Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    They did that because of Gwen commuting to 616, and I'm almost willing to bet she'll become Marvel's equivalent of Power Girl and move permanently eventually.

Although if that happens, hope it's without that cleavage window, and if she does have a cleavage window, hope it's without a Spider-Symbol, we've had something similar to that when Sue had a "4" cleavage window, and that was stupid enough .
    I agree, I get the feeling that’s what it’s all leading up to as well. Personally I rather they just leave Gwen and miles in their own universes let them go by the titles they have instead of sharing it or name changes. I really hope they don’t end up axing earth 65 in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Technically, yes. A change was necessary. First, "Spider-Woman" is overused; and second, "Spider-Gwen" spoils the whole "Secret Identity".

But I never got the thing abour "Ghost Spider". That name could actually match Miles Morales, because of the invisibility and the venom sting. In "Ultimate Spider-Man vs The Sinister 6", we had a clone of Spider-Man named "Ghost Spider" who had powers similar to Miles, plus teleportation. (It was actually based on Anthro, from Deathweb).
    Champions actually gave Miles a fitting name in the Weirdworld arc. Shadow Spider. If he ever stops being Spider-Man he should use that.

They did that because of Gwen commuting to 616, and I'm almost willing to bet she'll become Marvel's equivalent of Power Girl and move permanently eventually.

Although if that happens, hope it's without that cleavage window, and if she does have a cleavage window, hope it's without a Spider-Symbol, we've had something similar to that when Sue had a "4" cleavage window, and that was stupid enough .
    I know that bit about the cleavage window is a joke (though I do suspect you're right about her ending up in 616 full time), and I honestly wouldn't expect any major changes to her costume. Adaptations have added a spider symbol or changed her shoes, but the basic design was kept the same.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-25-2019 at 05:38 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Champions actually gave Miles a fitting name in the Weirdworld arc. Shadow Spider. If he ever stops being Spider-Man he should use that.

I know that bit about the cleavage window is a joke (though I do suspect you're right about her ending up in 616 full time), and I honestly wouldn't expect any major changes to her costume. Adaptations have added a spider symbol or changed her shoes, but the basic design was kept the same.
    Well, adaptations make some changes in costumes from time to time, it'd be weird if Gwen was the exception lol.

I just wonder what they'll do to make Gwen move permanently, easiest way is just nuking her Earth (Like it happened with Miles, and Power Girl), but considering that Gwen is willingly commuting between her Earth and 616's, maybe she'll just decide to switch Earths and sometimes come back to her own? That'd kinda suck though lol.

I think the commuting thing is just Marvel playing safe though, if they're considering to make Gwen move, they're probably making her commute to see how fans react, if they approve, then she moves to 616, if not, she stays in 65, or maybe the middle ground where she has adventures in both, like it's being done now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    It would be indecent to have an underage girl using Power Girl's hole.
    I mean, she's going to college, that means she's at least 18 now lol.

I'd just find it funny if they do give her a cleavage window, not only that would confirm her status as "Marvel's Power Girl", but it'd also have this situation with her trying to show off her small boobs with a cleavage window lol.

I mean, she's going to college, that means she's at least 18 now lol.

I'd just find it funny if they do give her a cleavage window, not only that would confirm her status as "Marvel's Power Girl", but it'd also have this situation with her trying to show off her small boobs with a cleavage window lol.
    She doesn't really act like it, but I think she's pretty close to legal drinking age by now.

Fantastic Member

She has ti be about 21 now considering at least 1 year and 6 months pass from the trial and jail sentence alone and she was 19 at the start of Spider-Gwen. Then again Black Cat was tagged as ‘mid 20’s’ in her recent solo run so Gwen probably de-aged or something.

Gwen SHOULD be 21, but they're still treating her as a teenager, which would mean she's still 19 like how she started. Maybe they should've had Latour write that jail term as being shorter... a few months would've sufficed, it didn't need to be a full year.

The recap page of Ghost-Spider totally ignores the jail time. "Months ago, teenage Gwen Stacy was bitten by a mutated spider".

I just wonder what they'll do to make Gwen move permanently, easiest way is just nuking her Earth (Like it happened with Miles, and Power Girl), but considering that Gwen is willingly commuting between her Earth and 616's, maybe she'll just decide to switch Earths and sometimes come back to her own? That'd kinda suck though lol.

I think the commuting thing is just Marvel playing safe though, if they're considering to make Gwen move, they're probably making her commute to see how fans react, if they approve, then she moves to 616, if not, she stays in 65, or maybe the middle ground where she has adventures in both, like it's being done now.
    The problem is, if they get rid of Earth-65, she loses most of her supporting cast. They can't bring the Mary Janes over as they all have 616 counterparts.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-25-2019 at 05:02 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Gwen SHOULD be 21, but they're still treating her as a teenager, which would mean she's still 19 like how she started. Maybe they should've had Latour write that jail term as being shorter... a few months would've sufficed, it didn't need to be a full year.

The recap page of Ghost-Spider totally ignores the jail time. "Months ago, teenage Gwen Stacy was bitten by a mutated spider".

The problem is, if they get rid of Earth-65, she loses most of her supporting cast. They can't bring the Mary Janes over as they all have 616 counterparts.
    OTOH, I now wanna see both Mary Janes interacting since that’ll be comedy gold considering how the 65 version is. And I still want Gwen to team up with Daredevil.

What about the Watcher? He complains too much already about how boring he finds Earth 65 to be. And if Gwen leaves, what else can he watch? Mary Jane finds a coin in the street? Elsa Brock adopts a cat? Samantha Wilson was secretly HYDRA? "Sigh"

I mean to be fair, if anyone's counterpart is moving to 616, they should be changing names.

Stupid enough that Gwen goes there with her real name, Jackal even points that out.

But it'd still be stupid to have a bunch of counterparts moving in...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    What about the Watcher? He complains too much already about how boring he finds Earth 65 to be. And if Gwen leaves, what else can he watch? Mary Jane finds a coin in the street? Elsa Brock adopts a cat? Samantha Wilson was secretly HYDRA? "Sigh"
    He moves to 616, kicks Fury out, and becomes 616's new Watcher.

And if the 2099 arc in ASM is any hint, he'll eventually become enslaved by Doom .

Fantastic Member

If Gwen does move I highly doubt anyone except maybe her dad comes with her. Her other friends and allies have their own lives back in Earth-65 and unless they repeat the schtick with Miles and Molecule Man there ain't no retconning them in. Considering MJ's been reduced to a shrieking harpy I doubt supporting characters are a really big deal for this run...

I mean to be fair, if anyone's counterpart is moving to 616, they should be changing names.

Stupid enough that Gwen goes there with her real name, Jackal even points that out.

But it'd still be stupid to have a bunch of counterparts moving in...

He moves to 616, kicks Fury out, and becomes 616's new Watcher.

And if the 2099 arc in ASM is any hint, he'll eventually become enslaved by Doom .
    Ah, if it was that easy... the other Watchers were clear: he has a sacred oath to watch Earth 65 yada yada, all that earth, and only that earth. Distracting himself with other earths is not allowed. Stupid sacred oath...

Fantastic Member

Another Ghost Spider variant:

Much better looking than the 2099 outfit and its see through hood.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post

Oh, definitely. Come to think of it, Miles 2020 looks better than Miles 2099, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post

I don't disagree...granted, it doesn't really change up the design much either .