View Poll Results: Are you planning on picking up this year's Female Furies miniseries?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

8 38.10%
  • No.

9 42.86%
  • I'm not sure yet.

4 19.05%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So has #4 of Female Furies come out? And what was it like?
    Three weeks ago.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

#4 was pretty good. But I'm ultimately disappointed that this story has done very little to flesh out the actual Female Furies, instead focusing on Barda, Auralie, and Granny.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    #4 was pretty good. But I'm ultimately disappointed that this story has done very little to flesh out the actual Female Furies, instead focusing on Barda, Auralie, and Granny.
    Maybe that can change. How many more issues does it have left?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Maybe that can change. How many more issues does it have left?
    Two more I believe.

I do think with the news that Tom King is working on the New Gods film, the Furies' chances of appearing rose even more.

Apparently the Female Furies appear in the new episodes of Young Justice!

Yeah, spoiler for who shows up:

spoilers:
    Barda, Lashina, and Gilotina.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, spoiler for who shows up:

spoilers:
    Barda, Lashina, and Gilotina.
    end of spoilers
    Suspicious that they chose to use the "sexy" Furies and no Stompa, Bernadeth, or Mad Harriet.

Suspicious that they chose to use the "sexy" Furies and no Stompa, Bernadeth, or Mad Harriet.
    I mean, personally I don't think that's why they went with the ones they did, especially since Stompa and Mad Harriet are usually the ones used in adaptions anyways.

I also imagine we'll see more Furies eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, personally I don't think that's why they went with the ones they did, especially since Stompa and Mad Harriet are usually the ones used in adaptions anyways.

I also imagine we'll see more Furies eventually.
    I know, I'm just bitter because I hate when "lesser" Furies like Gilotina get used over Stompa et al.

In other news, Female Furies #6 stuff...

spoilers:
    I wonder if this issue will quell certain vocal fans' negative response to it - it's 100% confirmed as an "elseworlds" style story. Also, Sweet Leilani, Gilotina, and... Giganta? (or possibly Knockout wearing Giganta's Rebirth outfit??) appear in the story as Granny's "New Furies."
    end of spoilers

They were great - nice to see Granny getting the spotlight this season.

I caught up on issues 5 and 6 this AM and I'm a bit like, "what is going on?" and how are they going to return to the status quo, in a sense.

While I question the tone of this limited series at times, the series also makes me realize that the Furies are some of the more interesting characters amongst the New Gods and I'd like to see more of them (Speed Queen, Wunda, etc.) show up and get characterization. Experiencing Tigra has been fun as we get to see the women of Apokolips and Dreamer finally take center stage.

DC could absolutely make The New Gods into a Game of Thrones-esque series of 3-4 titles again and I'd absolutely want one of them to be The Female Furies.

I've never understood why DC has never wanted to explore or define their godhood, abilities, constitution, and natures much, much more, when compared to humans, superhumans, and other deities.

(BTW, the other titles I'd like in the line are the Elite [Darkseid's Elite and their politics and intrigues], Heirs & Scions [the relationships and intrigues between Scott Free, Orion, Grail, Kalibak, Grayven, etc. and their spouses and lovers {and occasionally their parents}], and a series about Glorious Godfrey and Amazing Grace working incognito on Earth, to sway it to an Apokoliptan agenda, while commanding others as the ties between Apokolips and Intergang. I'd have two undeveloped New Genosian characters placed on Earth in an effort disrupt their plans.)

I know, I'm just bitter because I hate when "lesser" Furies like Gilotina get used over Stompa et al.

In other news, Female Furies #6 stuff...

spoilers:
    I wonder if this issue will quell certain vocal fans' negative response to it - it's 100% confirmed as an "elseworlds" style story. Also, Sweet Leilani, Gilotina, and... Giganta? (or possibly Knockout wearing Giganta's Rebirth outfit??) appear in the story as Granny's "New Furies."
    end of spoilers
    Pretty sure it's Knockout with the "Lie with no men!" line.

Anyways, great stuff, and I'm not entirely convinced the mini is out of continuity. It's possible a planned sequel series aims at bringing the Furies closer to the status quo where they are more respected as Darkseid's elite and are motivated to serve him because of the power he offers them vs. being little more than a slave army as in the first mini.

Only question is whether a second series is possible after the (expected) sales of this one. I hope DC throws Castelluci a bone. Her storytelling skills are undiluted and powerful, and Castelloti's artwork is just gorgeous (can't wait for her Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy mini in September).

Well, the rumors are true! As per Ava Duvernay's tweets, the Furies are confirmed for the New Gods film!

Well, the rumors are true! As per Ava Duvernay's tweets, the Furies are confirmed for the New Gods film!
    She not just confirmed them, she fangirled over them! <3

How could any self-respecting Barda fan not include the The Furies?! I’m looking forward to them so much. #AskAva

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    She not just confirmed them, she fangirled over them! <3
    She makes a very valid point .