View Poll Results: Are you planning on picking up this year's Female Furies miniseries?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

8 38.10%
  • No.

9 42.86%
  • I'm not sure yet.

4 19.05%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Female Furies Appreciation 2019

The Female Furies Appreciation Thread (2019 Edition!)

The Female Furies are an all female military unit lead by Granny Goodness which serves as both an elite strike force and honor guard for Darkseid, Lord of Apokolips. Raised in Granny Goodness' orphanage, the Furies were taught military tactics under Goodness and assassination under Kanto. Goodness instilled fanatical loyalty in the Furies, teaching them to be loyal to her first, but for their foremost loyalty to be for Darkseid, making them willing to "Die for Darkseid".

They are...

• Big Barda - One of the greatest warriors to ever come from Apokolips, Barda abandoned the Furies to stay with her lover Mister Miracle on earth.
    • Lashina - Current leader of the Furies, Lashina is a dominatrix who uses an electro-whip to shock her opponents into submission.
    • Bernadeth - Secondary leader of the Furies after Lashina, Bernadeth is a malicious crone and sister to Desaad. She carries the Fahren-Knife, a dagger forged from Darkseid's bones able to kill gods and burn her victims from the inside.
    • Stompa - Strongest member of the Furies, Stompa is equipped with anti-matter boots that can create massive earthquakes and tremors.
    • Mad Harriet - The most masochistic of the Furies, Mad Harriet is an insane hag who wields energy spiked-claws that she uses to tear her victims apart.
    • Gilotina - One of the youngest of the Furies, Gilotina has a fascination with decapitation.
    • Artemiz - Seldom seen, Artemiz is the Furies' huntress, and commands a pack of cyber-wolves to do her bidding.
    • Malice Vundabar - Cousin to Virman Vundabar, Malice uses her youthful appearance to deceive her enemies while her pet demon Chessure devours them.
    • Speed Queen - Fastest of the Furies, Speed Queen believes you "live fast or die quick."
    • Bloody Mary - An energy vampire, Bloody Mary uses her seductive charm to suck the life out of those around her.
    • Knockout - Like Big Barda, the super-strong Knockout left Apokolips.

Who's your favorite Fury?

What's your favorite story featuring the Female Furies?

What would you like DC to do in the future with the Furies?

For last year's Female Furies appreciation thread, click here.

Gorgeous variant cover for Female Furies #1!

Happy New Year to one of the most famous villain teams in comics .

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    The Female Furies Appreciation Thread (2019 Edition!)

The Female Furies are an all female military unit lead by Granny Goodness which serves as both an elite strike force and honor guard for Darkseid, Lord of Apokolips. Raised in Granny Goodness' orphanage, the Furies were taught military tactics under Goodness and assassination under Kanto. Goodness instilled fanatical loyalty in the Furies, teaching them to be loyal to her first, but for their foremost loyalty to be for Darkseid, making them willing to "Die for Darkseid".

They are...

• Big Barda - One of the greatest warriors to ever come from Apokolips, Barda abandoned the Furies to stay with her lover Mister Miracle on earth.
    • Lashina - Current leader of the Furies, Lashina is a dominatrix who uses an electro-whip to shock her opponents into submission.
    • Bernadeth - Secondary leader of the Furies after Lashina, Bernadeth is a malicious crone and sister to Desaad. She carries the Fahren-Knife, a dagger forged from Darkseid's bones able to kill gods and burn her victims from the inside.
    • Stompa - Strongest member of the Furies, Stompa is equipped with anti-matter boots that can create massive earthquakes and tremors.
    • Mad Harriet - The most masochistic of the Furies, Mad Harriet is an insane hag who wields energy spiked-claws that she uses to tear her victims apart.
    • Gilotina - One of the youngest of the Furies, Gilotina has a fascination with decapitation.
    • Artemiz - Seldom seen, Artemiz is the Furies' huntress, and commands a pack of cyber-wolves to do her bidding.
    • Malice Vundabar - Cousin to Virman Vundabar, Malice uses her youthful appearance to deceive her enemies while her pet demon Chessure devours them.
    • Speed Queen - Fastest of the Furies, Speed Queen believes you "live fast or die quick."
    • Bloody Mary - An energy vampire, Bloody Mary uses her seductive charm to suck the life out of those around her.
    • Knockout - Like Big Barda, the super-strong Knockout left Apokolips.

Who's your favorite Fury?

What's your favorite story featuring the Female Furies?

What would you like DC to do in the future with the Furies?

