' and Earth-616 using regular names, it leans towards yet another Earth-65 hero. Unless they made her evil like in Ultimate. Ah well, at least Gwen's actually learning some actual fighting stuff, even if she blatantly stole that scissor grapple.

She could've been watching Viewtube at school. Which she was at earlier that day. So, no, this doesn't confirm the existance of Earth-65 Natasha Romanoff.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She could've been watching Viewtube at school. Which she was at earlier that day. So, no, this doesn't confirm the existance of Earth-65 Natasha Romanoff.
    Just reminds me that they could be expanding on the world of Earth-65 instead of having Gwen spending more time in 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Just reminds me that they could be expanding on the world of Earth-65 instead of having Gwen spending more time in 616.
    If only
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I did like the meta from the writer through Ghost-Spider Gwen condemning how the character of Gwen Stacy is reduced to just being "the victim," though. Very on the nose, but in a genre that's had a very hard time historically with female characters as more than just tools to get the plot moving in a certain direction or other, perhaps deserved.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Except last I checked 616 uses regular names - when Cindy was let out of the bunker she uses RL names like netscape navigator, facebook and, yes, youtube. Earth-65 is the weirdo dimension that replaces everything with alternatives - Brooklyn 88, youwebs, Professor Pop etc etc.

That's not exclusively a Spider-Gwen thing. They're not very consistent, sometimes it's fake names, sometimes it's the real ones. But the fake names seem to come up more with books starring teens, especially with social media.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_con...&v=oUfqA-QX7W4

Welp, guess Gwen continues to not give a **** about having a secret identity. I’m sure this won’t bite her in the ass in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_con...&v=oUfqA-QX7W4

Welp, guess Gwen continues to not give a **** about having a secret identity. I’m sure this won’t bite her in the ass in any way.
    I'm really wondering how they're going to justify her wearing a mask now and going by a codename given how she absolutely did not care about it in the last season and still doesn't seem all that fussed about it now (unless a hoodie is supposed to effectively hide her identity).

On-top of that...once she puts the costume on again, how is no one going to put two-and-two together that the new Spider-Woman wearing the costume Gwen Stacy wore during Spider-Island...is Gwen Stacy?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm really wondering how they're going to justify her wearing a mask now and going by a codename given how she absolutely did not care about it in the last season and still doesn't seem all that fussed about it now (unless a hoodie is supposed to effectively hide her identity).

On-top of that...once she puts the costume on again, how is no one going to put two-and-two together that the new Spider-Woman wearing the costume Gwen Stacy wore during Spider-Island...is Gwen Stacy?
    Guessing she'll just be an open hero and not give a crap about it. Since she was open with her identity in the last season the people loved her and even Jameson didn't **** on her, so maybe she thinks an open face policy is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Anya pretends to be Ghost-Spider and appears alongside Gwen, so everyone thinks that the new "Spider-Gwen" is a different person.

Guessing she'll just be an open hero and not give a crap about it. Since she was open with her identity in the last season the people loved her and even Jameson didn't **** on her, so maybe she thinks an open face policy is the way to go.
    She's going to be wearing the mask so there has to be a reason why she's covering her face this time around.

She's not even an active hero now so I don't think Jameson has much reason to go after her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Anya pretends to be Ghost-Spider and appears alongside Gwen, so everyone thinks that the new "Spider-Gwen" is a different person.
    I could see them doing that. But still .

Fantastic Member

Comics Gwen wears a mask long after her identity is revealed. Could just be to make a more complete outfit or because she doesn’t want to get smacked by bugs while webswinging.

Comics Gwen wears a mask long after her identity is revealed. Could just be to make a more complete outfit or because she doesn’t want to get smacked by bugs while webswinging.
    I think it would be a reverse issue now. If she felt the mask completed the costume I think she would have had it on last season or bothered coming up with a codename, but I think there will be factors in this story that make her need to hide who she is.

Or at least I hope the writers have thought it through that far.