Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Read Ghost Spider 4:

spoilers:

Once again the cover fucking lies. The hospital hostage situation has absolutely nothing to do with any actual plot or Manwolf; it’s literally just an unrelated group of bad guys that Gwen stops. I know she’s a hero and that’s what they do, but seriously we don’t have enough pages that she can spend like 5 pages out of 20 something on a completely unrelated baddy every issue or two. I know I said I wanna see Gwen being a hero and having fun, but not when the plot is reaching a peak point and all the lines are converging. Save that for the start of an arc or an entire filler issue, not in the middle of an ongoing plot.

And again on MJ. Seriously, what the **** is up with her? This is her third song that’s about Gwen! I’d understand if she was trying to make Spider-Gwen themed songs to ride shotgun on Gwen’s popularity but that’s absolutely not what she’s doing considering during their comeback concert the crowd somehow had no idea Gwen was the drummer. And then of course she almost blows up at Gwen again (for something that was Mj’s fault, mind you) before calming down, which the narration mockingly calls ‘progress’. No, you know what’s progress? The character development MJ already had in the last run where she became a caring, supportive friend and put someone else’s needs above her own! That’s progress!

Benji’s also a no show for this chapter, so she’s probably off Manwolfing it up somewhere. Meanwhile Kosei continues to try to flirt to an unresponsive Gwen. The only thing that could be considered reciprocation is when she calls him sweet after he complimented her, but given her previous behavior I expect her thought bubble added ‘he’s such a great friend’ to that. Again I honestly wouldn’t mind if Maguire just made Gwen aromantic at this point cause every time they try to give her a partner it’s someone she has no chemistry with.

Oh, and 616 Jackal follows Gwen to her universe where presumably he’ll try some ****. Guess it’s a good thing Gwen’s spider-sense is already established as being crappy else I’d call bullshit on Gwen not realizing he’s there. Of course, I will call bullshit on the fact that he seems to land nowhere near her despite the fact that he jumped through the same exact portal. That’s not how the portal watches work! He should’ve landed right next to her and she would’ve kicked the crap out of him once he tried his creeper bullshit. Considering he jumps right after her there’s no way she‘s long gone by the time he arrives.

The only thing I really like about the issue is Gwen’s continued improved reputation and skills. Latour Gwen would’ve gotten those hostages shot considering how she fought and tackled situations - compare her here where she quickly beats down Manwolf to when she bumbles around fighting Vulture and Punisher. This Gwen seems far more experienced and trained along with more confident in her skills. I attibute that to her finally losing her guilt complex with regards to Lizard Peter.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Benji's not being Manwolf... didn't she report in to Jackal last issue and then let out an almighty scream? She's been disposed of!
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, it's well balanced, unlike the cartoon where Miles, Gwen and Anya can all end up absent from episodes. At least, they're all getting equal panel time.

Marvel probably do want the Spider family to be a thing, yeah... after all DC has it's Bat and Flash families, and to a lesser extent, the Super family. Is it succeeding? Not particularly. Satellite titles keep getting cancelled...
    That is not really a surprise. New titles are lucky to reach issue 12.

Astonishing Member

Champions actually gave Miles a fitting name in the Weirdworld arc. Shadow Spider. If he ever stops being Spider-Man he should use that.
    Yeah, I remember that. It was a good name, really. The only problem is, in that form, Miles also had Cloak's cloak. That made me think about the Infinity Warps. Miles could be merged with Cloak there, while Spider-Gwen merges with Dagger. And yeah, I know Cloak and Dagger were used on other warps in the comics, but it's obvious some of these warps are not really "stable". Blade has appeared merged with both, Misty Knight and Elsa Bloodstone previously.

Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Didn’t realize Gwen cared about Bodega Bandit this much; she literally says she’s the closest thing to family he has in liue of anyone else. Not bad considering he’s The Worst. Harry’s also confirmed to be out of the hospital though whether Gwen‘s sill dating him isn’t mentioned.

Also, both Miles Warrens already met up and are cooperating. Uh...okay? I’m guessing issue proper will actually show how they allied cause if not then I’m losing even more hope.

She warmed up to him over time. At first she found him annoying, but then she felt sorry for him when his pet was killed, and give him hers. At this point, I think she just wishes he'd go straight. She no longer thinks of him as "the worst". Other villains like Matt "Murderdock" and Man-Wolf have given her perspective.

At this point the Bodega Bandit is just Gwen's sitcom archenemesis that's grown on her .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Didn’t realize Gwen cared about Bodega Bandit this much; she literally says she’s the closest thing to family he has in liue of anyone else. Not bad considering he’s The Worst. Harry’s also confirmed to be out of the hospital though whether Gwen‘s sill dating him isn’t mentioned.

Also, both Miles Warrens already met up and are cooperating. Uh...okay? I’m guessing issue proper will actually show how they allied cause if not then I’m losing even more hope.
    I honestly hope those two tear each other apart.

