Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In essence, Miyazawa makes everyone prettier.
    Not sure. For MJ? Definitely. Gwen? I actially preferred her more tomboyish attire and unique hairstyle. Like here, for example:

Her Rising design is also nice and distinct and has her wearing a better looking version of a civilian-esque attire of her costume:

Her worst design, imo, was her Ghost Spider civvies before they switched to Miyazawa. The oversized clothes and especially the spiked hairband looked off. Thatand they drew her as using black lipstick, whic looked just as off as when Gwenom did it during her emo phase:

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Not sure. For MJ? Definitely. Gwen? I actially preferred her more tomboyish attire and unique hairstyle. Like here, for example:

Personality wise I think it fit Earth-65 Gwen better, but I think Miyazawa's is more conventionally pretty by comparison. Which is where my point comes from.
    Her Rising design is also nice and distinct and has her wearing a better looking version of a civilian-esque attire of her costume:

Yeah, Rising Gwen is pretty cute and attractive in a natural way.

Fantastic Member

Maybe its just me but I found Latour Gwen more attractive. Or maybe I just like the artstyle more.

Still hoping the Rising Gwen design becomes more spread. Her Marvel Action design takes some cues from that.

Possibly the only thing stopping them having Earth-65 Gwen get the pink hair is the existence of Gwenpool. She's where the Rising and Action Gwens got it from.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Possibly the only thing stopping them having Earth-65 Gwen get the pink hair is the existence of Gwenpool. She's where the Rising and Action Gwens got it from.
    I guess, but honestly I doubt people would complain overmuch of Comics Gwen got pink tips. Or they can follow some fanart and give her blue tips instead.

Maybe its just me but I found Latour Gwen more attractive. Or maybe I just like the artstyle more.

Still hoping the Rising Gwen design becomes more spread. Her Marvel Action design takes some cues from that.
    I'm more of a Miyazawa man myself .
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, Gwenpool hasn't had any major media appearances, so as far as the general public is concerned they might be able to make pink hair stick for Gwen...

Fantastic Member

I'm more of a Miyazawa man myself .
    I do like Miyazawa but I feel like Gwen falls under the 'generic cuteness' trope whereas Latour and Rising Gwen look for more distinct and personalized. That and Miyazawa Gwen's civvies just look so damn bland...

I get that she's supposed to be a tomboy but her fashion sense just comes across as pretty damn generic with no personalization or character. And to argue against Maguire's tweet about people complaining Gwen doesn't look 'sexy' enough. No, that's not what I want. Rising Gwen has a cute and distinct design without being overtly sexy; which is a good thing since she's, what, 15 years old? Just add some characterto her outfits rather than just putting her in the same t-shirt, jacket and ripped jeans combo. Also I get that the teal shoes are iconic now, but Gwen wearing variations of it in every outfit, including her damn date dress, is just comical:

Well, Gwenpool hasn't had any major media appearances, so as far as the general public is concerned they might be able to make pink hair stick for Gwen...
    Honestly yeah. Gwenpool has had comic appearances but Gwen has pink hair in Rising, Action, Lego movie and I imagine any future incarnation will have them as well. Might as well just give it to her.

I do like Miyazawa but I feel like Gwen falls under the 'generic cuteness' trope whereas Latour and Rising Gwen look for more distinct and personalized. That and Miyazawa Gwen's civvies just look so damn bland...

I get that she's supposed to be a tomboy but her fashion sense just comes across as pretty damn generic with no personalization or character. And to argue against Maguire's tweet about people complaining Gwen doesn't look 'sexy' enough. No, that's not what I want. Rising Gwen has a cute and distinct design without being overtly sexy; which is a good thing since she's, what, 15 years old? Just add some characterto her outfits rather than just putting her in the same t-shirt, jacket and ripped jeans combo. Also I get that the teal shoes are iconic now, but Gwen wearing variations of it in every outfit, including her damn date dress, is just comical:

Those images, to me, look stylish, especially compared to Rodriguez' Gwen who seemed to just put on whatever. I guess maybe that is a tad more personalized by comparison (and more in-character).