Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Looks like Gwen is involved in Outlawed.
    https://www.newsarama.com/48336-marv...citations.html

And in her solo, the band is visiting 616!

GHOST-SPIDER #8
    SEANAN McGUIRE (W) • IG GUARA (A)
    Cover by TAKESHI MIYAZAWA
    • Rock and roll dreams come true! It’s all eyes on THE MARY
    JANES as Gwen takes the band on a rip-roaring multiversal concert tour!
    • But not all those eyes belong to starstruck fans. There’s something symbiotic and sinister stirring in the Prime Universe – and GWENOM may have a part to play…
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    If the Mary Janes are gonna be performing in 616/"Prime," I wonder if that'll bring their 616/"Prime" counterparts into the picture somehow.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I keep waiting for a meeting between 616 Mary Jane and Ghost Spider.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    what do you hope from this interaction?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    what do you hope from this interaction?
    Some awkwardness. Some reflection. Some bonding.

That could be interesting.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Some awkwardness. Some reflection. Some bonding.
    I would like to see that, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

To finish up a discussion from before, its confirmed that Rising Gwen has organic webshooters since the latest special involves her losing her powers. Still doesn’t explain where she got her tech and gear though.

Stolen from the police? Her father is a cop.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Stolen from the police? Her father is a cop.
    I highly doubt she stole her costume (which looks way better than what a teenager can sew up), personalized tracking devices and other stuff from the police. The only thing she could’ve feasibly gotten was the drone since that can be bought.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    To finish up a discussion from before, its confirmed that Rising Gwen has organic webshooters since the latest special involves her losing her powers. Still doesn’t explain where she got her tech and gear though.
    Yeah, the moment the villain started shooting webs after stealing her powers, it pretty much confirmed Gwen has organic webbing without needing to spell it out.

Also she bonds with Inferno over being in rock groups and her patented Spider-Humor lets her detect America's sarcasm when nobody else does.

Fantastic Member

Even the Jackal finds the Jackal creepy:

Don’t you just hate it when you wanna be a criminal professional and you find out that your alternate just wants to mack it to people young enough to be his daughter? Also, some art from Takeshi Miyazawa:

They're really hammering in that GweMJ conflict, huh? I do like Gwen's Venom tanktop, though. Simple design but looks a lot less generic than her current outfit:

Not pictured above is the white jacket she normally wears, so she's basically just wearing her superhero costume in civvie form.

Don’t you just hate it when you wanna be a criminal professional and you find out that your alternate just wants to mack it to people young enough to be his daughter? Also, some art from Takeshi Miyazawa:

They're really hammering in that GweMJ conflict, huh? I do like Gwen's Venom tanktop, though. Simple design but looks a lot less generic than her current outfit.
    This looks like a catfight waiting to happen. Or angry sex.

Gorgeous art though, makes EmJay look like she could rival her 616 counterpart if she tried.

Fantastic Member

Gorgeous art though, makes EmJay look like she could rival her 616 counterpart if she tried.
    Maguire vehemently claimed it ain’t happening cause MJ’s dating Glory. Then the next chapter after this tweet has her make MJ sing yet another song about Gwen and the chapter after that reveals MJ has a freaking tracker app on Gwen’s phone. Sure, lady, whatever you say.

MJ is naturally pretty, so makes sense. I did ask in another forum discussing fanfics on who would be considered hotter in-universe between 65-MJ and 65-Gwen. Readers mostly agreed that MJ would be considered more attractive due to her appearance and hair color (red is considered exotic, apparently) while Gwen feels more like a girl next door:

Their attire fits that idea as well. In the Latour run MJ wore punk and tomboy clothes like Gwen but under Maguire and Miyazawa she’s consistently shown in much more fashionable outfits like designer jackets, leather pants and high heels (which makes me wonder how she can afford that considering the band isn’t doing so well). Gwen, OTOH, loses her punkish edge and wears more plain clothing derivative of her costume. You’d think a symbiote would allow more variation, not less.

"Heh. I've always worked better as a team."

That might be my favorite Jackal line lol.

Wouldn't be a good idea to have angry sex since it looks like they're playing with tension, specially MJ, playing the guitar too much would make her fingers tired .

Maguire vehemently claimed it ain’t happening cause MJ’s dating Glory. Then the next chapter after this tweet has her make MJ sing yet another song about Gwen and the chapter after that reveals MJ has a freaking tracker app on Gwen’s phone. Sure, lady, whatever you say.
    She's one step away from doing a shrine for Gwen at this rate lol.

Their attire fits that idea as well. In the Latour run MJ wore punk and tomboy clothes like Gwen but under Maguire and Miyazawa she’s consistently shown in much more fashionable outfits like designer jackets, leather pants and high heels (which makes me wonder how she can afford that considering the band isn’t doing so well). Gwen, OTOH, loses her punkish edge and wears more plain clothing derivative of her costume. You’d think a symbiote would allow more variation, not less.
    Gwen varying less with the symbiote makes it look like she only bothered to change clothes because they'd eventually start to stink so she picked something else, and with the symbiote she doesn't have this issue and just wears the same thing lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 12-24-2019 at 01:16 PM.

MJ is naturally pretty, so makes sense. I did ask in another forum discussing fanfics on who would be considered hotter in-universe between 65-MJ and 65-Gwen. Readers mostly agreed that MJ would be considered more attractive due to her appearance and hair color (red is considered exotic, apparently) while Gwen feels more like a girl next door:

In essence, Miyazawa makes everyone prettier .