For last year's Female Furies appreciation thread, click here.

Don’t forget Hammer Harlene

Last edited by Robotman; 01-10-2019 at 01:41 AM.

My favorite, that’s still on the team? Probably Lashina, because we know the most about her and her rivalry with Bernadeth. Although I do like visual design of Mad Harriet and Bloody Mary.

Favorite story? Probably their appearances in Superman the animated series.

If I were running things, what I’d want in 2019 is to see them coalesce as team (with all the friendships and dysfunction inherent in bringing these women together), some costume designs like Fabok did for Wonder Woman in Darkseid War, expanded characterization for all the team members, new team members added to their ranks (where you at Wunda?”), and finally (like all New Gods not named Darkseid, Grail, Orion, Big Barda, Knockout, Kalibak, etc.) an exploration of what their physical powers and limitations as gods are.

0131B96E-A8BC-4CB4-B59F-FD9E957BC193.jpg

We talked it about it before in the Wonder Woman forum, but it makes me crazy that sometimes they’re shown as powerful enough to take on Kal and Diana and other times Lois and Steve Trevor take them out. But that’s something I can say about all the New Gods who aren’t the heavy hitters. That inconsistency hurts the stories they’re in.

Past getting all that stuff in order, I think they’re probably the most interesting Fourth World characters to get an ongoing title and give us a tour of the worlds of Apokolips, New Genesis, and Earth and its cosmic characters.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 01-10-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Gorgeous variant cover for Female Furies #1!
    Stop with the Bernadeth erasure, artists. I personally blame STAS.

Also, there's a Scooby-Doo book out now(Scooby-Doo Team-Up #45) where Granny Goodness has kidnapped Daphne and Velma and brainwashed them into being the two newest Female Furies!

DC's New Gods Movie Villains Reportedly Revealed, and it's Granny and the Furies!

DC's New Gods Movie Villains Reportedly Revealed, and it's Granny and the Furies!
    Looking forward to the Furies getting their due in live-action .

Ava DuVernay seems to be excited for the mini, going by her reaction to a Ramona Fradon Big Barda commission posted by Cecil Castellucci:

https://twitter.com/ava/status/1083140628060430336

And then she liked the post where Castellucci asked her to check out the book in February and said she's excited to see Granny and the Furies on the big screen:

https://twitter.com/misscecil/status...77166748082180

Lends more credence to the buzz that the movie will be Barda/Scott Free centric with Granny and the Furies being the main antagonists.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Ava DuVernay seems to be excited for the mini, going by her reaction to a Ramona Fradon Big Barda commission posted by Cecil Castellucci:

https://twitter.com/ava/status/1083140628060430336

And then she liked the post where Castellucci asked her to check out the book in February and said she's excited to see Granny and the Furies on the big screen:

https://twitter.com/misscecil/status...77166748082180

Lends more credence to the buzz that the movie will be Barda/Scott Free centric with Granny and the Furies being the main antagonists.
    If the rumors are true, I’m really glad they aren’t trying to cram the whole New Gods mythology into one movie. They should treat it like the Lord of the Rings. Make it a multiple film epic. Scott and Barda’s story in the first film, Orion’s in the second, then they meet up on earth for the epic showdown with Darkseid in the third movie.

Also, it would be amazing if Granny and the Furies get a whole movie to themselves as the main antagonists.

My only worry for the Furies being the New Gods villains is that they might be quick to kill some (or all) of the members off during the film rather than leaving some (or all) for future films. I don't mind second-stringers like Gilotina, Bloody Mary, or Artemiz getting off'd, but I'd hate to see mainstays like Lashina, Stompa, or Bernadeth killed off for good.

Also, April solicit:

Looks like Aurelie betrays the Furies and that Granny Goodness tries to "brainwash" them. Plus, Beautiful Dreamer!

from
    Who's Who -- The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. VIII (October 1985)

I loved Lashina's time with the Suicide Squad. She sure proved how vicious and heartless she can be.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My only worry for the Furies being the New Gods villains is that they might be quick to kill some (or all) of the members off during the film rather than leaving some (or all) for future films. I don't mind second-stringers like Gilotina, Bloody Mary, or Artemiz getting off'd, but I'd hate to see mainstays like Lashina, Stompa, or Bernadeth killed off for good.

Also, April solicit:

Looks like Aurelie betrays the Furies and that Granny Goodness tries to "brainwash" them. Plus, Beautiful Dreamer!
    What I wouldn't give for a Female Furies ongoing series drawn by Nicola Scott.