She warmed up to him over time. At first she found him annoying, but then she felt sorry for him when his pet was killed, and give him hers. At this point, I think she just wishes he'd go straight. She no longer thinks of him as "the worst". Other villains like Matt "Murderdock" and Man-Wolf have given her perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At this point the Bodega Bandit is just Gwen's sitcom archenemesis that's grown on her .
    Pretty much, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Read Ghost Spider 5:

spoilers:

So this issue better than the last ones. No dicking around, just straight to the plot with 616 Miles making contact with 65-Miles and working together to capture Gwen. One thing I loved was the contrast between the two Warrens. 616 Warren is a fucking creep as expected but 65 Warren is a professional who just wants Gwen out of the way for the sake of pragmatism. He even gets disturbed at 616 Jackal’s motivation for going after Gwen, loudly stating that she’s over half their age and that’s just fucking gross.

Of course this mocking leads to 616 Jackal killing 65 Jackal once Gwen’s been captured so that’s the end of that side plot. Pretty quick, but at least we still have 616 Jackal to pick up the reins. And of course Gwen angsts that its her fault despite the fa that he helped bomb her freaking concert, which her friends comfort her for.

Speaking of her friends, they make an appearance at the end to rescue her from Jackal. The reason they knew where she was? Apparently Mj had a freaking real time tracker app placed on Gwen. Uh..,okay? Not gonna complain since they saved Gwen from a really uncomfortable situation but seems pretty out there. That and I have no fucking clue why they decided to go there on their own without telling at least Gwen’s police chief dad. At least MJ proves useful - when Jackal tries to take her hostage MJ just elbows him in the gut. Nice show, MJ.

Next issue will have 616 Jackal making contact with Man Wolf, so we’re getting to the conclusion. Speaking of Man Wolfs gang, they really confuse me. First they set a trap by holding a mother and daughter hostage and then killing them both once they capture Gwen. Monsters. But then thug asks 65 Warren if he’s sure the sedative didn‘t hurt Gwen? Why the **** does he care? Kinda late to show some humanity when his first scene has him gunning down a mom and her kid, author.
    end of spoilers

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Read Ghost Spider 5:

spoilers:

So this issue better than the last ones. No dicking around, just straight to the plot with 616 Miles making contact with 65-Miles and working together to capture Gwen. One thing I loved was the contrast between the two Warrens. 616 Warren is a fucking creep as expected but 65 Warren is a professional who just wants Gwen out of the way for the sake of pragmatism. He even gets disturbed at 616 Jackal’s motivation for going after Gwen, loudly stating that she’s over half their age and that’s just fucking gross.

Of course this mocking leads to 616 Jackal killing 65 Jackal once Gwen’s been captured so that’s the end of that side plot. Pretty quick, but at least we still have 616 Jackal to pick up the reins. And of course Gwen angsts that its her fault despite the fa that he helped bomb her freaking concert, which her friends comfort her for.

Speaking of her friends, they make an appearance at the end to rescue her from Jackal. The reason they knew where she was? Apparently Mj had a freaking real time tracker app placed on Gwen. Uh..,okay? Not gonna complain since they saved Gwen from a really uncomfortable situation but seems pretty out there. That and I have no fucking clue why they decided to go there on their own without telling at least Gwen’s police chief dad. At least MJ proves useful - when Jackal tries to take her hostage MJ just elbows him in the gut. Nice show, MJ.

Next issue will have 616 Jackal making contact with Man Wolf, so we’re getting to the conclusion. Speaking of Man Wolfs gang, they really confuse me. First they set a trap by holding a mother and daughter hostage and then killing them both once they capture Gwen. Monsters. But then thug asks 65 Warren if he’s sure the sedative didn‘t hurt Gwen? Why the **** does he care? Kinda late to show some humanity when his first scene has him gunning down a mom and her kid, author.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, those were some pretty confusing turns of writing/characterization there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Read Ghost Spider 5:
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Police Chief? Sure you're not mixing Gwen with Barbara Gordon there? George Stacy is only a Captain, that's not the chief (higher ranking than normal cops, sure, but not the boss). The chief would be a Commissioner or a Superintendent, wouldn't it?

Looks like Gwen is involved in Outlawed.
    https://www.newsarama.com/48336-marv...citations.html

And in her solo, the band is visiting 616!

GHOST-SPIDER #8
    SEANAN McGUIRE (W) • IG GUARA (A)
    Cover by TAKESHI MIYAZAWA
    • Rock and roll dreams come true! It’s all eyes on THE MARY
    JANES as Gwen takes the band on a rip-roaring multiversal concert tour!
    • But not all those eyes belong to starstruck fans. There’s something symbiotic and sinister stirring in the Prime Universe – and GWENOM may have a part to play…
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

I wonder if Peter confirmed to them Gwen's below the limit for the law?

Looks like the Symbiote is finally coming back to bite Gwen...

I would imagine that being seen around ESU would make them suspect that both she and Squirrel Girl are students there anyway, and therefore quite likely to be aged 18-22.