Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Do the MJ's mostly perform cover songs?
    MJ seems to make original songs, from what I gather.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Tell that to 616's Peter Parker and to 616's Matt Murdock (among others).
    Do you really want Gwen making a literal or metaphorical Faustian bargain to get that genie back in the bottle?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Do you really want Gwen making a literal or metaphorical Faustian bargain to get that genie back in the bottle?
    No.
    But then again, I dropped Soule's run on Daredevil because he was taking waaaaaaaaaaaay too long to explain how Daredevil got back his secret identity, so I don't know how that one played out.
    But my point was, it can be done (some way or the other).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    No.
    But then again, I dropped Soule's run on Daredevil because he was taking waaaaaaaaaaaay too long to explain how Daredevil got back his secret identity, so I don't know how that one played out.
    But my point was, it can be done (some way or the other).
    The Purple Children did it as a favor for Matt, amplifying their powers to broadcast a command to make the world forget Matt was Daredevil.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Usually when a artist comes in they don't just bring a visual art style to a work and characters but also a fashion style that represents the characters. I remember the Gwen Stacy from the enjoyable 'Spidey' series having 3-4 main artists during it's run and how that one Gwen version looked differently not just from art style but the fashion style and tone perspective displayed. I posted this before in some thread with examples that if I find agian one day I'll edit this to link it.

Thus when I find a new artists it's not just the art style and tone that can shift but I like to see what type of fashion the artist will give for the characters particularly female characters that often have the most variety and tone vs male characters. Add that to the matters Gwen has a shift shaping fashion unlimited symbiote and the fashion can go anywhere and everywhere and money issues for that end isn't a factor.
    It seems the colorist is keeping with the white and blue coloring found on her Spider-Woman coloring for tops and black pants. Loved the artist work on Ms Marvel and loving the work here. Cute and super expressions with a slight sketchiness yet also clean lines and line weights used. Only oddness was Gwen's room looks a little empty when I'm so use to the artist hiding and making tons of stuff in the backgrounds at time's turing into a Where's Waldo visual game of fun that also didn't take away from the main images and tale being told.
    For this artist Gwen is wearing mostly long sleeve shirts and that mixture of sports jacket/fitted athletic wear sweatshirt I've seen joggers wear.

I loved the Gwen/Father team, interactions, love, and support from the first two volumes and super happy to see that continuing. It's heartwarming and every scene they are in is gold. I love how Gwen isn't hiding things from her father including her plans or thoughts going in her head.

This is the first time I'm recalling that it was mentioned that Jameson is now Mayor. I know he was for a brief time on 616 but I'm figuring when Gwen was put in jail it's possible Jameson using his show, celebrity, and that matters Gwen was put in jail for with him being the one to report her helped him win that seat of power. When the tides started to change with public support for Gwen and celebrity status herself his messages changed with them. The matters that he is the mayor will probably cause Gwen alot of problems as his son with be apart of her rogues gallery and as mayor Jameson might try to hide his son's wrongdoings or blame Spider-Woman for them or other matters. Thus for Gwen, her family, and friends they in turn will probably be assaulted by mayor powers and press once Jameson changes his tune once agian which doesn't bode well for Gwen's dad. The writer is setting up many possibilities of drama right now.

All-New Member

hi new here soory if this has been asked but is spidergwen vol 0 out of print?? and does anynone please know when it will be out again,
    thanks.
    johnny

Quote Originally Posted by imortall4243 View Post
    hi new here soory if this has been asked but is spidergwen vol 0 out of print?? and does anynone please know when it will be out again,
    thanks.
    johnny
    Where are you from?

Here in the U.S., amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com still appear to list it as available from their stock (not just through other partner-vendors).

All-New Member

israel thanks for the help ill look it up.

I already posted this update in the other Gwen appreciation thread but seeing how the Gwen featured in my fanfic is, in essence, a kind of hybrid between the 616 and 65 versions I'll repost this here as well -

For those interested. Chapter Fifteen of my What If Gwen Stacy Never Died? story is posted. Spider-Man and Ghost Spider learn the identity of Black Cat while Dr. Octopus plots to make a semi-reluctant Harry into his latest "masterpiece" -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1276833...wined-Destines

If so inclined, enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    "It'll be good, old-fashioned legwork." Well, if you can count her turning herself in as "legwork..."

It's nice to see them acknowledge how hard it is for Gwen to get a job, what with having only a high school education and a criminal record, on-top of being a public Superhero.

Amazing Member

Another pages preview from another website.
    http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...pidergwen6.htm

Look like MARVEL change plan and ignore "Ghost-Spider" codename due to successful movie "SPIDER-MAN: Into the Spider-Verse".

When non-comic fans hear the codename "Spider-Woman", they may think about Gwen Stacy automatically. Poor Jessica~~~.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelJean View Post
    Another pages preview from another website.
    http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...pidergwen6.htm

Look like MARVEL change plan and ignore "Ghost-Spider" codename due to the successful movie "SPIDER-MAN: Into the Spider-Verse".

When non-comic fans hear the codename "Spider-Woman", they may think about Gwen Stacy automatically. Poor Jessica~~~.
    I'm not surprised. I've long suspected Ghost Spider was simply a backup moniker should the movie fail.

Indeed, poor Jessica. I've heard rumors from insiders some people at Marvel want to ax the character of 616 Jessica Drew in favor of moving 65 Gwen, as the new Spider-Woman, to 616 permanently for reasons of brand synergy. The main thing preventing them from enacting their plan is fear of potential fan backlash from offing such an iconic if a relatively unpopular character (in comparison to Spider-Gwen) in Jessica Drew.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

Once again, I'm damn confused on Gwen's age. Her dad says she's 'almost an adult'. Wut? She should be 20 at this point and she was 19 in her original run. The hell does he mean almost an adult? Also, 65-Jameson is a fucking hypocrite. As much as I dislike 616-JJ, at least hes tuck to his guns, no matter how much blanks he shot. Here he's suddenly done an about face cause now prosecuting Spider-Woman isn't popular. *******. Five bucks says he'll revert when Gwen beats up his criminal son.

A few more details as well: Gwen pretty much was kicked out of her and Betty's apartment due to the danger; her spider-sense is as shitty as it always is; MJ continues to be a pain in Gwen's spider tush; and Gwen's first Hero for Hire request was someone wanting to date her. I'm really curious on what that guy said. Must've been hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm not surprised. I've long suspected Ghost Spider was simply a backup moniker should the movie fail.

Indeed, poor Jessica. I've heard rumors from insiders some people at Marvel want to ax the character of 616 Jessica Drew in favor of moving 65 Gwen, as the new Spider-Woman, to 616 permanently for reasons of brand synergy. The main thing preventing them from enacting their plan is fear of potential fan backlash from offing such an iconic if a relatively unpopular character (in comparison to Spider-Gwen) in Jessica Drew.
    Then don't off Jessica. Instead, maybe have Kelly Thompson give her a new codename in the Captain Marvel comic.

The other issue is Gwen's supporting cast, as bringing the Mary Janes to 616 would be awkward since MJ, Glory and Betty all have alive 616 counterparts.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman