Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404647484950515253 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't disagree...granted, it doesn't really change up the design much either .
    How dare you?! Parts of her costume glow and she has a metal backpack instead of a normal one now! Massive difference!

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Another Ghost Spider variant:

Much better looking than the 2099 outfit and its see through hood.
    Not a fan of those shiny shoes.

Like, the other shiny shit makes the costume a bit worse, but the shoes... That needs to go lol.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Not a fan of those shiny shoes.

Like, the other shiny shit makes the costume a bit worse, but the shoes... That needs to go lol.
    Is it any worse than her already jarring teal shoes?

Is it any worse than her already jarring teal shoes?
    Yes, because now they're shiny, so they're an even bigger eyesore.

Fantastic Member

Yes, because now they're shiny, so they're an even bigger eyesore.
    At least they match the suit colors better.

I swear some of these 2020 designs are just rejected 2099 ones.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Rading through Marvel Action Spider-Man and one thing I found noticeable was Gwen's utter lack of responsibility. While Peter and Miles blame themselves for various reasons she adamantly insists she's not the one at fault and continuously blames the others, mostly on the fact that she's a girl (which Peter points is BS since they never acted sexist) and she didn't vote for him as leader (more valid, but Peter is the most experienced):

It's quite clear that she's projecting due to living under a strict policeman father and because Glory gets on her case due to her absences. It's actually a pretty good flaw, showing how she's rash and her headstrong attitude makes her too stubborn to the point that she acts like she can do no wrong. Much better than the original SG comic run where Gwen's stubborness is due to morality and being too kind rather than pride

Rading through Marvel Action Spider-Man and one thing I found noticeable was Gwen's utter lack of responsibility. While Peter and Miles blame themselves for various reasons she adamantly insists she's not the one at fault and continuously blames the others, mostly on the fact that she's a girl (which Peter points is BS since they never acted sexist) and she didn't vote for him as leader (more valid, but Peter is the most experienced):

It's quite clear that she's projecting due to living under a strict policeman father and because Glory gets on her case due to her absences. It's actually a pretty good flaw, showing how she's rash and her headstrong attitude makes her too stubborn to the point that she acts like she can do no wrong. Much better than the original SG comic run where Gwen's stubborness is due to morality and being too kind rather than pride
    Huh, that's interesting, is this a comic about Peter, Gwen and Miles being a Spider-Team?

That comic reminds me of Ultimate Spider-Man. I has both Miles Morales and a teenager Peter Parker, and the art is similar to that of Bagley.

Huh, that's interesting, is this a comic about Peter, Gwen and Miles being a Spider-Team?
    Yes, it is. The incident in that scan was caused by Black Cat. Her bad luck powers made everything go wrong and she escaped.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yes, it is. The incident in that scan was caused by Black Cat. Her bad luck powers made everything go wrong and she escaped.
    With that cartoon, the pre-school cartoon, and this comic, I think Marvel really wants some "Spider-Family".

I may take a look at this comic, those panels make it sound like each character has a role, which is what Spider-Team ups tend to lack, or if they have it, they usually don't do well.

With that cartoon, the pre-school cartoon, and this comic, I think Marvel really wants some "Spider-Family".
    They keep trying to push it, but I have yet to be convinced it works.
    I may take a look at this comic, those panels make it sound like each character has a role, which is what Spider-Team ups tend to lack, or if they have it, they usually don't do well.
    I think it's fun, but I still think it stretches the premise that it takes three Spider-People to take on problems that a solo Spider-Man could usually handle in a day.

Yeah, it's well balanced, unlike the cartoon where Miles, Gwen and Anya can all end up absent from episodes. At least, they're all getting equal panel time.

Marvel probably do want the Spider family to be a thing, yeah... after all DC has it's Bat and Flash families, and to a lesser extent, the Super family. Is it succeeding? Not particularly. Satellite titles keep getting cancelled...

Yeah, it's well balanced, unlike the cartoon where Miles, Gwen and Anya can all end up absent from episodes. At least, they're all getting equal panel time.
    Which isn't very Spider-Man-y, but I digress...

If they were really going for a team Spider-format they should've gone the Flex Fighters route.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I swear some of these 2020 designs are just rejected 2099 ones.
    Considering that 2020 is also the setting of a cyberpunk tabletop RPG called Cyberpunk 2020 . . . which has a video game sequel coming out in 2020 set in 2077, 22 years away from 2099 . . . that actually makes sense.
    The spider is always on the hunt.